State Street

State Street Employee Reviews

Ok place to start. Overtime isnt manadatory but is expected. Its a fast paced place to work as their is many deadlines to be met. If you are on a team that have end of day deadlines you will be doing overtime
Perform a typical daily work by responding to mails and allocating tasks to the Analysts. Completing my allocated tasks accordingly Attending meetings
After joining SS I could not get over the pace at which you are expected to work at? I found it to be a very challenging work environment but a great learning experience. The company has high expectations of its employees and so there is a lot of attrition.
A very good place to work. Great teams to work with and excellent opportunities for growth and development. Relaxed work atmosphere,. Good training provided and there are opportunities for upskilling for life.
Can be very pressurise at times. Initial departmental training needs work. The expectation on new hires to have a full.understanding of the role from sitting beside someone is not sufficient for the nature of the work.
Pros
Great facilities for staff
Cons
Could improve staff morale
I learnt a lot in State Street and they have a first rate training and development department. The culture there is to work hard and to learn as much as possible. I found the management always approachable and friendly.
Pros
christmas present every year
Cons
little overtime
Not a great place to work in terms of atmosphere or work/life balance but good overview of the funds industry. Not great for promoting hard working staff, or replacing good people who leave.
Cons
Lots of young employees, so good place to start straight from college. Not the best money, and monotonous work. Some fun work life balance initiatives - yoga classes, health and fitness classes, etc.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
Monotonous work
I work from 9 - 5.30 each day with an hour lunch and a semi relaxed timesheet system. Most of the day is spent running calculations and preparing excel worksheets to be run. Some of the time is spend on calls with the clients answering any qustions they have about the current period's filing. I learned much about funds structures and the regulations surrounding them. The management in my team were always very helpful and nice, as were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the uneven work distrabution- you might have no work to do all day and then at the end of the day the client would provide feeds so that you have to stay in late to work on them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the supportive team and work location.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Street?
conducive working environment, a good place to work. they have the interest of the employees at heart. i have grown in the company and i have also increased both my analytical knowledge and my attention to details
Horrible work hours, management and attitude to workers. Stressful for the sake it, work throughput would be a lot better if they maintained a happier workforce. Procedural documents only upside.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance, attitude to workers
Since starting at State Street I have learned a lot about the financial services sector. A typical day involves replying the client and internal queries. We also prep files on a monthly basis to prepare for quarterly filings to various financial authorities throughout Europe and the United States of America. On a day to day basis outside of the busy filing months, it can be quite mundane and methodical. There is also not much contact with people outside of the company except for occassional client calls or emails. The management are extremely nice and have made sure that I am making the most of my time with the company. I have learnt a huge amount from them about the sector, and it is knowledge that I believe will stand to me for the rest of my career. The most enjoyable part of my job is during the filing month when I can see all the work I have prepped over the previous few months come together. It is satisfying to finally see it all come together. However this time is also the hardest as it involves extremely long hours that can be quite challenging.
Pros
great location
Cons
Long hours during filing months
Hard working involves a lot of overtime daily. Good job to start out in as you can gain the basics to fund investments. Learn about how to run a fund what cause it being out of tolerance and how to fix the tolerance break.
Pros
learn the basics
Cons
the ongoing on the job training and the introduction of an academy was extremely beneficial to me skill set and performance
A typical day can range from 8-11 hours of action packed learning, decision making and prevention control. This is a challenging job which gives a great sense of achievement. I have learned that I am capable of far more than I would have given myself credit for. I have learned that the more expected of you the more you achieve. The toughest part of the job is only being as good as your last decision and working in an environment that is not team focused but more me/I focused. Most enjoyable part of the job is the amount of work you complete and the pace at which you work at. You have a great personal sense of achievement each day.
Pros
Salary and location
Cons
Long days, high intensity, turnover and burn out rate
It is a great place to work with plenty of opportunity to move up. Each day is busy yet enjoyable. I have gained great experience working with funds of all sizes and also gives me a different perspective of the finance industry as opposed to what i was used to before.
Generating:miscellaneous expenses, cost sheets, holding reports, performance reports, hedging reports, emailing reports to clients and termination of a fund. Brief experience on Net present value, applying stock splits, applying forward spots, applying expenses to funds and running trials for certain funds.
Productive workplace but a bit set in their ways of procedure, not willing to adapt and not much scope for advancement from what I had seen in my short time there.
There is a great feel of Global inclusion. Every team works together to meet deadlines. Co-workers are friendly.Hardwork and initiative is needed at all times to meet the needs of Clients.
Pros
Restaurant
Cons
Long Hours
State Street gave me a great start in the financial services world and once they understood that I was willing to work hard and wanted to learn more I was given more and more responsibilities with the teams I worked in.
Trabalhar com area diferent. Pessoas de varias idades e culturas