Superdrug Employee Reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 1,392 reviews
Girls i worked with great. No job security management unfair
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal8 April 2019
Girls i worked with where great. No job security no one stayed longer than 2 months. Management overworked by hire ups to the point of tears several times the trickle down effect was a stressful and awful experience to witness
Pros
Discount
Cons
So many
Would never go back
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Limerick3 March 2019
Very poor management at the time and manager has since left but I had only worked there for 3 months before I left I couldnt stand the little hours and the unrealistic expectations to make till sales...also no job satisfaction.
Pros
central location
Cons
bad hours and unrealistic targets to make at the till
Hard job
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wexford18 February 2019
A typical day at work would be at the tills, dealing with cosmetics, and helping customers, while trying to up sell products.

There is long hours involved.
Lovely athmosphere,kind people and lovely management.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tallaght7 December 2018
Superdrug as a whole is a lovely place to work,in particular superdrug tallaght.since I have started I have been welcomed with open arms everyone is so caring and lovely. Management put their heart and sole into their jobs and into the staff to ensure their happiness anything they can do for you they will do for you in particular the store manager and two assistant managers at the moment ,it is lovely working for such kind members of management .The atmosphere is bubbly and loving. I could not recommend working for this store more,despite previous false exadurated reviews given. I would encourage anyone not to take heed of negative reviews and go in and get a feel for the athmosphere in the store themselves.
The hours are flexible and management are so considerate toward staff and the hours work they are very supportive of college and encourage every employee to pursue this and will cater to this as much as they can.
Over all superdrug is such a nice and caring company to work for.
Headache of a job!!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 November 2018
Worked here 2 years and at first it was alright but then people show their true colours.
Team leaders do what ever they want - which is no work at all and leave other colleagues to do all the work! And get away with it all the time.
forced to achieve targets in a non enticing positive way only with no benefits for yourself only to make management look good with no appraisal for the work you do,
Unfortunately putting up having to work with bullies who aren’t even disciplined for the stress they put people through, as far as having them quit cause they refuse to work with them.

let go if you do something against the books but apparently different rules for different folk since mangers and team leaders get away with some much against the book things they do.
HIGH employment turnover and yet the issues that have them leave in the first place aren’t resolved.
college is a joke to them they don’t care that it comes first and assume the job which can easily be replaced does
Personal life never taken into consideration and act like the job is 110% life and all that matters.

pay never done right and will send you having to ring payroll back and forth just to get it done cause some management are lazy,
communication is a myth in that place , there lacks clarity in knowing what to do and if something is done wrong the blame is put on you even after you’ve had to nag people on trying to get a task to do.

work conditions are terrible , having a bad back and cuts is normal since your not thought practical health and safety training.
some managers sent to your store are
  more... jokes and acc bullies that love to make you feel small and then winge About the company ,okay ?!?!.

When you ask for a day off for an exam, or personal issue or trip they make such a fuss and expect favors.
Requesting a holiday is like world war 3 especially when they tell you it’s 1st come first serve but yet your dates are swiped from your by managers and team leaders who will be sitting at home during the week doing nothing, and holiday pay is an even bigger head wreaker as it’s never put in right and your left short having to put up with them not doing anything for you but let you live off of nothing for the month!.

