Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there for the first six months but got very repetitive with not much to learn about the food industry. Would be ideal for early school leavers or college students.
Pros
They will work your hours around college schedule, but don't know if each branch would facilitate them needs. Friendly environment
Cons
Jobs should be shared equal and rotated on a fairly basis
I worked at supermacs manor stone for the best part of three years. It was demanding work. The management was terrible. You would have to stay late because of people not showing up for their shift. The pay wasn't much better. You are taken advantage of and worked to death. I only stayed so long because I needed the money.
Pros
The people i worked with i made life long friends
Cons
Bad pay long hours rude customer's and managers
The manager didn't treated me well, got mad for no reason and always went on her phone.I got kicked from the job because of her.And the owner was very biased because the manager was friends with the owner.
I worked as full time staff for a year before being promoted to Manager. Great opportunities to advance and gain experience. No room for socialising or lack of concentration. Tardiness is severely punished in the Supermacs shops I have worked in. High stress during busy hours, but when it's dead the hours drag. Would recommend.
Pros
€9 food allowence daily.
Cons
Hard on the feet. 6-11 hours continuous standing.
Bad very ignorant workers. No respect for beginners. No chances. Lazyness. Left do all the work wen new to the job. Not fair. All to their own. Treated badly
Pros
Cons
Bullying
Fun workplace and a fast-paced environment. I've learned good customer service skill. Management is supportive and easy to get along with. Most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team and getting to work face to face with customers.
It is very hard to work at Supermac's. As the work culture is very stressful . Its very hard to manage work flow in stressful environment. It is very hard to work at Supermac's. As the work culture is very stressful . To manage collection, delivery orders, and shop orders is very difficult.
Can be long unsocialable hours, stressful environment, there is really else nothing else to say about this position. I worked here and I am no do now..
Its not really a good place to work! Your underpaid, over worked, and expected to do way to much then what you get paid for. Hard workers are under apreciated and never validated for their work.
We got really busy and they all worked good as a team Bfjdidndhdudhdbdudhdhdhdudhchchdhdhdhdh hxduushdhdhdususudududusudududududududududududududud
Great atmosphere and the people are friendly. There's training on the job and the hours have some flexibility. If you're willing to work hard and have the right attitude you'll get on well in the job.
Theres no training rude managers workplace culture is really hard, heavy ambient, unfriendly managers, unhappy employes, i do not recommend it. has to be improved
There is always a shortage of staff which means that you have to do other peoples jobs while trying to do your own job That wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't a busy store And all u get is minimum wage for your efforts
While working in supermacs provides you with the opportunity to make a decent wage and allows you to progress, it does not come without high stress levels and constant hard work. it require you to work hard all the time in order to deal with how busy it can be
Supermacs is a very fast paced working environment. Having experienced working in a few different Supermacs locations, although some were very pleasant and motivating, the majority of the management staff I witnessed were mostly extremely rude and intimidating to certain staff there and made it a very difficult place to work for them. Praise was rarely given and when mistakes were made staff were belittled. There is not an efficient work system in place for busy periods and staff were often left confused and overwhelmed so much so that mistakes occurred. However, it can be an enjoyable place to work if you enjoy fast past paced environments, I also made many friends throughout my employment there and gained many new skills and qualities.
I only got a job cayuse they needed an employee, I lasted three days. I typical day at work is to be expected to multitask everything on your second day and be blamed for customer complaints even though you were only giving the tray out to them. There I absolutely no training and its the perfect job for you if you want to be bullied, pushed around and treated like a piece of meat. I was about to get let go on my second day after many mistakes were made by the whole of the business on a Saturday afternoon. Costumers were rightfully annoyed on the wait of their food. The day was hectic. after receiving no training and cleaning up everyones mess I was told I needed to "Step up". I went in the next day which was worse. I had a set of question to improve my work completely ignored by the manager (who ignored me the whole day). I still had no practical training and the assistant manager came in and spoke to me like garbage and I was given no break when I was promised I would. They gave me many jobs to do at once (deliberately making it hard) and told me I did "nothing" and eventually I left the job and went home. When clearly, I knew I didn't do nothing, they knew I didn't do nothing and the manager didn't even have the guts to let me go or talk to me. I learned that the food industry isn't for me and not to return to a job that I couldn't trust. The workplace culture was stressful. They made it hard on themselves as much as they did on the customers. The hardest past of my job was basically everything and the most enjoyable part was...… the break really. Pros You - more...
Pros
Free lunches.
I would recommend supermacs to anyone looking for a full/part time job , it's a fast pace, fun place to work , the wage is competitive and the staff and managers are really nice. There is a posotive atmosphere amongst everyone , there is also career opportunities.
Very good menagment, very peaceful staff, a bit hard work because is very busy place. Kitchen should be upgrade up to time which we have now otherwise it's good place to work.
I was treated horribly and given ridiculous hours because they didn't know how to keep/hire the right staff. The manager ended up hiring a lot of 16 year olds who cannot legally work after a certain time of night which put immense pressure on me and other staff to work the worst shifts consistently. Managers didn't care about staffit.
Managers are a mix, some are creepy, some are lazy and some are hard to deal with, do not up skill unless you want to work more for the same price, ask for days up before the rota goes up or else there is no chance of you getting off.
Useless organisation does not care about its staff or its customers Hr department is a joke who talk down to you and try force you to sign contracts and policys that you don't understand and aren't aloud to to let others look at your contract biggest shower of pricks going
  1. Employee reviews