Stryker
Stryker Employee Review

Peers are nice. Long hours without appropriate return.

28 July 2017
Peers/engineers here are nice. ROI poor: long hours without appropriate return. Personnel management here could be better, with respect to development, advancement, mentoring and career planning.
Pros
Peers are nice.
Cons
long hours without appropriate return, personnel management here could be better
14 March 2019
Same role
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) - Cork
Multiple meetings in a day with no effective outcome. Lack of accountability from departments. 99% paper based, which is worrying from a document retention and retrieval perspective. No retention policy. Low pay but good bonus and good appreciation awards. No matter how much you work, it’s all about who you know. As a result, people tend to stay within their comfort zones because they don’t see the benefit of going above and beyond. Praise and appreciation from hard work is often taken at management level even though all the work is done by the team. Awful at offering promotions but good opportunity to move horizontally. Lots of exposure, resulting in experience and work that is above the average salary offered by other companies.
Pros
Good bonus and rewards, opportunity for horizontal progression.
Cons
Poor work life balance, inefficient meetings, poor management training, poor professional progression, expensive canteen, paper based, extremely slow recruitment process.
20 August 2014
Same role
Complaint Quality Engineer (Current Employee) - Carraig Thuathail, C
Stryker offers an incredible work environment, career path and continuing education opportunities. It has been the best work environment I have ever worked in.
10 June 2020
HR Intern (Former Employee) - Cork
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Stryker. I was an intern but I was treated as part of the company. I was involved in many projects which gave me a sense of purpose and responsibility.