Subway

Subway

Subway Employee Review

bad management

over worked, underpaid. Best thing about job is the co workers. Management a joke too.you don't get any free food or discount for your shift. No flexibility and just over all horrible place to work.

Pros

nothing

Cons

No free lunch

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fun and Progressive!

My managers were both lovely! Very understanding and fair people who were great for testing applicable skills and created a tough but rewarding environment for staff.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack of employees can lead to being called in on short notice, although this rarely occurs.
Same role

cool place to work at but the location and management wasnt too good

some days it can get very busy but there are some rare instances where its quiet. You learn a lot, for me a training course was provided by the manager and there was an in depth online course which was really helpful, you learn a lot about food preparation and safety and customer service. There is a lot interaction between you and the customer so if you are good with people that's a plus.Subway overall was an good place to work at but in my case, the location just wasnt good. place I worked at was understaffed and I always worked wayy too many days and so did my coworkers. This caused me to miss days of college and I didnt get a day off for many weeks to rest because it was either work or college. And this specific subway for some reason did't offer a free meal for staff like other subway locations and instead still charged us (not that it stopped me or anything). I also hated the fact that we were never paid for overtime and they never took into consideration for very busy days. Worst part was that we were not allowed to keep our tips, even though we dont get tipped a large amount, that still seems like a scummy move :/// instead the money went into paying for the food we ate which was supposed to be free in the first place.there are times where you have to deal with difficult customers but I think that goes with any job that has customers
Same location

Nice working place.

Open store- prepare food, clean service area. Welcome clients and make them sandwitches, working on till. I have learnt customer service, my english is much better now. My co-workers where nice and friendly. The most enjoyable part in my work was positive and nice customers after doing my job.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Subway
  • bad management
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?