Subway

Sandwich Maker32 reviews
Ireland32 reviews

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 55,432 reviews

Great first job

Great team, minimum wage but for a first job it’s good. You bake cookies and bread, serve customers, do cleaning and prep in the back, restocking, and you clean at the end of the day. Standing on your feet all day is something to get used to though.

Pros

Food allowance, great team

Cons

Rude customers, standing on feet all day

Stressful but okay

As of recent it’s definitely become much more stressful due to management outside of the subway, but an upside to it is that the coworkers are great fun to be around, the highs are high but the lows are, very, very low

Pros

Fun loving employees and manager

Cons

No free lunches, Stressful

Fun and Progressive!

My managers were both lovely! Very understanding and fair people who were great for testing applicable skills and created a tough but rewarding environment for staff.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack of employees can lead to being called in on short notice, although this rarely occurs.

bad management

over worked, underpaid. Best thing about job is the co workers. Management a joke too.you don't get any free food or discount for your shift. No flexibility and just over all horrible place to work.

Pros

nothing

Cons

No free lunch

cool place to work at but the location and management wasnt too good

some days it can get very busy but there are some rare instances where its quiet. You learn a lot, for me a training course was provided by the manager and there was an in depth online course which was really helpful, you learn a lot about food preparation and safety and customer service. There is a lot interaction between you and the customer so if you are good with people that's a plus.Subway overall was an good place to work at but in my case, the location just wasnt good. place I worked at was understaffed and I always worked wayy too many days and so did my coworkers. This caused me to miss days of college and I didnt get a day off for many weeks to rest because it was either work or college. And this specific subway for some reason did't offer a free meal for staff like other subway locations and instead still charged us (not that it stopped me or anything). I also hated the fact that we were never paid for overtime and they never took into consideration for very busy days. Worst part was that we were not allowed to keep our tips, even though we dont get tipped a large amount, that still seems like a scummy move :/// instead the money went into paying for the food we ate which was supposed to be free in the first place.there are times where you have to deal with difficult customers but I think that goes with any job that has customers

Depends whose running it

Our owners wouldn't put any workers on so it was one person manning the meat, salad and till station at once. Basic economics was the problem. The owners rarely can fix their own prices for the products, the prices all come from the top down, so when you're not selling enough or attracting customers and therefore not making money, the only way to stay profitable is to cut labour costs, making us essentially do the work of 3 people.

Pros

Free food...

Cons

Understaffed to cut down on costs

It was, overall, a bad experience with zero management.

The work starts in a fast-paced environment in which only two staff need to do everything and need to serve at the same time. It is a huge workload for a little payment.

Bad place to work bad hours

Bad salary ,bad management, bad hours,dont reccomend working hear staff are unhelpful and expected 1 day training and was ment to have learned everything from one training day.

Pros

Free lunch

Fast paced

Hours and shifts are horrible work isint fun but the staff and management are all great nice people. Hours are awkward and once you have one shift your day is gone they take your entire day leaving you no free time to yourself as starting and finishing at awkward times

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Horrible random and long shifts

Recomand to anyone .

Very nice place to work , nice friends always willing to help .Great management. Higine very high.fresh products in Daily basis.salary Could be but higher.

Good place to work but no progression in regards salary or title

It is a nice place to work and you meet a lot of nice people. But the salary is poor and there is not much room for progression. I ahvew learned many skills in Subway and have brought a lot to the place also.

Nice staff good place to work very friendly I work in a busy shop so constantly busy means the job sometimes gets stressful pay is okay normal to any other place

Same thing each day, easy once you kept on top of things.

First part of the day is making all the breads and getting all the food prep ready, during the day is just making sure to keep up to speed and keep a good level of food and bread on display, before close up the was a full clean up of every inch of the shop

Pros

Good place to work.

Cons

Money wasn't great.

Fun Workplace

Typical day in subway is preparing food and giving good service to the customers .Making, baking breads and cookies . We always make sure the counter looks perfect and the food is fresh. In Subway I learned how to clean perfectly and to be very focus on what you are doing.The staff i work with is amazing , i like the way everybody is helping each other , laugh, and the same time as we work we also have so much fun .

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

middle shifts

Happy atmosphere

An average day of work consisted of preparing food, dealing with customers and making sandwiches of their request and also cleaning table after customers finish their meals.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Little hours

Productive, fun and comfortable workplace

I would start the day by being guided and told what needed to be done that day and how to get it done on time. Time management was important. I also learned how to input deliveries and sales into the system and I also learned how to do stock-taking effectively. I learned communication skills and how to make a sandwich. There was a set command of management and it was followed effectively. The atmosphere was a disciplined and respectful atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was being able to keep up with the long line of customers. And the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with a diverse local community and learning the many various aspects of the franchise

Pros

One free meal everyday, helpful staff and social interaction

Excellent

Less sales during weekdays and more during the weekends. I learned the team work in the shop. The management cares for its employees and I was proud to be there. The workplace was quiet wonderful. The hardest part of the job was the long queues during friday or saturday nights and thereby that was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Fun and friendly workplace

Was a good and friendly place to work. Was very entertaining to make the sandwiches and my boss was very kind. Best part was the free food, worst part was locking up.

Good experience with friends from all over countries

Great jobs, work 3 or 4 days per week, minimum wages, great management meaning good holiday and payment, Not really hard but depend on which subway, Good friends

fast paced hardworking environment

a typical day at work would be fast going and busy but with the right team it makes it so much easier as in flows well in customer satisfaction.i learned a lot there mostly on how to get jobs done fast and officiant. the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure customer satisfaction was guaranteed.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

sometimes short staffed

Not really looking forward for it

Job wasn't hard or anything, but for wages that are under minimum, they really shouldn't be asking people to work as slaves. They ask way too much from you

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Can't ever rest

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement