Supermacs
Supermacs Employee Review

A great company, a good job to make money in between careers/ during college.

9 July 2020
I worked as full time staff for a year before being promoted to Manager. Great opportunities to advance and gain experience. No room for socialising or lack of concentration. Tardiness is severely punished in the Supermacs shops I have worked in. High stress during busy hours, but when it's dead the hours drag. Would recommend.
Pros
€9 food allowence daily.
Cons
Hard on the feet. 6-11 hours continuous standing.
1 December 2019
Same role
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) - Monasterevin, County Kildare
While working in supermacs provides you with the opportunity to make a decent wage and allows you to progress, it does not come without high stress levels and constant hard work. it require you to work hard all the time in order to deal with how busy it can be
26 November 2019
Same role
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) - Birr, County Offaly
Supermacs is a very fast paced working environment. Having experienced working in a few different Supermacs locations, although some were very pleasant and motivating, the majority of the management staff I witnessed were mostly extremely rude and intimidating to certain staff there and made it a very difficult place to work for them. Praise was rarely given and when mistakes were made staff were belittled. There is not an efficient work system in place for busy periods and staff were often left confused and overwhelmed so much so that mistakes occurred. However, it can be an enjoyable place to work if you enjoy fast past paced environments, I also made many friends throughout my employment there and gained many new skills and qualities.
19 January 2018
Same roleSame location
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) - Limerick
Always busy with endless lists of tasks and jobs. I learned how to deal with heavy work loads with short time frames. Management were fine, occasional temper bursts. Hardest parts of the job were little breaks, little rest bite, long hours and no gratitude. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked and the customers i met day in day out .
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Long Hours, Heavy workload little timeframe