Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews

Ireland202 reviews

Good place to work when in college

Good place to while in college was able to work around my college hrs but other shops can be different. Staff are very nice days and nites go fast when busy

worst first job experience

extremely poor management, poorly ran , too many managers on shift . not allowed drinks during shift. managers spoke down to workers.it was a constant worry going to work

Pros

free food

Cons

management

It wasn’t a good place in my opinion to work in I didn’t like it

When I was working there In my opinion the management was awful , I wouldn’t go back working there and my hours they gave me were bad , they didn’t train me they just expected me to know everything at once

Avoid

Managers are the worst, very mean and disrespectful to their staff. One of the worst management ever that I have worked with....Rosters are actually not bad would you believe people you work with some of them are good some of them think that they own that place, so I let you judge that yourselves. Wages are bad always making mistakes , and takes them ages to pay you for every hour you have worked. Work environment is bad not good atmosphere at all. Very very very very stressful place to work in. Just avoid there's always better work to find that supermacs👎

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Wouldn’t recommend the place to anyone

I was offered a job in the Killarney branch. I was let go after 3 days because apparently ‘it wasn’t working out’. I was never given a real reason. The manager didn’t even call me to tell me herself. I felt really let down. I would not recommend working here. There is no job security.

Pros

Cons

Just about everything

Very demanding

Continously hiring 16 year olds that couldnt do certain shifts leaving the same few to work night shifts instead of hiring adults. When I started management were lovely but as the pressure mounted from staff leaving things turned sour and true colours were shown. There was a lack of trust and managers that used to defend us to customers and upper managemnet started turning on us. Pat McDonagh talking on the radio about how peope dont want to work really sealed the deal for me

Fun and fast paced

It is a great employer for young people. It is a rewarding environment where you can be valued for the hard work and determination that you show to managers

good workplace

great company to work for and progress. great management. easy way to communicate with gead office , hard work pays off, clear path to suceed with company

Pros

free food

Stay away if you can

Very bad environment to work in, your superior want you to do impossible and if you don't do it they look a everything to the small bits to set you up even you do everything proper by the book... Favouritism towards other shops/managementUnreal goals with 0 help You are left alone to do everything for the shop.. Working always extra hours which is not paid

Fast paced and stressful environment

Very hard and physically demanding work, often had to stay very late to close. Although I was only supposed to work part time had very long, unsociable hours due to short staff. On the positive side all the staff were so friendly and helpful and most managers were very supportive.

Unprofessional, stressful.

So after the big speeches of how great supermacs is and how fairly they reward hard work, reality slaps you, management is made up from a bunch of psychopaths, they rude and mean, disrespectful, talking to people degrading, they literally try to humiliate whoever they can, complete lack of training, they just throw you in and expect you to know everything, staff teaches staff but since no one trained them obviously they teach each other incorrect or wrong things, management only steps in to give out and make you feel as bad about yourself as possible for something you've never been told about, twisting stuff out and turn it against you, make up stuff you never did, 90% of the time you only talk to managers when they call you in the office to a brainwashing. They literally lying in your face, there are so much controversy that it's impossible to do good, every single manager claims that thier way is the "proper" right way but if you do like that the next manager will give out and make you feel bad about yourself for not doing his/her "proper way" there are 5 or 6 managers so I think anyone can get the idea, it's a mess. The biggest issue of the place are ignorance, arrogance and hypocrisy as it's highest. The only reason that the place is still in business that they could find few people who they can exploit beside children. Only if recommended for a short period if you are at the brink of starvation. Btw staff was great.

Management is horrible

The management don't care about anyone, they can ask you to close the store until 9 pm and on the next day to start working at 3am, wage is no good, you're discounted your staff food.

Some staff members were fantastic people to work with

No pension plan , no healthcare benefits, no extra overtime pay. Working under constant pressure . Sending people home when place is quiet and expect them to work 7days a week when it’s busy .

Pros

Free lunch for supervisor and managers

Cons

Working 8-10 days in a row before getting your day off

Fun workplace

Fun workplace , fast paced co workers are friendly, can be long hours and day shift can be boring as it is quiet hours whereas nights tend to bebusier

Pros

Free lunches

Excellent management

All team very friendly and helpful.Good training received.Never stressed,the manager was very collaborative and encouraging. Unfortunately the shop closed for the covid and i had to leave.

Pros

Free lunches, training

Cons

Supermacs is a good place to work while between things or part time while in education. Pay is minimum and working most weekends. Management can be friendly.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Working every weekend

Horrible place!!!

I don’t know how this place is still in business maybe there’s just not much options in Thurles town because it’s so small. From the cleanliness to the management and to the way the staff and customers are treated is absolutely ridiculous!! I definitely would not recommend this place.

Stressful and disorganised but had good co workers

Overall the job is not worth it . Extremely disorganised in terms of management and frequent miscommunication . Rosters can be last minute. Large workload for the pay . Worked there 2 years with no pay increase.

Pros

Discounted lunches

Cons

Long hours and short notice of rosters at times

Fun people to work for but bad pay

Like all these jobs overworked and underpaid but the shop j was in management and colleagues were the best! You get paid extra for night shift but you worked for every penny! Customers hard to deal with can be very rude

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Tuve mucha suerte y estuve en un Supermac’s de Galway, la verdad es que el ambiente de trabajo era bueno con los compañeros y jefes, si que es cierto que algunos manager no sabían gestionar bien los equipos pero en cuanto a compañeros muy excelente.

Good starter job can be stressful

Overall good starting job for college student etc , weekly pay but unsociable hours for college life. Can be very stressful at busy times as some staff aren’t fully trained. Managers overall supportive and kind all staff welcoming yet there are favourites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supermacs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement