Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews

Featured review
Supermacs selected this as a representative review
Supermac's was a fun place to work and I made friends for life there. I learned lots of skills working here, such as team work, cash handling, customer service, working under pressure, time management, HACCP, and Manual Handling. It also made me much more aware of how businesses work. They provided full training and are flexible when it comes to working hours, although sometimes rotas were put up at the last minute.

They also have a career development programme for employees that want to pursue a career in management. They offer subsidised food, which is a bonus. The management were strict but fair and were able to have a laugh every now and then. My manager organised a birthday cake for me, which was really nice.

The only reason I left was to pursue a job in the area I obtained my degree in. Overall, I would definitely recommend Supermac's as a great place to work.
Pros
Subsidised meals, great team working environment, opportunity to advance career
Cons
Sometimes the rotas were put up last minute, can be very busy at times
Fun workplace
Fun workplace and a fast-paced environment. I've learned good customer service skill. Management is supportive and easy to get along with. Most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team and getting to work face to face with customers.
stressful work environment
It is very hard to work at Supermac's. As the work culture is very stressful .
Its very hard to manage work flow in stressful environment.

It is very hard to work at Supermac's. As the work culture is very stressful .

To manage collection, delivery orders, and shop orders is very difficult.
stressful
Can be long unsocialable hours, stressful environment, there is really else nothing else to say about this position. I worked here and I am no do now..
you can get better money anywhere else
Its not really a good place to work!
Your underpaid, over worked, and expected to do way to much then what you get paid for.

Hard workers are under apreciated and never validated for their work.
Good days
We got really busy and they all worked good as a team
Bfjdidndhdudhdbdudhdhdhdudhchchdhdhdhdh hxduushdhdhdususudududusudududududududududududududud
Great friendly place to work
Great atmosphere and the people are friendly. There's training on the job and the hours have some flexibility. If you're willing to work hard and have the right attitude you'll get on well in the job.
Stressfull managers
Theres no training
rude managers

workplace culture is really hard, heavy ambient, unfriendly managers, unhappy employes, i do not recommend it. has to be improved
Understaffed and under paid
There is always a shortage of staff which means that you have to do other peoples jobs while trying to do your own job That wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't a busy store And all u get is minimum wage for your efforts
Hard and Fast paced
While working in supermacs provides you with the opportunity to make a decent wage and allows you to progress, it does not come without high stress levels and constant hard work. it require you to work hard all the time in order to deal with how busy it can be
Fast paced, pressured environment
Supermacs is a very fast paced working environment. Having experienced working in a few different Supermacs locations, although some were very pleasant and motivating, the majority of the management staff I witnessed were mostly extremely rude and intimidating to certain staff there and made it a very difficult place to work for them. Praise was rarely given and when mistakes were made staff were belittled. There is not an efficient work system in place for busy periods and staff were often left confused and overwhelmed so much so that mistakes occurred. However, it can be an enjoyable place to work if you enjoy fast past paced environments, I also made many friends throughout my employment there and gained many new skills and qualities.
An absolute joke of a job. No training and a pathetic excuse for managment
I only got a job cayuse they needed an employee, I lasted three days.

I typical day at work is to be expected to multitask everything on your second day and be blamed for customer complaints even though you were only giving the tray out to them. There I absolutely no training and its the perfect job for you if you want to be bullied, pushed around and treated like a piece of meat.

I was about to get let go on my second day after many mistakes were made by the whole of the business on a Saturday afternoon. Costumers were rightfully annoyed on the wait of their food. The day was hectic. after receiving no training and cleaning up everyones mess I was told I needed to "Step up". I went in the next day which was worse. I had a set of question to improve my work completely ignored by the manager (who ignored me the whole day). I still had no practical training and the assistant manager came in and spoke to me like garbage and I was given no break when I was promised I would. They gave me many jobs to do at once (deliberately making it hard) and told me I did "nothing" and eventually I left the job and went home. When clearly, I knew I didn't do nothing, they knew I didn't do nothing and the manager didn't even have the guts to let me go or talk to me.

I learned that the food industry isn't for me and not to return to a job that I couldn't trust. The workplace culture was stressful. They made it hard on themselves as much as they did on the customers. The hardest past of my job was basically everything and the most enjoyable part was...… the break really.

Pros

You
 - more...
Pros
Free lunches.
I would recommend supermacs to everyone as it is a fun fast pace workplace , the staff and managers are really nice and there is a positive atmosphere
I would recommend supermacs to anyone looking for a full/part time job , it's a fast pace, fun place to work , the wage is competitive and the staff and managers are really nice. There is a posotive atmosphere amongst everyone , there is also career opportunities.
Very good menagment, very peaceful staff, a bit hard work because is very busy place. Kitchen should be upgrade up to time which we have now otherwise it's good place to work.
Bad
I was treated horribly and given ridiculous hours because they didn't know how to keep/hire the right staff. The manager ended up hiring a lot of 16 year olds who cannot legally work after a certain time of night which put immense pressure on me and other staff to work the worst shifts consistently. Managers didn't care about staffit.
Flexible for students, dirty work
Managers are a mix, some are creepy, some are lazy and some are hard to deal with, do not up skill unless you want to work more for the same price, ask for days up before the rota goes up or else there is no chance of you getting off.
Joke
Useless organisation does not care about its staff or its customers Hr department is a joke who talk down to you and try force you to sign contracts and policys that you don't understand and aren't aloud to to let others look at your contract biggest shower of pricks going
Workplace bullying from management
Micro management is the norm. Managers can be bullies (maybe not all managers, but mine absolutely was).

They'll try to get as much as possible out of you for as little as possible, so don't expect to be treated well or to get lots of perks or benefits.

Things change at the drop of a hat, so you could be working on something for a week and then it will suddenly be completely changed or cancelled or something will happen and if you don't have whatever the replacement is good to go in a flash then somehow you're the problem.
Bad
Bad work/life balance
Higher up management are a joke

No ways to advance in the company

They always expect more from you , your best isn’t good enough
great place to start if you have had no experience in retail
a typical day would involve cooking and cleaning, i learned how to deal with customers and working tills as it was my first job where i learned to use them, the hardest part of the job was the rush of people that would come in and cleaning up after. i really enjoyed the people working there.
Tullamore
Bad franchise owner in Tullamore, promise a permanent contract then laid me off before 6month period, despite claiming l was the best worker .Any way bad experience sadly