Supermacs
Supermacs Employee Review

Treated like rubbish and taken for granted

21 February 2019
I gave the company so much of my time and effort, but I was taken advantage of and 'messed around'. My attempts to advance were not taken seriously. Every time I approached management about it, it was pushed out with some new excuse. Even when it came to my pay, it was not taken seriously. Managers didn't even know if they had given me a raise or not. Watching others be approached about raises despite working there half the time I did was disheartening, and I did not appreciate my own pay being treated so flippantly.

There was blatant favoritism, where some employees were treated differently to others. We were expected to be at the constant beck and call of the manager, who would act annoyed towards us if we couldn't cover a shift last-minute. That said, the store manager was very accommodating when it came to requests or complaints.

Despite having training in all for the stations, I was denied official training qualifications (my safety training for each station being signed off on) whilst it was simply 'handed' to others.

My colleagues were the only thing that made the job half bearable.

buses made the job exceptionally difficult. The managers' solution to predictably large crowds was to simply start shouting at staff for not being at their station, despite the staff covering that station due to short-staffing.

Staff don't even get free lunch or even a decent discount. Staff food is €8.50 per day. 25c per hour is taken out of your pay for 'staff food'. With the constantly increasing prices, the staff food covers less and less. It's a joke
Pros
Worked with some very nice people
Cons
Finishes until 2:30am, pay not taken seriously, favouritism
21 October 2020
Employee (Former Employee) - Trim, County Meath
The manager didn't treated me well, got mad for no reason and always went on her phone.
I got kicked from the job because of her.

And the owner was very biased because the manager was friends with the owner.
18 July 2020
Employee (Former Employee) - Dublin
Enjoyed working there for the first six months but got very repetitive with not much to learn about the food industry. Would be ideal for early school leavers or college students.
Pros
They will work your hours around college schedule, but don't know if each branch would facilitate them needs. Friendly environment
Cons
Jobs should be shared equal and rotated on a fairly basis
9 July 2020
Catering Assistant & Manager (Current Employee) - Limerick
I worked as full time staff for a year before being promoted to Manager. Great opportunities to advance and gain experience. No room for socialising or lack of concentration. Tardiness is severely punished in the Supermacs shops I have worked in. High stress during busy hours, but when it's dead the hours drag. Would recommend.
Pros
€9 food allowence daily.
Cons
Hard on the feet. 6-11 hours continuous standing.