Sunbeam House Services

Sunbeam House Services Employee Reviews

A little slow-paced, highly supportive of clients Learnt to understand people with ID and to listen to their needs Management seemed ok and provided regular training for staff
Management team are very difficult to work with. No support, little input to your work. Very poor structure. Unsafe practices. The culture is one of protecting management with little real focus on the service users.
Staff nurse duties involving the day to day care of those clients in my care ranging from mild to moderate and severe to profound intellectual disabilities usually exhibiting challenging behaviour
Pros
Flexible working hours, teamwork
Cons
Too far to travel as I married, moved to another county
A typical day for me would start by having breakfast with staff before dividing clients between us and taking them out in small groups. This could be for a walk, to the gym, for a drive, to the shop, for coffee etc. Coming back to base for lunch. I learned that the company policy takes precedence over individuals. Micro-management. The culture seemed to be very tense, highly diligent and very professional. The hardest part of the job was my coworkers who had a monopoly on resources and were unfriendly and very low in morale. Most enjoyable part of the job was being with such nice people every day and to see their faces light up when I entered the room.
Pros
Wicklow is a beautiful place to work
Cons
Staff and Culture
I have been working for Sunbeam house services for 27 years. I have really enjoyed my years there I am hoping to move to Tasmania to live near my son and his wife
Pros
35 hour contract at present 30 days annually leave
Cons
Far to much paper work
On the whole, not a bad place to work. However, there is little to no chance of advancement and there is a very high expectation of the amount of work you must do versus what time or resources you have to do it.
Sunbeam House Services took me on knowing that i was fresh out of college and had little to none experience with HR Administration. They gave me a chance to gain the experience and all through my time they were supportive and always there to help me , teach me new things and i didnt feel under pressure to know everything straight away. The people in the organisation themselves were so friendly and welcoming and i really settled in well.
Good place to work, I have good relationships with both staff and service users. I work as an Instructor in the training Services, no two days are the same. I offer various FETAC level 2 & 3 courses in Health & Fitness. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of seeing the service users achieve their targets with my help and input. I feel I am a valued membe of staff and i get on well with the majority of staff.
Pros
Cons
Salary