Superdrug

Superdrug Employee Reviews

The staff you work with on a day to day basis will become your friends but simply put the company is chaotic. They seem to be customer oriented but are really just about the money you can make them and their rules that they don't have a set standard with.
Pros
staff discount, good people, good hours
Cons
unrealistic targets
I love working in superdrug, all the staff are so nice and friendly and very helpful. I think the salary is very good and competitive for the job title. The clientele are so nice too. Overall i am very happy to be working as part of the superdrug team.
Best place to work it's so fun and I was so accepted everyone is so nice and really helpful and the customers are great everyone is really nice I don't plane on leaving
Unrealistic targets. Terrible treatment from the UK regional manager and also the Irish area manager. Too much concentration on paperwork. Hated it. Glad to leave.
Expect to work for free as Manager contract 39 hours work up to 55 hours weekly no overtime or lieu time back crazy behaviour form area manager wont let you speak or have opinion and the other so called area manager but store manager watching cameras and just telling your wrong No hr policy’s followed bullying behaviour from area manager just rudeness from both of them.
Number of staff received no contact until 4 months in, with constant requests to store, area and regional management. Payslips constantly wrong docking sometimes over a week of pay. When I brought it to there attention, there was no urgency and I ended up having to wait until following months payday to get what was owed, only for that pay to be wrong, going through the same process again (They didn't care if you had bills to pay). I was constantly bullied by another member of staff, I brought it to the attention of manager, nothing was done to sed employee and I was asked to move to another store, which I had to accept to get away from the bullying as they were doing nothing. No new contract given and I find out a month into the new store they had lowered my rate of pay without any discussion with me. Contacted new manager to get contact details of higher management only to have her ring and abuse me down the phone. I never returned due to what was said to me by my manager on this phone call. I had to wait over 2 months from leaving to receive monies owed even though revenue had contacted them on several occasions requesting I be paid, and pretty sure I only received it due to the fact that I filed a complaint with Work Place Relations.
Recently a team leader had to leave as the job wasnt worth the 12.45. Alot of favouritism between manager and another team leader. You were shown how to do something once and then expected to do it yourself e.g opening store, safe checks (shown by the other team leader once not the manager) when you done something wrong or took too long to do something you practically got shouted at, you get spoken to so horrible infront of customers. Some of the staff where lovely but back when i first started last year the sales advisors all changed, nobody lasts longer than 6 months, dont know how the manager has gotten away with so much, never get paid for overtime whatsoever, never get out on your proper finishing time and you only get paid to the time that is on the rota even if you are 30 mins over that, overall it was my worst job and my mental health has been so much better since i left!!!
Pros
Discount, 12.45 an hour
Cons
Monthly pay, horrible manager, alot of favouritism, treated like a dog if there longer than 3/6 months, not shown how to fully do tasks just expected to do it right the first time
The Drogheda store had great potential with the original team of staff but the manager caused all of that amazing team to leave. She is rude, unorganised, unprofessioanl, has very bad english language skills, incapable of making a weekly rota and has no management skills whatsoever! The staff would have to apologise to customers on a daily basis because of the managers rude behaviour. Many complaints have been made about by the publicand by staff all of which has been ignored. She talks about staffs personal business to other staff and also has nicknames for staff members that she dislikes. She bullies staff until they leave and then continues to bully them through social media. Its an utter disgrace that this woman has been allowed to continue to work here and has not been disciplined for her horrible actions
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention, Id be typing all day
Horrible company to work for. Doesn’t care about their staff. Managers are bullies. Team leaders do little or no work. No job security at all. No one stays in this company very long because of poor treatment and bullying.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Girls i worked with where great. No job security no one stayed longer than 2 months. Management overworked by hire ups to the point of tears several times the trickle down effect was a stressful and awful experience to witness
Pros
Discount
Cons
So many
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Superdrug?
Very poor management at the time and manager has since left but I had only worked there for 3 months before I left I couldnt stand the little hours and the unrealistic expectations to make till sales...also no job satisfaction.
Pros
central location
Cons
bad hours and unrealistic targets to make at the till
A typical day at work would be at the tills, dealing with cosmetics, and helping customers, while trying to up sell products. There is long hours involved.
