Supermacs
Supermacs Employee Review

Worst place on the planet to work

19 July 2019
Absolutely terrible place to work. Managers could care less about there staff. Some managers spoke to you as if you were completely stupid. Pure favoritism towards other members of staff. I found that if you had a really outgoing and fun sense of humor you got on well with the managers which led to that member not doing the jobs they were assigned which then led to other staff complaints and managers not listening. NEVER AGREE TO NIGHT SHIFT. Working full time night shift is the worst thing you could ever do. Long shifts, on Saturdays we would do 12 hours with a 1 hour break broken into 3 so it would be a half hour lunch and two 15 min breaks throughout the night. Have to clean and prepare absolutely everything for morning staff, all they basically do is come in, turn everything on and serve. Completely take advantage of young people, some managers were afraid to say things to other managers because they knew it would cause a problem so they kept quiet to avoid an issue, way to many hours, you get trained (ish) on nearly everything so they can uses you to do multiple jobs at once. Unfair wages, if you want better pay you have to demand it, no raise if you’re there longer than others. One person that worked there for 30+ years was on the same wage for all of it whilst people who were there for 3 years were earning much, much more. They also leave night shift extremely short staffed on some of the busiest nights of the year, so we end up staying an extra hour or more to clean everything for the next day. Believe me when I say crying in the bathroom during shifts will become a - more...
Pros
Great staff, life long friends made
Cons
Absolutely everything, terrible wage, unfair treatment, extremely long hours, over worked, under appreciated, terrible management
25 August 2018
Same role
Waitress (Current Employee) - Moate
I enjoyed working in Supermacs and learnt a number of different skills which can be used in another job and in life. I gained a lot of experience working there.
27 September 2017
Same role
WAIT STAFF (Current Employee) - Thurles
When I was stared I was just happy to have a job but toxic staff and rude customers have jaded me.
It's a good job to get experience with but not long term
Pros
Free food
Cons
Night shifts
20 February 2019
Same location
Till management (Current Employee) - Portlaoise
Fabulously friendly company to work for.
Management are incredibly understanding and incredibly helpful towards students within the business.

A pleasure to work for.
Pros
Constant Support
Cons
staff food deducted from wage