Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

it's a nice workplace.
Retain Trainee (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2018
My 2nd work experience was in Supervalu, Lorcan Ave, Santry, Whitehall, Dublin 9. I put stocks on the shelves and I helped customers find what they need. I also work with the staff if they need me to do anything. It helped my communication skills.
everything worked out well at the end and I hope to work there again soon!
Pros
Hour break
Cons
I did not enjoy working here
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountmellick, County Laois8 May 2018
I did not enjoy working here at all. There was a very dull atmosphere and the day was long, when I was working there I just wanted to be at home, I would never work there again
Pros
Customers
Cons
Boring
Supervalu
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killiney, County Dublin18 April 2018
Good place to work if your in college or school but terrible pay and no incentives to progress. Family atmosphere but can get tough to work for. Enjoyed my years there as it helped me on my feet during college but they pay is terrible and higher management like the owner aren't the nicest. Staff all nice include store managers I will always be thankful for the job and experience I gained with them.
Pros
Hours given to those who want them
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, overworked
Staff were great to work with very friendly to everyone very community orientated
Cashier/Customer Service deliveries (Former Employee) –  Nans supervalue ballymun10 April 2018
I actually loved working there and have recently asked for my position back . The atmosphere in the shop is always very friendly. The management and staff go above and beyond for the customers .
Pros
Very local
Cons
Not too many just didnt like the deliveries that much as it was ling hours
Fun people to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kimmage, County Dublin5 April 2018
Each department can be quite hard but it all depends on what you are more suited to. The counters would be one of the busiest departments in the shop, following the checkouts.

Some management can be helpful and easy to get along with while others make you feel like they don't want to hear your complaints. It can be hard when your manager comes into the workplace in a bad mood and you can see it on their face which makes you feel uncomfortable and makes them unapproachable.

The atmosphere within the shop is usually the best, due to all the young workers. Since SuperValu hire students and such, it can be nice going into work and just seeing your friends.

The hardest part of my job is getting stressed due to not enough staff, employees not doing or knowing their job. I feel as though new staff dont get trained enough and we are left picking up the pieces, which seems to be on every department.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the social aspect.
Pros
Social aspect
Cons
Stressful
Busy store
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway20 March 2018
Worked for few months pending morning to other town. Customer service and cash handling. Working with a busy team in a busy store. Many management and supervisory staff on floor.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lovely supervisor, manager...
Not great but not bad, somewhere in between for me personally
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 March 2018
A typical day at work for me is always easygoing but busy. I have learnt how to deal with difficult people diplomatically and provide a great shopping experience to my customers. I have also learned to enjoy organisational roles and responsibilities such as taking care of my till, signing deliveries of stock and delivering newspapers back to suppliers at the end of a night.

The hardest part of the job can be sometimes juggling my hours and my private life, but for the most part management has been fair with me. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people, experiencing a great feeling of community as you prepare the shop for opening in the morning.
Pros
Easy tasks, opportunity to connect with people
Cons
Long hours, occasional problems with rosters
SuperValu palmerstown
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2018
SuperValu is a great place for a part time job for pocket money but as regards full time isn’t ideal as you don’t get paid much for the work you do if you wore running a family I’m young now and have no family and would like to get something better for long term
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay
Supervalu
Shop Assistant, Stock control, unloading trucks (Former Employee) –  Celbridge25 February 2018
Hi

I have to Once again that I would not like to recommended this company to anyone unless someone like to work for small amount on money for really bad managment
Customer Service
SuperValue (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath8 February 2018
Excellent Customer Service And Staff that are willing to help you with your shopping and If You cant find something their, there to help you find it, Brilliant .
Great place to get work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2018
A typical day in the shop: busy during rush hours, a lot work to keep the place running smoothly.
I have learned how to work in a fast work environment.
Brilliant job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork togher31 January 2018
Lovely staff and good nice community very easy to talk to the mangers are lovely .. there very welcoming and Liam Ryan is always giving the young people of the community a chance to start up in super valu
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
very productive with high expectations.hard company to work for.
Butcher (Current Employee) –  ireland30 January 2018
put counter in set up pre pack.do date check.check specials check sales make order.most enjoyable part of my job is watching staff evolve and freindly interaction with customers.and hitting those high sales of course.
Positive atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellingtonbridge, County Wexford26 January 2018
The HR management is very good and you are encouraged well when you are only beginning and finding your feet in the job. You must be able to multitask.
Fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deans Grange, County Dublin22 January 2018
Learned customer service skills and how to work with people
Laid back and friendly environment
Made lots of friends
Hardest part of job was juggling work and school
nice workplace at the start
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clare4 January 2018
was a nice workplace at the beginning, after a while was being pulled and dragged to every department of the store which i was used to and didnt mind but was told id be getting a pay increase as i was doing a lot of jobs that a regular employee wouldnt do. kept being told id be getting the pay increase soon and it would be backdated. booked holidays off then 3 weeks in advanced, another member of staff had to leave and then my holidays i booked were forgotten about. gave notice soon after this
Pros
nill
Cons
wasnt payed after closing hours even tho we were made stay and finish it all off
Helpful and positive
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork9 December 2017
Amazing place for work experience there always there for you if you have trouble and they always show you the positive side of the job it can also led to fun workplace
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Must be always available
Grand
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 December 2017
Not a bad place to work, easy job, busy during christmas but helps the time fly. Working on your feet in the kiosk for hours can be tough but apart from that great place to work.
Very good work envoironment
Baby advisor/health and wellness advisor (Former Employee) –  Dingle, County Kerry23 October 2017
Lovely managers and staff. Was a pleasure to work there. A very caring and understanding management team. I got new challenges daily which I loved and the training they provide was a great benefit.
Ideal for young person /students
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 October 2017
No union but they would be flexible.
Low pay just basic minimum wage.
Busy work environment but good environment and management approachable.
Flexible rota.
Pros
Parking christmas bonus