State Street

State Street Management reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 2,746 reviews
Review
AML Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 December 2019
Stressful and too much turnover of staff on teams
No real guidance or training provided
Overtime always expected
Feeling staff are temporary there
Bad location
Poor oversight management of team
Serious workplace, great for self-formation
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 November 2019
I had very good management at State Street and great opportunities for training. The standard of the team was very high and I enjoyed my job.
It's a global company and it is hard to know who's who as there are very many teams and locations.
Official response from State Street
10 January 2020

Thank you for your review. I agree we have many opportunities for training and development ranging from professional development to technical skills. Opportunities are plentiful and our culture encourages participation. Our junior employees are held to a high standard – this is something I enjoy and helps employees maintain a sense of purpose. We are a global organization and my team interacts with people from every walk of life offering different perspectives.
Kelly, Relationship Manager, Professional Development Program

Good place to start and gain experience
My team was a good group. But the workload and the lack of more hires make the work life balance very difficult.
There is no culture as most of the big companies. The experience overall will depend of how you feel towards extra hours and time management.

Also the manager will play a key factor. I was lucky to have great people as managers and I always get along with my team members, but even them will have the same comments not enough resources for the amount of workload, they mention is due to the lack of experience professionals on the market.

In overall is a good place to start but after few years if you want to promote and get more experience is good to move either around the company or somewhere else.
Pros
Great canteen.
Cons
Lack of employees for the workload
Good company
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Kilkenny8 October 2019
Good company to work for in my experience. There are plenty of opportunities to advance under the right management. The benefits package is competitive and there are ample opportunities to transfer departments within the company and gain plenty of experience to further your career.
enjoyed my time in State Street
Officer(Manager) (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2019
Learned a lot in State Street. Every day was a new challenge which was good. The people and management were great, great work life balance, but Financial Services industry is drastically changing
Pros
work life balance
Cons
The usual, career progression, etc
Friendly Large Financial Company
Software Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2019
People were friendly despite my being only 1 of my group at the site. I learned the importance of reusing experiemce - especially that gained from colleagues. My direct management were competent and friendly. A big plus was working from home 3 days a week.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Commutre
Great staff but always under pressure
Opersations (Current Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin3 December 2018
Similar to all transfer agencies, there is too much work for too little staff. The staff are great and try their best but management never says no to client requests no matter what is already in progress.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Relentless pressure to take on more work
Not for me
AML Consultant - International Fund Services (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 October 2018
Even though I opted for State Street for a reasonable salary, I soon discovered that this job was not for me even though the Management were very accomodating
good work culture, some potential for career advancement
STAFF ACCOUNTANT II (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny10 September 2018
Good environment to work in, management really try to promote a strong work life balance. There's a strong sense of team and unity across the company but from what I've heard from other offices this is strongest in the Kilkenny offices and less so amongst the other offices.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, room to grow
Cons
poor salary, high staff turnover rate
Management and training are none
At the beginning I was OK with working on my own initiative but
after a while I realised that there was very little job specific training
and that management wasn't accountable for my development. Managemnet is a joke; they know how to enjoy the benefits of flex work which mainly applies to them and do as little as possible to get
involved with their teams.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Management, training, salary, well being
Awful environment, no training , no progression
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare5 July 2018
Awful atmosphere and environment to work in - You could hear a pin drop. Management have no idea how to manage staff but actual knowledge of their job is good purely because most people seem to have got stuck in a rut in the same place due to good location for them for schools etc so experience is there for staff that have stuck around that long. Other than that there is little to no training given to new starters, it's very much a sink or swim atmosphere and each to their own. I really wouldn't recommend to anyone, wages are poor also! Extremely long hours and overtime expected on a whim!
Pros
Free parking, location
Cons
Long hours, awful atmosphere, poor wages, lack of training and career progressional
Good place to work for everyone above middle managers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin1 May 2018
High turnover rate, poor pay for new joiners and some managers act in their own best interests. Definitely a wide range of personal experiences possible there though as a lot of people dont leave.
Pros
People working there
Cons
Pay
Horrible & unwelcoming environment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny21 March 2018
Horrible work environment,Stinking management attitudes . Old school management style , managers not whilling to embrace change and are oppressive .Outdated systems and the management don’t seem to develop great work structures for some teams, ( some managers are clueless and always & when things are not going right,they pull a blame on weak team members ). There is a bullying element &
Favoritism for some team members . If the manager is not in favor of you. Chances of getting promotions are zilch.
Pros
The terrible experience outweighs the good. The environment is not an asheap.
Cons
Worst Financial service company to work for, unhappy environment
Demanding job
Fund Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 January 2018
Little rewards, work life balance is very hard to attain in some teams. There are little opportunities to progress. Communication from management was little and far between.
Good starting point
Fund Accountant (A1) (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 December 2017
State Street is a good starting point for a career there is a lot you can learn here if you put the effort in. There is a good social life but that really all depends on your team.

It's tough to know where you stand within the team/company as management don't really inform you. So tough to chase a promotion if you don't know what you need to do to get it.
Pros
Great canteen, Not a lot of overtime, Office is nice, pension, health care option
Cons
Low starting pay, No idea where you stand with management
A place to start your career
Assocaiate 2 (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2017
I started in State Street as an A2 and quickly found that the work-life balance leans heavily towards work. The roles are end to end so if you are looking to learn about the industry and don't mind psi overtime then it's a great place to start your career in fund administration. There are opportunities to cross train and move up once you gin some experience however you will be expected to work unsociable hours at times without notice so be prepared for this. Management are keen to help with advancement and are generally experienced. The most enjoyable par of the job is the people.
Pros
Experienced people
Cons
Was not a good experience
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  IE19 June 2017
The workplace was extremely poor as many new starts weren't integrated into the team but just given their tasks and got on with it. Do not think there is any sense of a team environment in the business and this could be partly due to the management. Also there is a high staff turnover which shows the job satisfaction levels.
Fantastic Management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 May 2017
Best place to work! Great environment and the management were brilliant and helpful. Very organised and great learning work practice. Multi cultural work place.
Monotonous, dull and not fun
Derivatives OTC Pricing Specialist Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin8 May 2017
The job is the same every single day and lack of management expertise to try and ethuse workers through the daily grind. No encouragement or thank you on a job well done or helping others out. Selfish mentality in the work place with everyone looking ot shift blame. On the plus side it is ocated near town and transport is accesible.

There is a lack of enthusiasm in the work place and no drive for advancement.
Pros
Casual Dress, food is inexpensive
Cons
Poor moral, Lack of communication, No consistency
productive
Company Secretarial Administrator (Former Employee) –  dublin 46 May 2017
Busy professional standard, every day learned new things, management could improve. plenty of work night out. beating deadlines at busy periods. When work was completed without judgement
Pros
small teams
Cons
long hours in April and August

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.