Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

Ireland71 reviews
It is a nice place to work and you meet a lot of nice people. But the salary is poor and there is not much room for progression. I ahvew learned many skills in Subway and have brought a lot to the place also.
Very nice place to work , nice friends always willing to help .Great management. Higine very high.fresh products in Daily basis.salary Could be but higher.
I worked at subway for almost 5 years and it was the best job I have had to date, management and staff were all lovely. It was a busy restaurant but customers were always satisfied when leaving.
Mi principal desafio era la gestion de personal y el control de stock, asi como tambien la logistica de la materia prima.
Mucha libertad para trabajar y con posibilidades de crecimiento.

Por motivos personales tuve que volverme a mi pais y dejar el trabajo
very bad place to work. No consideration to staff needs or wants. Treated poorly and sexually harassed by both customers and staff!!!!!
Do Not ever work here you are giving your rights sway.

DONT EVEN GET A FREE SUB FOR MY BREAK!

WORST JOB EVER.
Nice staff good place to work very friendly I work in a busy shop so constantly busy means the job sometimes gets stressful pay is okay normal to any other place
First part of the day is making all the breads and getting all the food prep ready, during the day is just making sure to keep up to speed and keep a good level of food and bread on display, before close up the was a full clean up of every inch of the shop
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Money wasn't great.
I like working in Subway it's good job good experience good training good food hygiene standard salary free food and good staff plenty of hours and good work
Good
The front counter staff were the most hardworking people you will ever meet but the management were not as such. The pay did not reflect the work done.
Staff are treated horribly bigger bosses come in and nit pick at everything even when you’re scoring highly in evaluations no job security poor communication never ever paid for over time have the beg to get paid your holiday pay and pay was wrong nearly every week site managers don’t care unless your working in the shop even though the main footfall was because of subway, I’d stay clear of this company for a long and ill live
Working in subway is the perfect first job as it teaches you basic interaction skills whether it is with customers or other staff. You also learn to work in a busy and constantly active environment which implements a lot of team work and trust.
Too busy, short staff. Do not want to say anything else about this company because it would be only bad words so it is not any point to saying it online .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
15mins
Typical day in subway is preparing food and giving good service to the customers .Making, baking breads and cookies . We always make sure the counter looks perfect and the food is fresh.
In Subway I learned how to clean perfectly and to be very focus on what you are doing.The staff i work with is amazing , i like the way everybody is helping each other , laugh, and the same time as we work we also have so much fun .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
middle shifts
I only worked in Subway for about a month, for my transition year work experience. I worked Monday-Friday for four weeks during the month of October in 2016. I would get in at 7 am. A typical day included preparing the ingredients, baking the bread, washing up, refilling the soda machine, sweeping the floor, wiping the tables, taking the trash out, etc. I got my break at about 11 am, which was great because I got a free lunch. Then I would work until 2 pm and then I was finished. The hardest part was baking the bread, it was much harder than it looked and I never really got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part was definitely the free lunch.
Pros
Free lunches
Working in subway was very enjoyable but very difficult also, a lot of work is needed to be done throughout your working shift here but I got on very well here.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
great place to work, great experience. I learned about food preparation, hygiene, responsibility and customer care. there is a great management structure and opportunities for progression.
making sandwiches, dealing with customers,preparing meats and salads,learned how to make sandwiches and use tills,most enjoyable part was working tills,there was a language barrier so hard to communicate with staff,manager was very kind and encouraging
enjoyed dealing with customers and meeting new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
stressful work place, short lunches
I would start the day by being guided and told what needed to be done that day and how to get it done on time. Time management was important. I also learned how to input deliveries and sales into the system and I also learned how to do stock-taking effectively. I learned communication skills and how to make a sandwich. There was a set command of management and it was followed effectively. The atmosphere was a disciplined and respectful atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was being able to keep up with the long line of customers. And the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with a diverse local community and learning the many various aspects of the franchise
Pros
One free meal everyday, helpful staff and social interaction
Cons
Less sales during weekdays and more during the weekends. I learned the team work in the shop. The management cares for its employees and I was proud to be there. The workplace was quiet wonderful. The hardest part of the job was the long queues during friday or saturday nights and thereby that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great jobs, work 3 or 4 days per week, minimum wages, great management meaning good holiday and payment, Not really hard but depend on which subway, Good friends
Subway its a good company to work for but it all depends who you work with. salary, minimum wage, hours- flexible, you can get good costumer service experience
Pros
free lunch