Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews for Senior Staff

Senior Staff1 review
Ireland1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
I gave the company so much of my time and effort, but I was taken advantage of and 'messed around'. My attempts to advance were not taken seriously. Every time I approached management about it, it was pushed out with some new excuse. Even when it came to my pay, it was not taken seriously. Managers didn't even know if they had given me a raise or not. Watching others be approached about raises despite working there half the time I did was disheartening, and I did not appreciate my own pay being treated so flippantly.

There was blatant favoritism, where some employees were treated differently to others. We were expected to be at the constant beck and call of the manager, who would act annoyed towards us if we couldn't cover a shift last-minute. That said, the store manager was very accommodating when it came to requests or complaints.

Despite having training in all for the stations, I was denied official training qualifications (my safety training for each station being signed off on) whilst it was simply 'handed' to others.

My colleagues were the only thing that made the job half bearable.

buses made the job exceptionally difficult. The managers' solution to predictably large crowds was to simply start shouting at staff for not being at their station, despite the staff covering that station due to short-staffing.

Staff don't even get free lunch or even a decent discount. Staff food is €8.50 per day. 25c per hour is taken out of your pay for 'staff food'. With the constantly increasing prices, the staff food covers less and less. It's a joke
Pros
Worked with some very nice people
Cons
Finishes until 2:30am, pay not taken seriously, favouritism
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Supermacs?