Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews in Galway

Galway18 reviews
Fun workplace and a fast-paced environment. I've learned good customer service skill. Management is supportive and easy to get along with. Most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team and getting to work face to face with customers.
Bad very ignorant workers. No respect for beginners. No chances. Lazyness. Left do all the work wen new to the job. Not fair. All to their own. Treated badly
Pros
Cons
Bullying
It is very hard to work at Supermac's. As the work culture is very stressful .
Its very hard to manage work flow in stressful environment.

It is very hard to work at Supermac's. As the work culture is very stressful .

To manage collection, delivery orders, and shop orders is very difficult.
Great atmosphere and the people are friendly. There's training on the job and the hours have some flexibility. If you're willing to work hard and have the right attitude you'll get on well in the job.
Micro management is the norm. Managers can be bullies (maybe not all managers, but mine absolutely was).

They'll try to get as much as possible out of you for as little as possible, so don't expect to be treated well or to get lots of perks or benefits.

Things change at the drop of a hat, so you could be working on something for a week and then it will suddenly be completely changed or cancelled or something will happen and if you don't have whatever the replacement is good to go in a flash then somehow you're the problem.
A great work environment. However, working night shifts can be very difficult especially if only working part-time and need to readjust your body clock.
It is a busy environment to work in. I learned different skills from papa johns and supermacs. The job is hard when busy but okay when its quite and the time flies fast there.
Pros
minimum pay rate
Cons
hard work
Not bad for customer service experience if you want to learn patience and hard work. Overall really hard work with various working hours, many angry customers.
Supermac's was a fast moving environment with plentiful hours and satisfactory pay . I was in college at the time and night shifts made college life difficult . Supermac's allowed me to meet new people every day it help me gain experience in a busy career .I would recommend to someone not in college and to someone looking for hours .
Pros
Free food. Plenty hours
Cons
Lack of social life
Staff personal needs also their benefit of understand company good will and mostly companies main focus to serve every customer and meets their every expectations.
Pros
free lunces
Cons
late night hours
everything all ok the staff really nice you can feel like at home menagment really nice no problem most of the times with any roster things....overall very very nice
Pros
free loundry
Cons
At the start I was miserable as managers weren't great but soon I started to get along with the woman ahead of me and I can say I will miss her most of all when I leave. Although the main managers weren't always helpful. Pays grand but I could never do it for a long period my feet were always killing me from standing for an 8 hour shift.
Pros
Free food, nice employees
Cons
Standing all day, management
In the morning-set up. The management are lovely along with the staff. It is not a very difficult job but can be very busy.
Management of Supermacs was great everybody worked as a team. Learned many customer service skills that are important to know. Worked from 7 in the evening till 4 or 5 in the morning depending on the night. Got free lunch every break good incentive to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late working hours
The typical day in Supermac's for me was clocking in at 5pm and finishing up at about 2/3am depending on how busy it was, and this was five nights a week. First thing I would do is find out where I was allocated for the day be it grill, drive thru' or on service. For the most part I was in charge of Drive Thru' ensuring all food was in the proper bags and given to the correct customers accordingly.
I learned so much here at Supermac's, be it confidence when dealing with customers to the strict time management we would have to abide by.

I felt like the management were lazy here. In which cases it would end up with staff doing managerial jobs which to me was infuriating and ended up being one of the primary reasons why I left. I believe that efficient delegation is essential when working as part of a team, especially in a busy work environment, both management and staff.

The hardest part of the job was trying to finish on time when staff/management didn't care what time they got out at.

Most enjoyable part for me was by far the people I met there over the years, most of which are life time friends. Another great opportunity was being able to go to the annual National Ploughing Championships. Just getting a change of scenery can make a difference on ones work ethic.
Pros
stability.
Cons
doing others work as well as your own with little or no appreciation.
Worked in Supermacs during the four years i was in college and part-time when i had finished my degree. The hours was flexible and i was taught managerial skills and organisational skills when i worked there.
I had sole accountability of the shop when i was working and all the stocks, hygiene, staff, cash and customer relations was the managers responsibility.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
worked weekends
I work a variety of shifts either day shift or night shift. Night shift can be difficult as you're dealing with people who may be drunk. Management in there are very firm but fair and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part is everyone gets on well so it doesnt feel like work.
Pros
Subsidized food
Cons
Long hours/unsociable hours
I was working day and night shifts.I learned how to work in a stressful and busy place.The management was rather friendly but strict .My co-workers were good in team work what is important in the workplace like that.
The hardest part of the job was preparing food in a very short time ,the most enjoyable part were contacts with customers.
Pros
contacts with customers