Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews for Catering Assistant

Catering Assistant23 reviews
Ireland23 reviews
While working in supermacs provides you with the opportunity to make a decent wage and allows you to progress, it does not come without high stress levels and constant hard work. it require you to work hard all the time in order to deal with how busy it can be
I worked as full time staff for a year before being promoted to Manager. Great opportunities to advance and gain experience. No room for socialising or lack of concentration. Tardiness is severely punished in the Supermacs shops I have worked in. High stress during busy hours, but when it's dead the hours drag. Would recommend.
Pros
€9 food allowence daily.
Cons
Hard on the feet. 6-11 hours continuous standing.
Supermacs is a very fast paced working environment. Having experienced working in a few different Supermacs locations, although some were very pleasant and motivating, the majority of the management staff I witnessed were mostly extremely rude and intimidating to certain staff there and made it a very difficult place to work for them. Praise was rarely given and when mistakes were made staff were belittled. There is not an efficient work system in place for busy periods and staff were often left confused and overwhelmed so much so that mistakes occurred. However, it can be an enjoyable place to work if you enjoy fast past paced environments, I also made many friends throughout my employment there and gained many new skills and qualities.
Managers are a mix, some are creepy, some are lazy and some are hard to deal with, do not up skill unless you want to work more for the same price, ask for days up before the rota goes up or else there is no chance of you getting off.
Supermac's was a fun place to work and I made friends for life there. I learned lots of skills working here, such as team work, cash handling, customer service, working under pressure, time management, HACCP, and Manual Handling. It also made me much more aware of how businesses work. They provided full training and are flexible when it comes to working hours, although sometimes rotas were put up at the last minute.

They also have a career development programme for employees that want to pursue a career in management. They offer subsidised food, which is a bonus. The management were strict but fair and were able to have a laugh every now and then. My manager organised a birthday cake for me, which was really nice.

The only reason I left was to pursue a job in the area I obtained my degree in. Overall, I would definitely recommend Supermac's as a great place to work.
Pros
Subsidised meals, great team working environment, opportunity to advance career
Cons
Sometimes the rotas were put up last minute, can be very busy at times
alot of favours between manager/supervisors and their favourate staff , alot of racism happening in this place, poor management, no work culture, absolute disgrace.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
unfairness where others do alot of jobs than other
iv worked in catering for over 14 years,as i love it,and i work well with everyone,very loyal and dedacated to my tasks and roles i have to do,im very outgoing,fun,and hard worker,and im willing to learn more,i ran my own bar in listowel from 2013 to 2017,which i enjoyed doing and it was a challenge,i also worked in den joes casltle island as a supervisor,for 3 yrs,handrans ballybunion for 2 yrs in 2008,gables athea in 2010..
Pros
ouick, fast and realiable
It is a constant busy workplace,you are always on your toes, insuring customers fast and enjoyable food and service. Working as a team and constant communication with each other is key to success in Super macs Junction 14 Mayfield.
Pros
It is a a very solid job.
Cons
Shortbreaks, Shift work can leave you extremily Tired. A constant busy work inviroment.
Really enjoyed my years at the Branch in Carrickmacross.
Basic Catering Assistant skills were earned

Fun place , very environmental

Friendly

Cleaning the store at the end would be the toughest job.

Customer Service was the easiest part of the job.
Pros
Food
Cons
Long Hours, Standing
Typical day at work would be making food, serving customers by taking their orders on the till, or bringing up the food to them, also cleaning is part of the job. Management is strict and you basically never have free time.
Pros
Can make your own lunch in there
Cons
Low pay
A great work environment. However, working night shifts can be very difficult especially if only working part-time and need to readjust your body clock.
Always busy with endless lists of tasks and jobs. I learned how to deal with heavy work loads with short time frames. Management were fine, occasional temper bursts. Hardest parts of the job were little breaks, little rest bite, long hours and no gratitude. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked and the customers i met day in day out .
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Long Hours, Heavy workload little timeframe
It's a very good workplace to gain much needed skills in teamwork, sales and many more, also great for people looking for their first jobs, management can be a bit of a rough patch at times, but otherwise it's a very good place
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
No Free Lunch
Staff personal needs also their benefit of understand company good will and mostly companies main focus to serve every customer and meets their every expectations.
Pros
free lunces
Cons
late night hours
Learned how to deal with complaints and acknowledgment of praise. High intensity. Long hours. Constant dealing of customers and cleaning. Enjoyable as everyone is friendly.
Pros
central location
Cons
Working in S'macs is tough. Not everybody respects people who work in fast food. However, the team I worked with are amazing. It made the job a bit easier.I learned how to deal with customers and I learned how to deal with difficult situations. The thing i enjoy most is whenever i see repeat customers and are happy to come back again and again. It means we are doing something right. The hardest past is the late closing hours.
Pros
free meal
Cons
sometimes long hours and sometimes very little hours
I enjoyed working in supermacs because it gave me a good understanding of how clean a workplace should be kept.
I also learned how to prepare food for customers aswell as experience in communicating with customers in a polite manner.

I also learned how to work at a quicker pace.
I worked eight hours per week for 6 months, job role:serving customers,food preparation, friendly staff, the hardest part of my job was dealing with the public during the night shifts.
Cons
not enough hours
A typical day to day job. I learned how to be more attentive and use my own initiative or shall we say our common sense. The management is supportive same as the team.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
enough hours
 Preparing food for service.
 Cleaning the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.

 Carrying out basic food hygiene preparation tasks.

 Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.

 Loading and unloading the dishwasher

 Helping to serve meals to customers
Really loved working there. Plenty of opportunities to attend training courses, and always found support from management and head office invaluable. Very sad when shop closed as it was a huge part of my life for so long.