Stryker Employee Reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 1,506 reviews
Good employer
Reception (Current Employee) –  Cork10 December 2019
I worked as a temp in stryker very friendly staff helpful good canteen .worked reception
Easy to use systems .worked on switch. Booked meeting rooms. Issued I'd badges to clients
Very happy there
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Limerick27 November 2019
I enjoy working at Stryker . It’s helped me to learn and grow as a person but most importantly it’s helped me rare a family and pay our mortgage . It’s been a great employer to me
Challenging and Rewarding Workplace
Process Development Engineer, Advanced Operations (Current Employee) –  Cork5 November 2019
Stryker is a a great place to work. Hours can be long at some stages of a project. Good culture and camaraderie within the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the benefits of the products to the customers.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Limerick13 August 2019
Interesting place to work as an intern. Everyone is extremely helpful and willing to help you learn.Lots of opportunities for career advancement for permanent postitions. Management is good and understanding.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Days can be slow sometimes as an intern
Excellent place to work but communication can be poor
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Cork MFR14 June 2019
Here 2 years, work is easy once you get trained up. A sizeable amount of new hires so it's a bit all over the place so communication is lacking at times from higher up as its so busy. Some really good and friendly people working here.
I find discipline is not great here though, some people get a free ride and nothing is said to them. But it's only a small number.
Canteen is a mixed bag but overall good. Money is decent, evenings or 24/5 shift the best because of shift bonus. Overtime is good, double pay on Sundays but tax will kill you so no point doing too many hours.
Pros
Easy work, decent pay, good hours.
Cons
Lacking communication from higher up
Fast pace working environment
Co-Op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork28 March 2019
No two days are the same at Stryker. There is always something exciting happening. Management lead by example and are always helpful. It is a friendly working environment.
Ineffective Meetings and Poor Pay
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cork14 March 2019
Multiple meetings in a day with no effective outcome. Lack of accountability from departments. 99% paper based, which is worrying from a document retention and retrieval perspective. No retention policy. Low pay but good bonus and good appreciation awards. No matter how much you work, it’s all about who you know. As a result, people tend to stay within their comfort zones because they don’t see the benefit of going above and beyond. Praise and appreciation from hard work is often taken at management level even though all the work is done by the team. Awful at offering promotions but good opportunity to move horizontally. Lots of exposure, resulting in experience and work that is above the average salary offered by other companies.
Pros
Good bonus and rewards, opportunity for horizontal progression.
Cons
Poor work life balance, inefficient meetings, poor management training, poor professional progression, expensive canteen, paper based, extremely slow recruitment process.
Hard working staff for the most part. Useless people who do nothing too and nothing done about them... annoying.
Product Builder II (Former Employee) –  Model Farm Road, Cork22 January 2019
Decent place to work as the money goes. You start inside in MFR at about 24k....ish and after about 4ish years you go up to about 33/34k for a product builder.
Pros
Quite busy at the moment so plenty of OT.
Cons
The more you work the less you get, tax wise, and no way around it....same as most other plans I guess.
Working environment
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Raheen, County Limerick27 June 2018
I got in at 9am and just done orders. I learned if you are not sure what to do ask someone that is. The management was always helpful and fast when dealing with problems correctly. Hardest part was stock take as there was so much to count so high up. Moat enjoyable was talking to everyone.
very good place to work
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cork24 May 2018
very good place to work good wages great benefits great atmosphere in the factory good opportunity great employers with plenty of room to go further in your career
Dog eat dog
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork23 February 2018
Worked here for over 2years how I lasted that long Is beyond me , long hours , meetings about nothing & if something goes wrong on any level the product builder will always be blamed even if it’s a machine problem .. I quiver every time I pass that building very wasted years of my life !anything is better than working here.
Pros
Time out of there
Cons
Long hours, canteen is supposed to be subsidize but it’s expensive, no gym
Highly productive and Fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Limerick14 November 2017
Everyone at Stryker is constantly moving and doing something, no laying back. There strict on work discipline but are fun encouraging to do more employers if you do your job without any hassle.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Night shifts
Friendly enviroment
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cork13 October 2017
A good place to work. Staff across the plant are very friendly. Good opportunities to better yourself with the option to go to college fully funded. Good opportunities for overtime.
great place to work
Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cork3 October 2017
the staff were lovely and friendly. There was a great support system. The are very family orientated. The work was always full but manageable. Stress levels would rise when there was an audit.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Audits
Peers are nice. Long hours without appropriate return.
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ireland28 July 2017
Peers/engineers here are nice.

ROI poor: long hours without appropriate return.

Personnel management here could be better, with respect to development, advancement, mentoring and career planning.
Pros
Peers are nice.
Cons
long hours without appropriate return, personnel management here could be better
Good working environment
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  County Cork12 June 2017
Great company, good chance of being made permanent if you work hard. Supervisor always ready to listen and help you out. Production operator trainer will train you anything from 4-6 weeks helping you step by going through each stage 100%.
Pros
Free nights out, good environment and good company to work for
Cons
N/a
Great Exerience
contractor (Current Employee) –  Cork2 June 2017
Stryker is a great brand and a company always looking for interesting people, who would help improving and developing the product in exchange with generous benefits.
excellent company
PA to Quality Director Dept Admin (Former Employee) –  Cork24 March 2017
My experience was good but short due to divesture and redundancy. I was not there long enough to evaluate completely. I did enjoy my time there. My position was never fully embraced and job description was not fully formed. My talents were not fully utilised
Pros
I had reduced hours to 32 hrs per week as a personal Family life balance
Cons
no advancement
Great place to work, great employees that are ambitious and eager to get the job done
Process Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cork4 March 2017
Great support and teamwork in the engineering departments and good communication streams between R&D, Process Development and Manufacturing.
Product Builder
Product Builder (Neurovascular) (Former Employee) –  Cork2 June 2016
I had a 23 month contract with stryker and it was not long enough. I was very happy here. All staff and senior staff made you feel like part of the company I was sad to leave here!!!!!!
Pros
Great place to work well looked after
Cons
I dont have any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stryker. Our community is ready to answer.

Stryker Reviews by Location