Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin18 reviews
Enjoyed working there for the first six months but got very repetitive with not much to learn about the food industry. Would be ideal for early school leavers or college students.
Pros
They will work your hours around college schedule, but don't know if each branch would facilitate them needs. Friendly environment
Cons
Jobs should be shared equal and rotated on a fairly basis
Theres no training
rude managers

workplace culture is really hard, heavy ambient, unfriendly managers, unhappy employes, i do not recommend it. has to be improved
Specially for young people, I would recommend this company. U'll get great experience in customer service: filling location papers, counting money, dealing with customers.
Supermac's was a fun place to work and I made friends for life there. I learned lots of skills working here, such as team work, cash handling, customer service, working under pressure, time management, HACCP, and Manual Handling. It also made me much more aware of how businesses work. They provided full training and are flexible when it comes to working hours, although sometimes rotas were put up at the last minute.

They also have a career development programme for employees that want to pursue a career in management. They offer subsidised food, which is a bonus. The management were strict but fair and were able to have a laugh every now and then. My manager organised a birthday cake for me, which was really nice.

The only reason I left was to pursue a job in the area I obtained my degree in. Overall, I would definitely recommend Supermac's as a great place to work.
Pros
Subsidised meals, great team working environment, opportunity to advance career
Cons
Sometimes the rotas were put up last minute, can be very busy at times
alot of favours between manager/supervisors and their favourate staff , alot of racism happening in this place, poor management, no work culture, absolute disgrace.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
unfairness where others do alot of jobs than other
Sometimes can be chalenging to keep up with they standards and new promotions. quite demanding work, you have to be strong to stay all day on feet and still smile
Company with a good working environment, dedicated to fulfill its mission in offering fresh food to customers and good communication between team and manager.
A typical day consisted of taking the customers orders from the till, cleaning the lobby, delivering the customers orders to their tables, and stocking up the condiments.
I learned how to use a cash register, the ice cream machine, and how to input orders into the machine.

Hardest part of the day was trying to get around the workplace since it was a little bit cramped during some of the busier days.

Overall the employees and manager were very helpful and friendly, i wasn't afraid to ask for help because they were easy to approach.

Most enjoyable part of the day was making the customers content by helping, or just asking how they are as you take their order.

Was worth the work experience.
Pros
Free lunch
Management is not great.
The job is demanding,

The staff is great which makes the job bearable.

On an average day you prepare food to order. make sure its clean run up and down the shop to refil the fridge/ freezer constantly. Dealing with customers at the front of the shop and also the drive thru. It can be a really stressful job especially if you are understaffed which happens often. Would recommend it to someone with no previous experiance but definitely not a career choice as there is no progression.
Pros
staff
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Supermacs?
the good thing is that you have hours. the bad thing is you get low money to much thing to pay at work and working night... but for beggining its ok !!!!
Not aloud to stand for a second always have to be doing something , you could be working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and they wouldn't care if you were Tired I was underplayed for a whole year and they ended up owing me 700€ when I was 16 they made me work till 12 even though it was illegal they fire people for no reason now I wasn't fired I left after two years
Pros
Charge you for food even if you don't take it
Cons
No ice cream is part of staff meal
Supermacs is a very demanding working environment as it can be very fast paced and standing by a cooker for most the day. It will give you certain skills such as learning to be quick on your feet and being able to multitask certain jobs in the workplace. It is a very different job to ones I have had as not only are you providing a service to the customer you are also making the product they require which can be very demanding.
I work for Supermacs past 6 years, I learn a lot, progress from staff member to manager and then store manager ,excellent condition of work , great owners who look after their employees , generally would recommend as nice place to work with guaranty of full time contract.If you work hard there is always room for progress for anyone who is interested in going up the ladder.
Pros
room for progress, good pay, full time hours .
Cons
area managers never happy, which put people thru a lot of stress, and people are often leaving, so imagine turnover of staff is very high.
Working at Supermac's was an excellent chance to show that I could work in a fast paced environment efficiently, while still maintaining a good relationship with the customers. I used to come into work, clock in then imediately start serving customers their orders. In most cases, this involved communicating effectively with the other staff members and often preparing the rest of the meal as their burgers were being prepared. I would take this opportunity to chat to the customers, often excahnging funny stories. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant heat of ovens for longer shifts. The most enjoyable part was dealing with customers.
Doing cleaning most of the time but later I advanced to counter, few times I had good experiences, but mostly it was an extorting and slightly abusive environment. At the end I even had problems getting my salary: I got money missing and when I wanted to contact the manager for several weeks he was on holidays. Later on i just gave it up.
Pros
Free burgers that were left over.
Cons
Long hours night shifts.
 Preparing food for service.
 Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.

 Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.

 Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.

 Loading and unloading the dishwasher

 Helping to serve meals to customers
I have had better jobs and have worked in better overall circumstances.
I have good review from Supermac's,i've been working there since December 2011,has been a good experience to work with a great team work included managers and staffs,in this period i could improve my skills,now i'm looking for new challenges.The hardest part of the job is at busy time,but even in these times we can do a good job with a good customer service.