Superdrug as a whole is a lovely place to work,in particular superdrug tallaght.since I have started I have been welcomed with open arms everyone is so caring and lovely. Management put their heart and sole into their jobs and into the staff to ensure their happiness anything they can do for you they will do for you in particular the store manager and two assistant managers at the moment ,it is lovely working for such kind members of management .The atmosphere is bubbly and loving. I could not recommend working for this store more,despite previous false exadurated reviews given. I would encourage anyone not to take heed of negative reviews and go in and get a feel for the athmosphere in the store themselves. The hours are flexible and management are so considerate toward staff and the hours work they are very supportive of college and encourage every employee to pursue this and will cater to this as much as they can. Over all superdrug is such a nice and caring company to work for.
Worked here 2 years and at first it was alright but then people show their true colours. Team leaders do what ever they want - which is no work at all and leave other colleagues to do all the work! And get away with it all the time. forced to achieve targets in a non enticing positive way only with no benefits for yourself only to make management look good with no appraisal for the work you do, Unfortunately putting up having to work with bullies who aren’t even disciplined for the stress they put people through, as far as having them quit cause they refuse to work with them. let go if you do something against the books but apparently different rules for different folk since mangers and team leaders get away with some much against the book things they do. HIGH employment turnover and yet the issues that have them leave in the first place aren’t resolved. college is a joke to them they don’t care that it comes first and assume the job which can easily be replaced does Personal life never taken into consideration and act like the job is 110% life and all that matters. pay never done right and will send you having to ring payroll back and forth just to get it done cause some management are lazy, communication is a myth in that place , there lacks clarity in knowing what to do and if something is done wrong the blame is put on you even after you’ve had to nag people on trying to get a task to do. work conditions are terrible , having a bad back and cuts is normal since your not thought practical health and safety training. some managers sent to your store are - more...
Pros
discount card
Cons
Leaving at 3 am, comeing home with dirty knees from dirty floors and bad back
Worked here for over a year. Within 6 months got promoted. Loved the job and staff. Only left due to health reasons. Hours are minimum to normal hours so very easy to have a life around it. Extra hours are given if available and show initiative. Is monthly pay so need to be good at managing money though! Gives great benefits eg staff discount card and staff nights out (always fun) and get to see the brill discounts coming up for treat thursdays (stocked up on alot with them) 😅😊 Like all managerial jobs you need to show initiative and the love to work in any type of environment. I would love to go back to work there.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Monthly pay 😅
Amazing training with Superdrug and excellent retail experience as excellent customer service is pushed. Hard work is always noticed by head office and management. Easy socialising hours and great staff discount. Amazing staff, management and store!
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Short shifts
The Letterkenny store has amazing potential it is just a pity the manager is horrible. No respect for staff or customers causing damage to the store as no customers will return and staff are bullied out of jobs, a serious change of management is needed as quickly as possible.
Never work in this particular branch, there is a massive staff turnover, sales advisers rarely stay more than three months due to the bad management. Some advisers has only lasted less than a week. The workers who last longer are treated like dirt. such a bullying and stressful environment due to management. You will be expected to stay in hours past your shift and will never receive a penny for those hours. But you will be told that you will be paid for those extra hours and never will. Stuck in the front of the shop with tasks that can't be done because you can't go anywhere and that will be your fault that things didnt get done. Be expected to be treated like a dog. Never, ever consider working here.
Pros
Own Brand Discount and More Than Minimum Wage
Cons
Monthly Pay, Bad Management, Huge Staff turnover, Not Paid Overtime, Bullying Enviroment, Stressful for what its worth
They expect you to give more than 150percent without any work life balance or decent pay.I was employed as a team leader for 2.5 years and worked every thurs-sun for more than 20 weeks in succession,should you take a weeks holidays your days off were Saturday to Saturday meaning that you never had a full weekend off.Also had issues receiving my correct holiday pay from then and p45 when I left. High staff turnover meaning that not enough key holders could be trained in orkept.8-16 hour contracts are the norm,barely take home more than jobseekers at end of week.Wages were not paid due to it issue on more than 9 occasions over my time there.Badly run by area manager and bullying issues were not addressed nor acknowledged,take my advice do not apply here!
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Low pay, low hours, bad management
Awful place to work! Horrible manager no respect for staff or customers! Embarresses staff infront of customers for no reason! Lost several member off staff in the space off a few months! Beyond me how manager is still there! A pity as it is such a wonderful company with great opportunities but unfortunite for manager i would not advise anyone to work there for the sake of there sanity!! Horrible horrible horrible!!!!!
Pros
Great oppertuntie with company, lovely staff
Cons
Nasty maneger
Great company to work for but the only downfall is the management in the Letterkenny store. Poor people skills and constantly rude to staff and customers! Impossible to work for and cannot hold on to staff. In one year alone over 10 employees have walked out due to management.
  1. Employee reviews