But in the end once you leave it’s the best feeling ever! Wouldn’t wish this job on my worst enemy.
Pros
discount card
Cons
Leaving at 3 am, comeing home with dirty knees from dirty floors and bad back
Great company & store
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arklow, County Wicklow24 March 2018
Amazing training with Superdrug and excellent retail experience as excellent customer service is pushed. Hard work is always noticed by head office and management. Easy socialising hours and great staff discount. Amazing staff, management and store!
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Short shifts
Disgraceful
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal6 March 2018
The Letterkenny store has amazing potential it is just a pity the manager is horrible. No respect for staff or customers causing damage to the store as no customers will return and staff are bullied out of jobs, a serious change of management is needed as quickly as possible.
Avoid Letterkenny Branch At All Costs
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal6 March 2018
Never work in this particular branch, there is a massive staff turnover, sales advisers rarely stay more than three months due to the bad management. Some advisers has only lasted less than a week. The workers who last longer are treated like dirt. such a bullying and stressful environment due to management. You will be expected to stay in hours past your shift and will never receive a penny for those hours. But you will be told that you will be paid for those extra hours and never will. Stuck in the front of the shop with tasks that can't be done because you can't go anywhere and that will be your fault that things didnt get done. Be expected to be treated like a dog. Never, ever consider working here.
Pros
Own Brand Discount and More Than Minimum Wage
Cons
Monthly Pay, Bad Management, Huge Staff turnover, Not Paid Overtime, Bullying Enviroment, Stressful for what its worth
Poor management poor pay
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Wexford23 July 2017
They expect you to give more than 150percent without any work life balance or decent pay.I was employed as a team leader for 2.5 years and worked every thurs-sun for more than 20 weeks in succession,should you take a weeks holidays your days off were Saturday to Saturday meaning that you never had a full weekend off.Also had issues receiving my correct holiday pay from then and p45 when I left.
High staff turnover meaning that not enough key holders could be trained in orkept.8-16 hour contracts are the norm,barely take home more than jobseekers at end of week.Wages were not paid due to it issue on more than 9 occasions over my time there.Badly run by area manager and bullying issues were not addressed nor acknowledged,take my advice do not apply here!
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Low pay, low hours, bad management
Horrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal7 March 2017
Awful place to work! Horrible manager no respect for staff or customers! Embarresses staff infront of customers for no reason! Lost several member off staff in the space off a few months! Beyond me how manager is still there! A pity as it is such a wonderful company with great opportunities but unfortunite for manager i would not advise anyone to work there for the sake of there sanity!! Horrible horrible horrible!!!!!
Pros
Great oppertuntie with company, lovely staff
Cons
Nasty maneger
Poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal16 January 2017
Great company to work for but the only downfall is the management in the Letterkenny store. Poor people skills and constantly rude to staff and customers! Impossible to work for and cannot hold on to staff. In one year alone over 10 employees have walked out due to management.
4th year work experience
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 June 2016
this job was my 4th year work experience I was given the following duties:
stock control
housekeeping
customer service
I was ut on the simple days tasks as it was only a job for two weeks and was not trained for working on the till.i helped customers with their questions and i filled the shelves with stock and kept the shop tidy
the co-workers were very frendly and i got along well with them for the short period i was there and they helped me with any questions i had on how to do a particular job
the management was very kind to et me do my work experience in this shop and was very helpful when i was stuck with something
this job showed me what life after school would be like
the hardest park of the job was having to show people where abouts items wore since i was only there for 2 weeks
the most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing work for the first time i enjoyed the whole experience and i am grateful i did it
staff are great n friendly
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  dublin11 April 2016
staff are great and friendly always helpful
everyday we done the same thing there was never a change
but I loved what I had to do because I was always helping our lovely customers
Pros
discount card and working with makeup
Cons
mangment are bullies
Was a fun and easy job
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 March 2016
The management was kept very well all staff members were really nice, I learned how to use a tag price gun an gained some communication experience. The hardest I thought was taking everything off the trolleys of stock that had just been delivered. The enjoyable part was out on the floor stacking selves and talking to customers.
Cons
the hours were perfect
What I learned
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D4 September 2015
I learned how to deal with customers, To be friendly and always have a smile on my face this way it improved my communication skills and my felxibility.
Pros
People were nice
Cons
I only got a 15 minute break
Busy and productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 February 2014
typical day involves active selling to meet sales targets on core products such as home brand, with special attention and additional selling on cosmetics and fragrance. Other duties include replenishment of stock and cashier transactions.
Management are easy to approach,
Most enjoyable part of the job would be recieving compliments form returning customers who value your service