Stryker

Stryker Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 1,577 reviews
Great place to work, great employees that are ambitious and eager to get the job done
Process Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cork4 March 2017
Great support and teamwork in the engineering departments and good communication streams between R&D, Process Development and Manufacturing.
Product Builder
Product Builder (Neurovascular) (Former Employee) –  Cork2 June 2016
I had a 23 month contract with stryker and it was not long enough. I was very happy here. All staff and senior staff made you feel like part of the company I was sad to leave here!!!!!!
Pros
Great place to work well looked after
Cons
I dont have any
Fast Paced Workplace
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cork8 March 2016
Good place to work. Sometimes working as an Manufacturing Engineer can be very challenging trying to balance day-to-day tasks with project tasks.
Pros
Health Care Plan, Gym, Canteen
Cons
Work life balance can be challenging, Little or no mentoring
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Cork7 March 2016
I enjoy working In Stryker it is a great Company but I am just wanting to progress my career by looking at what I can give to another company with all the experience I have in the manufacturing department.
Senior Manager - Contract Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Cork, C29 January 2016
Stryker hires only the most talented individuals and a such is a great place to work. There are lots of opportunities for the right people.
Productive place with great people
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK8 December 2015
One of the best places I have worked with great people and good management, Always approachable and accommodating which makes the job better and drive you to strive more for the company.
Pros
good benifits and team events
Cons
unreliable contracts, short notice of termination
Good in general
Assistant II Administrative - Quality Dept (Former Employee) –  Cork7 October 2015
It was a big change in ethos from Boston Scientific. The Neuro Team never really became part of Stryker

My Admin position was never really a true position I could grow in.

Stryker did not have diverse Teams which did not allow for cross-functional/departmental learning
Pros
Benefits, canteen
Cons
Broken communication
Not great place to work
Production Expert (Current Employee) –  Cork, C24 June 2015
Hard work not payed enough comparing to constant commitment and expectations. Constant pressure, incidents of indirect forcing employees to work overtime.
Pros
Great work colleagues
Cons
Very bad management and work ethic
Tough but fair place to work
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Cork, C28 May 2015
A place where you know what is expected from you and you know what to expect from them. Working on a production line under pressure will either please you or not suit you. To me it was a challenge I enjoyed.
Pros
Good cafe and working conditions
Cons
Late shift pattens
Good learning experience
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK17 April 2015
My typical day at work consists of computer work e.g microsoft word,outlook,exel. Team task stock take, Answering phones. I learned team leading skills, Communication skills. My co-workers were friendly and had the time to show me new skills. I didnt find anything about the job as i enjoyed learning something new.
Pros
learned something new about the industry
Cons
i dont have any cons
Great team environment
Support Services (Current Employee) –  Cork19 March 2015
Great place to work, positive team environment, world class facility with many incentives to maintain a happy and motivated workforce.
Nice place to work
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Raheen, LK23 February 2015
Nice place to work, good pay and friendly staff. Worked nights and found them grand. Received good training while i was there also.
Excellent company to work for
HR Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrigtohill IDA Industrial Park, Cork17 December 2014
Enjoyed working in a diverse training role. Key area of responsbility was training design and delivery, including co-ordinating classroom training.

Built close relationships with Operations and Support Roles to understand and deliver training to meet company and individual training needs, and to understand the business.
productive and fun workplace
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Cork, C12 November 2014
Achieve daily and hourly targets.
flexible to work other stations as required.
clean room environment.
follow all procedures and guidelines.
great co workers and management.
Average At Best
Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Cork, C22 October 2014
Worked in clean room, manufacturing medical devices in a regulated, well documented environment
Productive, Beneifts and Good Work force
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Limerick9 October 2014
Daily targets to be reached
Good working environment
New skills learned on a weekly basis
Benefits were excellent
Workforce easy to get along with
Management were helpful and friendly
engaged staff and great management
Complaint Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carraig Thuathail, C20 August 2014
Stryker offers an incredible work environment, career path and continuing education opportunities. It has been the best work environment I have ever worked in.
Great Staff, Varied work, Technically challenging
Design Engineer within Research and Development (Current Employee) –  Cork, Ireland8 August 2013
At Stryker people are generally given a project and sent on your way. A lot of new hires who have little experience learn the hard way how to navigate the working world. There is a lot expected of staff but this is a good thing as well as the responsibility is empowering and provides its own challenges.

Typically a lot of the job revolves around finding a balance between getting technical engineering work done and filling in the necessary paperwork required for a medical devices company.

The management style seems a bit outdated with a lot of emphasis put on the power of criticism
The other staff are generally supportive to each other and a good technically strong team has been built up here over the years.

The most difficult part of the job is maintaining a work life balance.

The most enjoyable part is seeing your designs and creations in the hands of surgeons and being able to get immediate feedback from them about how your products will save lives.
Pros
Travel to the US, Scope to try out new innovative designs.
Cons
Long hours, overtime expected of the staff. Management style is outdated.
Productive Day
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Carrigtwohill Cork25 October 2012
A typical day a work would start at 7am to 7pm, working in a clean room and obeying all ules on health and safety before you go in, put on your steel toe boots and nets on hair and safety glasses then sanitise your hans and arms before starting.
I have learnt to be a team player and to work in your own initiative at the same time.
Pros
staff
Cons
leaving there after a 11 month contract.