Supermacs

Supermacs Employee Reviews for Server

Server5 reviews
Ireland5 reviews
I enjoyed working in Supermacs and learnt a number of different skills which can be used in another job and in life. I gained a lot of experience working there.
Absolutely terrible place to work. Managers could care less about there staff. Some managers spoke to you as if you were completely stupid. Pure favoritism towards other members of staff. I found that if you had a really outgoing and fun sense of humor you got on well with the managers which led to that member not doing the jobs they were assigned which then led to other staff complaints and managers not listening. NEVER AGREE TO NIGHT SHIFT. Working full time night shift is the worst thing you could ever do. Long shifts, on Saturdays we would do 12 hours with a 1 hour break broken into 3 so it would be a half hour lunch and two 15 min breaks throughout the night. Have to clean and prepare absolutely everything for morning staff, all they basically do is come in, turn everything on and serve. Completely take advantage of young people, some managers were afraid to say things to other managers because they knew it would cause a problem so they kept quiet to avoid an issue, way to many hours, you get trained (ish) on nearly everything so they can uses you to do multiple jobs at once. Unfair wages, if you want better pay you have to demand it, no raise if you’re there longer than others. One person that worked there for 30+ years was on the same wage for all of it whilst people who were there for 3 years were earning much, much more. They also leave night shift extremely short staffed on some of the busiest nights of the year, so we end up staying an extra hour or more to clean everything for the next day. Believe me when I say crying in the bathroom during shifts will become a - more...
Pros
Great staff, life long friends made
Cons
Absolutely everything, terrible wage, unfair treatment, extremely long hours, over worked, under appreciated, terrible management
When I was stared I was just happy to have a job but toxic staff and rude customers have jaded me.
It's a good job to get experience with but not long term
Pros
Free food
Cons
Night shifts
I got more fluent with the English language, because I was able to interact with a lot of people/customers in the service area..
The hours aren't bad.. not long..

I learned how to deal with people in every situation with patience..

My co workers were great and so is the management..
At the start I was miserable as managers weren't great but soon I started to get along with the woman ahead of me and I can say I will miss her most of all when I leave. Although the main managers weren't always helpful. Pays grand but I could never do it for a long period my feet were always killing me from standing for an 8 hour shift.
Pros
Free food, nice employees
Cons
Standing all day, management