Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

Ireland96 reviews

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,344 reviews

cool place to work at but the location and management wasnt too good

some days it can get very busy but there are some rare instances where its quiet. You learn a lot, for me a training course was provided by the manager and there was an in depth online course which was really helpful, you learn a lot about food preparation and safety and customer service. There is a lot interaction between you and the customer so if you are good with people that's a plus.Subway overall was an good place to work at but in my case, the location just wasnt good. place I worked at was understaffed and I always worked wayy too many days and so did my coworkers. This caused me to miss days of college and I didnt get a day off for many weeks to rest because it was either work or college. And this specific subway for some reason did't offer a free meal for staff like other subway locations and instead still charged us (not that it stopped me or anything). I also hated the fact that we were never paid for overtime and they never took into consideration for very busy days. Worst part was that we were not allowed to keep our tips, even though we dont get tipped a large amount, that still seems like a scummy move :/// instead the money went into paying for the food we ate which was supposed to be free in the first place.there are times where you have to deal with difficult customers but I think that goes with any job that has customers

Toxic management

Not a nice office environment - 60 hours a week expected and pay is poor. the brand is excellent but the management of the region are bullies ..Avoid Avoid

bad management

over worked, underpaid. Best thing about job is the co workers. Management a joke too.you don't get any free food or discount for your shift. No flexibility and just over all horrible place to work.

Pros

nothing

Cons

No free lunch

Horrible place to work

Repeatedly made us work over 6 but only paid us till 6.They consistently understaffed the store and we were repeatedly abused by customers because we weren't fast enough even tho it wasn't our fault that we were understaffed.

Interesting work place

You just don't feed people, you also get to know them through food.Mainly at lunch time, at their hungriest: you must satisfy them within a short transaction... And move to the next customer...

Depends whose running it

Our owners wouldn't put any workers on so it was one person manning the meat, salad and till station at once. Basic economics was the problem. The owners rarely can fix their own prices for the products, the prices all come from the top down, so when you're not selling enough or attracting customers and therefore not making money, the only way to stay profitable is to cut labour costs, making us essentially do the work of 3 people.

Pros

Free food...

Cons

Understaffed to cut down on costs

It was, overall, a bad experience with zero management.

The work starts in a fast-paced environment in which only two staff need to do everything and need to serve at the same time. It is a huge workload for a little payment.

Very horrible place to work

Staff are bullies, will have you over-worked and will guilt trip you every shift to cover for incompetent managers. Underpaid and overworked constantly.

Pros

Cons

Loads

Bad place to work bad hours

Bad salary ,bad management, bad hours,dont reccomend working hear staff are unhelpful and expected 1 day training and was ment to have learned everything from one training day.

Pros

Free lunch

Good for starting

It was a good student job, the manager is now one of my best friends, helping and teaching me all the time to be better.I learned a lot of things there. But when the take away started that was mad, they need more staff at lunch time, but the owner just doesn’t want to pay to another person.The head manager and the owner is a disaster.

Pros

Very flexible manager, great person

Cons

Too many take away platforms and at lunch time is mad and not enough staff

Fast paced

Hours and shifts are horrible work isint fun but the staff and management are all great nice people. Hours are awkward and once you have one shift your day is gone they take your entire day leaving you no free time to yourself as starting and finishing at awkward times

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Horrible random and long shifts

Workplace

Working more than 9 hours a day. In a really stressful environment. Not having a proper break and getting more task as usual. Don’t recommend this job.

Cons

Long hours no breaks

Slaveship

Great staff, for the ones they keep anyway. Very high staff turnover almost every MONTH, treated loyal, hardworking staff like slaves. Very little consideration or appreciation for your work. Only aproached when they have an issue with you. Managers hold grudges against you, and turn other staff against you creating huge stigma towards not just your work efforts but you as a person. Youre not even allowed take home any un-used food but will continue to complain about their bin charges. Good job, bad experience.

Pros

Staff are supportive and helpful.

Cons

Managment are rude and spiteful.

Stress and disrespect

I worked for subway as a field consultant, the SMT were bullies, vindictive, petty and very poorly got by almost all franchisees. Very little training

Pros

Car, but big benefit in kind in it

Cons

Hours were huge, workload was big, training minimum, management were nasty

Management was very poor. If you were ever being treated unfair by other staff members, nothing would ever be done about it. Management also preferring some staff to others, and not treating all staff equal at work. Rules only apply for some instead of a healthy work environment where everyone is treated equally and fairly. No communication at all between staff and management. Expected to know what to do or what's going on, all by yourself!

Pros

Trains you to work in busy environment

Cons

Poor management

Recomand to anyone .

Very nice place to work , nice friends always willing to help .Great management. Higine very high.fresh products in Daily basis.salary Could be but higher.

Subway

I worked at subway for almost 5 years and it was the best job I have had to date, management and staff were all lovely. It was a busy restaurant but customers were always satisfied when leaving.

Ambiente exigente

Mi principal desafio era la gestion de personal y el control de stock, asi como tambien la logistica de la materia prima. Mucha libertad para trabajar y con posibilidades de crecimiento. Por motivos personales tuve que volverme a mi pais y dejar el trabajo

Good place to work but no progression in regards salary or title

It is a nice place to work and you meet a lot of nice people. But the salary is poor and there is not much room for progression. I ahvew learned many skills in Subway and have brought a lot to the place also.

Very good experience

Very low payd , very good experience,nice team.Works to a high standard with an excellent level of attention to detail, either as part of a team or independently. Excellent time management and organisational skills.

Nice staff good place to work very friendly I work in a busy shop so constantly busy means the job sometimes gets stressful pay is okay normal to any other place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement