Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews in Limerick

Limerick8 reviews
Always busy with endless lists of tasks and jobs. I learned how to deal with heavy work loads with short time frames. Management were fine, occasional temper bursts. Hardest parts of the job were little breaks, little rest bite, long hours and no gratitude. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked and the customers i met day in day out .
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Long Hours, Heavy workload little timeframe
I worked as full time staff for a year before being promoted to Manager. Great opportunities to advance and gain experience. No room for socialising or lack of concentration. Tardiness is severely punished in the Supermacs shops I have worked in. High stress during busy hours, but when it's dead the hours drag. Would recommend.
Pros
€9 food allowence daily.
Cons
Hard on the feet. 6-11 hours continuous standing.
The hardest part of working for supermacs is managers are expected to work 55 to 60 hours a week. Its a busy place to work but they have excellent systems in place regarding ordering & stock taking.
There would be rushes of customers that needed to be handed quickly and effectively. The breaks consisted of a 30 minute eating break and a 15 minute breather (on a 9 hour shift).

I learned that at this job you really need to know how to adapt to the work style and that you need to be fast in fast food that it is unforgiving to mistakes.

Management were very understanding of when you could work because most of the staff were students including myself.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers.

The most enjoyable part was meeting and chatting with different kinds of people everyday at work.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Working in supermacs I felt limited in how far I could grow , in the fast food industry there is only so far you can climb and that's a ladder I really didn't want to climb.
Pros
Free food!
Cons
Bad management
I enjoyed working in supermacs because it gave me a good understanding of how clean a workplace should be kept.
I also learned how to prepare food for customers aswell as experience in communicating with customers in a polite manner.

I also learned how to work at a quicker pace.
I worked eight hours per week for 6 months, job role:serving customers,food preparation, friendly staff, the hardest part of my job was dealing with the public during the night shifts.
Cons
not enough hours
For the 1 year period I worked for Supermac's I enjoyed the people and the work atmosphere, however I didn't see as Supermac's as a place where I personally could progress and climb the ladder to gain a better experience.
Pros
Flexible hours