Superdrug Employee Reviews

Great company & store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow24 March 2018
Amazing training with Superdrug and excellent retail experience as excellent customer service is pushed. Hard work is always noticed by head office and management. Easy socialising hours and great staff discount. Amazing staff, management and store!
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Short shifts
Disgraceful
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal6 March 2018
The Letterkenny store has amazing potential it is just a pity the manager is horrible. No respect for staff or customers causing damage to the store as no customers will return and staff are bullied out of jobs, a serious change of management is needed as quickly as possible.
Avoid Letterkenny Branch At All Costs
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal6 March 2018
Never work in this particular branch, there is a massive staff turnover, sales advisers rarely stay more than three months due to the bad management. Some advisers has only lasted less than a week. The workers who last longer are treated like dirt. such a bullying and stressful environment due to management. You will be expected to stay in hours past your shift and will never receive a penny for those hours. But you will be told that you will be paid for those extra hours and never will. Stuck in the front of the shop with tasks that can't be done because you can't go anywhere and that will be your fault that things didnt get done. Be expected to be treated like a dog. Never, ever consider working here.
Pros
Own Brand Discount and More Than Minimum Wage
Cons
Monthly Pay, Bad Management, Huge Staff turnover, Not Paid Overtime, Bullying Enviroment, Stressful for what its worth
Avoid avoid avoid
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Wicklow31 January 2018
This company want you to give your all for great customer service and your repaid with unbelievably poor hours, every single weekend in work and unrealistic weekly targets. I’m employed as a team leader and have no actual responsibilities this is of no help to me to gain any experience to advance in any company. No communication between management and any other staff members yet higher management expect you to know what’s going on.
Pros
Good discount card
Cons
No hours
Poor management poor pay
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Wexford23 July 2017
They expect you to give more than 150percent without any work life balance or decent pay.I was employed as a team leader for 2.5 years and worked every thurs-sun for more than 20 weeks in succession,should you take a weeks holidays your days off were Saturday to Saturday meaning that you never had a full weekend off.Also had issues receiving my correct holiday pay from then and p45 when I left.
High staff turnover meaning that not enough key holders could be trained in orkept.8-16 hour contracts are the norm,barely take home more than jobseekers at end of week.Wages were not paid due to it issue on more than 9 occasions over my time there.Badly run by area manager and bullying issues were not addressed nor acknowledged,take my advice do not apply here!
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Low pay, low hours, bad management
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal7 March 2017
Awful place to work! Horrible manager no respect for staff or customers! Embarresses staff infront of customers for no reason! Lost several member off staff in the space off a few months! Beyond me how manager is still there! A pity as it is such a wonderful company with great opportunities but unfortunite for manager i would not advise anyone to work there for the sake of there sanity!! Horrible horrible horrible!!!!!
Pros
Great oppertuntie with company, lovely staff
Cons
Nasty maneger
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal16 January 2017
Great company to work for but the only downfall is the management in the Letterkenny store. Poor people skills and constantly rude to staff and customers! Impossible to work for and cannot hold on to staff. In one year alone over 10 employees have walked out due to management.
4th year work experience
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 June 2016
this job was my 4th year work experience I was given the following duties:
stock control
housekeeping
customer service
I was ut on the simple days tasks as it was only a job for two weeks and was not trained for working on the till.i helped customers with their questions and i filled the shelves with stock and kept the shop tidy
the co-workers were very frendly and i got along well with them for the short period i was there and they helped me with any questions i had on how to do a particular job
the management was very kind to et me do my work experience in this shop and was very helpful when i was stuck with something
this job showed me what life after school would be like
the hardest park of the job was having to show people where abouts items wore since i was only there for 2 weeks
the most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing work for the first time i enjoyed the whole experience and i am grateful i did it
staff are great n friendly
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  dublin11 April 2016
staff are great and friendly always helpful
everyday we done the same thing there was never a change
but I loved what I had to do because I was always helping our lovely customers
Pros
discount card and working with makeup
Cons
mangment are bullies
Was a fun and easy job
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 March 2016
The management was kept very well all staff members were really nice, I learned how to use a tag price gun an gained some communication experience. The hardest I thought was taking everything off the trolleys of stock that had just been delivered. The enjoyable part was out on the floor stacking selves and talking to customers.
Cons
the hours were perfect

Want to know more about Superdrug?

Ask a question
Busy and productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 February 2014
typical day involves active selling to meet sales targets on core products such as home brand, with special attention and additional selling on cosmetics and fragrance. Other duties include replenishment of stock and cashier transactions.
Management are easy to approach,
Most enjoyable part of the job would be recieving compliments form returning customers who value your service