Supermacs

Supermacs Management reviews

Fun workplace and a fast-paced environment. I've learned good customer service skill. Management is supportive and easy to get along with. Most enjoyable part of the job is working as part of a team and getting to work face to face with customers.
Management was really poor and taky. Not good treatment, not well paid at all for the amount of work you do. Not appretiation either. When I handled my notice, their answer was that they were not going to offer more money because they didn't want me to stay for money reasons. Even though I never asked for more money...Really poor the whole thing.
Fast paced. Love the environment. Boss flexible. Friendly co workers. Great food. I was able to learn a lot at this job. It was not just fast food. I had great management who wanted to see me move up and I was able to due to their consistent training.10/10 would recommend working here!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Can be stressful
Avoid like the plague there is a reason why they have a massive continuous staff turnover and they are full of empty promises. I was foolish to go back a second time and give them a chance, false promises etc.. Toxic environment. But I made a life lesson not to repeat that again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Toxic atmosphere and bad management
I worked at supermacs manor stone for the best part of three years. It was demanding work. The management was terrible. You would have to stay late because of people not showing up for their shift. The pay wasn't much better. You are taken advantage of and worked to death. I only stayed so long because I needed the money.
Pros
The people i worked with i made life long friends
Cons
Bad pay long hours rude customer's and managers
The manager didn't treated me well, got mad for no reason and always went on her phone.I got kicked from the job because of her.And the owner was very biased because the manager was friends with the owner.
Bad very ignorant workers. No respect for beginners. No chances. Lazyness. Left do all the work wen new to the job. Not fair. All to their own. Treated badly
Pros
Cons
Bullying
Theres no training rude managers workplace culture is really hard, heavy ambient, unfriendly managers, unhappy employes, i do not recommend it. has to be improved
Supermacs is a very fast paced working environment. Having experienced working in a few different Supermacs locations, although some were very pleasant and motivating, the majority of the management staff I witnessed were mostly extremely rude and intimidating to certain staff there and made it a very difficult place to work for them. Praise was rarely given and when mistakes were made staff were belittled. There is not an efficient work system in place for busy periods and staff were often left confused and overwhelmed so much so that mistakes occurred. However, it can be an enjoyable place to work if you enjoy fast past paced environments, I also made many friends throughout my employment there and gained many new skills and qualities.
I was treated horribly and given ridiculous hours because they didn't know how to keep/hire the right staff. The manager ended up hiring a lot of 16 year olds who cannot legally work after a certain time of night which put immense pressure on me and other staff to work the worst shifts consistently. Managers didn't care about staffit.
Managers are a mix, some are creepy, some are lazy and some are hard to deal with, do not up skill unless you want to work more for the same price, ask for days up before the rota goes up or else there is no chance of you getting off.
Useless organisation does not care about its staff or its customers Hr department is a joke who talk down to you and try force you to sign contracts and policys that you don't understand and aren't aloud to to let others look at your contract biggest shower of pricks going
Micro management is the norm. Managers can be bullies (maybe not all managers, but mine absolutely was). They'll try to get as much as possible out of you for as little as possible, so don't expect to be treated well or to get lots of perks or benefits. Things change at the drop of a hat, so you could be working on something for a week and then it will suddenly be completely changed or cancelled or something will happen and if you don't have whatever the replacement is good to go in a flash then somehow you're the problem.
Bad work/life balance Higher up management are a joke No ways to advance in the company They always expect more from you , your best isn’t good enough
Absolutely terrible place to work. Managers could care less about there staff. Some managers spoke to you as if you were completely stupid. Pure favoritism towards other members of staff. I found that if you had a really outgoing and fun sense of humor you got on well with the managers which led to that member not doing the jobs they were assigned which then led to other staff complaints and managers not listening. NEVER AGREE TO NIGHT SHIFT. Working full time night shift is the worst thing you could ever do. Long shifts, on Saturdays we would do 12 hours with a 1 hour break broken into 3 so it would be a half hour lunch and two 15 min breaks throughout the night. Have to clean and prepare absolutely everything for morning staff, all they basically do is come in, turn everything on and serve. Completely take advantage of young people, some managers were afraid to say things to other managers because they knew it would cause a problem so they kept quiet to avoid an issue, way to many hours, you get trained (ish) on nearly everything so they can uses you to do multiple jobs at once. Unfair wages, if you want better pay you have to demand it, no raise if you’re there longer than others. One person that worked there for 30+ years was on the same wage for all of it whilst people who were there for 3 years were earning much, much more. They also leave night shift extremely short staffed on some of the busiest nights of the year, so we end up staying an extra hour or more to clean everything for the next day. Believe me when I say crying in the bathroom during shifts will become a - more...
Pros
Great staff, life long friends made
Cons
Absolutely everything, terrible wage, unfair treatment, extremely long hours, over worked, under appreciated, terrible management
never have i worked in a place where managers and superviser's think they can speak to staff in such a rude manner,maybe if they treated staff with respect they would not have such a high turn over of staff. Management are the cause of most of the problems within the store
Pros
Cons
food is dreadful, no wonder they give vouchers to staff forced to eat the food.
Supermac's was a fun place to work and I made friends for life there. I learned lots of skills working here, such as team work, cash handling, customer service, working under pressure, time management, HACCP, and Manual Handling. It also made me much more aware of how businesses work. They provided full training and are flexible when it comes to working hours, although sometimes rotas were put up at the last minute. They also have a career development programme for employees that want to pursue a career in management. They offer subsidised food, which is a bonus. The management were strict but fair and were able to have a laugh every now and then. My manager organised a birthday cake for me, which was really nice. The only reason I left was to pursue a job in the area I obtained my degree in. Overall, I would definitely recommend Supermac's as a great place to work.
Pros
Subsidised meals, great team working environment, opportunity to advance career
Cons
Sometimes the rotas were put up last minute, can be very busy at times
Was there when it opened. Generally good management. Quite high turnover rate but you will be fine if you are willing to work hard. Customers are generally easy to work with as well.
Pros
Friendly managent.
Cons
No perks. Pay full price for food in store. No discount.
alot of favours between manager/supervisors and their favourate staff , alot of racism happening in this place, poor management, no work culture, absolute disgrace.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
unfairness where others do alot of jobs than other
Night shifts were a killer. Employees are very friendly. Management could be intense but listened when needed. Learned valuable communication skills. Could be a very happy atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Night shifts
I gave the company so much of my time and effort, but I was taken advantage of and 'messed around'. My attempts to advance were not taken seriously. Every time I approached management about it, it was pushed out with some new excuse. Even when it came to my pay, it was not taken seriously. Managers didn't even know if they had given me a raise or not. Watching others be approached about raises despite working there half the time I did was disheartening, and I did not appreciate my own pay being treated so flippantly. There was blatant favoritism, where some employees were treated differently to others. We were expected to be at the constant beck and call of the manager, who would act annoyed towards us if we couldn't cover a shift last-minute. That said, the store manager was very accommodating when it came to requests or complaints. Despite having training in all for the stations, I was denied official training qualifications (my safety training for each station being signed off on) whilst it was simply 'handed' to others. My colleagues were the only thing that made the job half bearable. buses made the job exceptionally difficult. The managers' solution to predictably large crowds was to simply start shouting at staff for not being at their station, despite the staff covering that station due to short-staffing. Staff don't even get free lunch or even a decent discount. Staff food is €8.50 per day. 25c per hour is taken out of your pay for 'staff food'. With the constantly increasing prices, the staff food covers less and less. It's a joke
Pros
Worked with some very nice people
Cons
Finishes until 2:30am, pay not taken seriously, favouritism