SUPERDRY

SUPERDRY Management reviews

Ireland9 reviews

Clear

Started off being the best workplace I’d ever been in, management made it turn sour

I made some of the best lifelong friends here, learned so much from brilliant managers. Life experience that I will forever carry with me. However, management changed over (zero managers for approx 2 months) and everything went to the dogs immediately. Bullying, sly comments, I was discouraged from going for a promotion (that I had previously been in the process of getting trained for before covid hit) and it ended up being a blessing in disguise because I can’t imagine anything worse than working along side/ under the current managers.

Good first job wouldn’t stay for too long

Stressful, managers don’t know their jobs at time. No push from the mangers to help drive sales. Sly comments from managers to staff about their work participation. Constant change in everything that is done within the shop: nothing stays the same for any period of time.Threats given to staff from management about losing their jobs for being 2/3 minutes late. Over worked and underpaid for what is done. Staff are expected to know everything that isn’t in their job description. Managers are not trained properly and don’t know their jobs.

Good to work for

Good place to work for management are nice and are accommodating to days off and availability and are usually quite understanding I enjoyed my time working here thoroughly

Pros

50% off staff discount

Cons

Not busy just standing there most of the time

Bitter sweet

I really enjoyed working here for awhile and then I found the work place to get a little bit toxic , I feel like the employees who really work hard do not get praised enough and are treated harder than those who do not work that hard , for example I feel like I would break my back all day while the favourites/ managers stood around and chatted or were in their phones and if I stopped for one minute or didn’t do something up to standard once I was made feel as if I wasn’t working hard enough, I got really ill at one stage and I felt like I couldn’t call in sick because I would be made feel guilty for it and I also feel like there is no room to progress only if a staff member leaves and they are desperate for management. I learned a lot of skills and had great times but I also had a lot of tough times and felt disrespected a lot

Pros

Make friends

Cons

Lots of hours, hard to get time off, cliquey

Friendly staff, bad managment

Fun place to work but managers never communicated well with employees, nothing organised. Staff were extremely friendly and discount is nice. Extremely unhygienic staff room, food left in fridges for months and no one cared, nothing was washed properly... tons of plastic getting thrown out every day, not an eco friendly environment although they claim to be.. Unless you are dedicating your life to working in Superdry I would not recommend..

Pros

Discount

Cons

Poor managment, lack of communication

Fun great staff

Great friendly staff who made the day enjoyable. However the work was not made enagaging through incentives etc and thus could find yourself uninspired.

Pros

50% Staff discount, staff friendliness

Cons

Bad management structure, confusion with managers, uninspiring work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPERDRY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement