Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

Supervalu Firhouse road
Dublin Firhouse rd (Former Employee) –  Dublin Firhouse rd2 December 2019
They used to pay less than minimum wage. They used to charge 5 euros per week to provide the uniform (second hand uniform). All the shop shelves broke. The owner mean with money.
Lazy managers that expect you to pick up their slack.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 November 2019
Managers are lazy, constantly walking around on their mobiles when there's work to be done, when you slip up in the slightest your judged, the way they judge you on your work and uniform is ridiculous, your scored on them and it literally makes you feel like a child back in school again. Wouldn't reccomend working there as the pay doesn't match the workload, lads that have been here over 10 years only have been slowly bumped up to 14e an hour. Place is a dive.
Collaborative
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longford26 November 2019
Worked as a deli-assistant using the organisations policies and procedures involving food management and sanitation. Also gained excellent people skills by dealing with customers on a daily basis. I used an efficient and friendly approach when dealing with customers who had queries or were making their orders.
Horrendous
Admin/Stock control (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary25 November 2019
I worked as the newspaper and magazine accounts person. When I started in 2007 it was a fantastic place to work with a great manager. unfortunately due to recession it was taken over by nama and sold on to what I can only describe as animals. Horrendous environment so unfortunately after about 15 months I had to leave because of such poor working conditions and bullying.
Nagyon jó hely
Eladó, árufeltöltő (Former Employee) –  Írország18 November 2019
Jó fizetés, elég szabadidő. Minden szabályt betartanak.
Pros
Egésznap elérhető konyha kávé, tea, péksütemény, vaj, lekvárok ingyen
Cons
Nincs
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cahersiveen, County Kerry13 November 2019
coworkers were so kind and helpful and made stressful days a bit more enjoyable. i learned different skills on the tills and with the new Mooch icecream also had some experience on the floor and learned how a shop system works
Really bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killiney, County Dublin11 November 2019
Not a nice company to work for, after 13 years I was still on minimum wage but expected to do the same things as a manager. Never would you get a thank you for ANYTHING you do for them, your just expected to do it. Stay away if possible, unless you like been taken advantage of
Fun Place to work for
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Ballaghaderreen, County Roscommon9 November 2019
working in supervalu was my first job,
it was a good experience and thought me a lot for the world of retail and customer service. the staff, supervisors were all very helpful towards me and other staff members.
Poorly Managed Workplace but fair to staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2019
Typical sales job with typical dealings with customers. Easy to get time off if needed and a good student job but poorly managed. Management were very fair to staff but there was little communication between departments and they would create new rules periodically and reverse them quickly making the job inconsistent and caused much confusion
strong customer focused enivronment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2019
I enjoyed my time while working as a sales assistant at Supervalu. I found they had a strong emphasis on customer focus and making sure the customer always had an excellent shopping experience so that they would come back each time and thus the company would retain loyal customers. They carried out good HR policies and procedures and strong performance management procedures which i value and appreciate as a HR student myself. There was always a good atmosphere and all employees got on extremely well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing familiar faces return each week and interacting with them each time. I love helping customers and seeing them leave the store satisfied with the service and their experience.
Horrible
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2019
Horrible place to work full time can get 10 hours one week or 40 the next no chance in been able to get rent or a mortgage through working here management are useless aswell.
Wouldn't recommend it
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Cork City6 October 2019
I worked in Supervalu for a year out from college from September 2018 to October 2019. While working in retail and dealing with the public is great for character development, I must say for the work that is endured in this workplace the pay is in no means sufficient to meat the cost of living in any part of the Republic of Ireland. I have to say that the staff there are wonderful people and the owners of every store should appreciate there staff as it's there warmth and personality that brings back customers as its certainty not there prices! in my store, I personally like the management and the owners but when promoted to duty manager i felt my pay rise was very unreasonable and from starting my own side business this year, I have come to the conclusion that without people working hard in these stores to clean up ware houses, stack shelves, serve sometimes very ruse customers and follow over the top health and safety regulations there businesses and personal wealth would be non existent and they should very much respect there staff more and provide more decent wages. While Supervalu is great for providing students with part time jobs, if you happen to be in a situation where you are currently looking for a full time job, by all means avoid working for any job that offers anything starting at minimum wage as it's very likely you will be on or very close to that pay rate for the foreseeable future. take you time and find something that pays well and respects the work that you contribute to the business.
Job
Cashier duties (Current Employee) –  Galway27 September 2019
Do love the people i work with and the customers. I just dont think they pay their staff enough or reward them for taking on other jobs. Everyone works together as part of a team.
Cons
Pay
Terrible
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Tuam, County Galway26 September 2019
The HR manager was horrible to work with , the shop manager was a bully amd extremely nasty and the pay is awful with some people over the age of 18 below minimum wage which is highly unfair because they give them more hours for less pay.
Good workplace, lovely staff .
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Kinsale, County Cork19 September 2019
Very good place to work, management and staff have good communication. There offer good work/life balance and plenty of incintives.

To much emphasis on money and stock and not on customer satisfaction.
Management not great
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2019
Managers mostly look out for themselves and their click. Working with most of the staff is great as well as working with the public. Pay isn't that good.
Supervalu Kilbarry
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford16 September 2019
Management very unreasonable.
No hours available.
Staff discount & Christmas bonus excellent
Colleagues like family
Holidays 4 wks a year
Own brand Excellent
Pros
Friends
Cons
No hours
Pleasant place to work
Newsagents’s (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin14 September 2019
Unsociable hours and very limited to what hours you can do. Usually flexible with days off when required, however often times you will get the late evening shifts. Busy shop so kept busy throughout your shift which is always a plus
fun
Ireland (Former Employee) –  Limerick14 September 2019
it was a great place to work, everyone is extremely helpful and will help you fit in the best way possible , you gain great skills such as communication
Great staff
Shop Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 September 2019
I only worked part time so I was Mostly in work evenings for 5 or 6 hour shifts, the most enjoyable post of the job for me would have definitely been my coworkers