Supermacs

Supermacs Pay & benefits reviews

Ireland195 reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Some staff members were fantastic people to work with

No pension plan , no healthcare benefits, no extra overtime pay. Working under constant pressure . Sending people home when place is quiet and expect them to work 7days a week when it’s busy .

Pros

Free lunch for supervisor and managers

Cons

Working 8-10 days in a row before getting your day off

Fast paced and stressful environment

Very hard and physically demanding work, often had to stay very late to close. Although I was only supposed to work part time had very long, unsociable hours due to short staff. On the positive side all the staff were so friendly and helpful and most managers were very supportive.

Management is horrible

The management don't care about anyone, they can ask you to close the store until 9 pm and on the next day to start working at 3am, wage is no good, you're discounted your staff food.

Fun workplace

Fun workplace , fast paced co workers are friendly, can be long hours and day shift can be boring as it is quiet hours whereas nights tend to bebusier

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Supermacs is a good place to work while between things or part time while in education. Pay is minimum and working most weekends. Management can be friendly.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Working every weekend

Stressful and disorganised but had good co workers

Overall the job is not worth it . Extremely disorganised in terms of management and frequent miscommunication . Rosters can be last minute. Large workload for the pay . Worked there 2 years with no pay increase.

Pros

Discounted lunches

Cons

Long hours and short notice of rosters at times

Fun people to work for but bad pay

Like all these jobs overworked and underpaid but the shop j was in management and colleagues were the best! You get paid extra for night shift but you worked for every penny! Customers hard to deal with can be very rude

Good starter job can be stressful

Overall good starting job for college student etc , weekly pay but unsociable hours for college life. Can be very stressful at busy times as some staff aren’t fully trained. Managers overall supportive and kind all staff welcoming yet there are favourites.

Would not recommend

Plenty of hours available and job security, not ideal if you have a young family, fast paced environment with unsociable hours, good promotion prospects

Pros

As previously mentioned

Cons

Long hours, hard work fast paced

It was okay

Wouldn’t recommend working here just cause of the pay the pay is extremely bad you work so much hours and so much stressful hours at that and you get paid nothing management and staff where great to work with thoe

Good workplace Good working hours

Had fun working thereLiked the jobsGood management Diversity Good hoursDoesn’t open too earlySomewhat flexible Rewarding workGood staffNice atmosphere

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Boring when not busy

Worst Place Ever I worked at

Worst place I have worked never increases wages push alway to do extra hours lazy manages just chatting instead of working cutting wages extreme stress.

Easy work Environment

Got along well with Management. Very fair and non biased. Would recommend this job to a friend. Flexible hours and staff all had a laugh whilst working.

Pros

Free lunches, paid holidays, bonus incentive for managers

Good

It was nice place to work. I had discounted meal. I had a lot of things to do so I could learn different things. Working hours weren't good, that was cons

Pros

food

Cons

working hours

You work hard and are given little to no respect

Okay money and nice colleagues, but very poor management, no career progression even though it said there is, you're expected to do the job of about 5 people while on minimum wage. They work you till you're nearly dead and you may forget about a social life because it's mandatory to stay and do overtime every day until management tells you to go home

Pros

Discount on lunches

Cons

Everything else

Productive and fun workplace

Very fast paced environment that can be stressful at times but good experience to be gained especially as a young person entering the workforce as it will prepare you for a lot.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Not a great place to work

Poor management, lack of respect for staff, poor wages, antisocial hours, and an expectation that you will drop all for the company - for nothing in return.

Pros

Free lunch, relatively easy to request certain days off

Cons

Antisocial hours, bad pay, stressful, quite toxic environment

Kip to work in everyone I worked with couldn't wait to get out of the place

Managers really under trained and no clue how to treat staff low pay and no perks to working here you pay for everything even your meals and your deducted from your wages for all your breaks

Pros

No pros to this place

Cons

Horrible atmosphere

It was good fun

I worked in the killarney branch and I enjoyed my time there. Good team, good management and a nice work environment. They also had decent flexibility with shifts was.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No real early finishes

Stressful

Hard to keep up. They can be mean. Don’t expect praise. Not for faint hearted. Extremely stressful and too much pressure. Don’t recommend it for minimum wage.

Pros

Not long hours

Cons

Stress

Not good at all.

Management was really poor and taky. Not good treatment, not well paid at all for the amount of work you do. Not appretiation either. When I handled my notice, their answer was that they were not going to offer more money because they didn't want me to stay for money reasons. Even though I never asked for more money...Really poor the whole thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supermacs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement