Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

N/a
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palmerstown, County Dublin12 January 2020
I enjoy working at supervalu and I enjoy helping and serving customers on a daily basis. The management has veried over the years and changes had been made for the best. I have worked in all different departments the deli the tills and in the office.
Poor
Designation - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 January 2020
Very poor work cultur.
Management is very rude and don't consider your problem while assigning shifts. No work life balance at all. I won't recommend to any one
Not the worst
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Donabate, County Dublin5 January 2020
It's not the worst place in the world to work, it's just frustrating when you don't get credit for the work you do. Also have a lot of problems with wages on a weekly basis.
good
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Palmerstown, County Dublin3 January 2020
working for supervalu wasnt a bad experience handy for someone to earn east money or if wanted a summer job or freshly out of school staff are dealable
Exciting and also challenging.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edgeworthstown, County Longford1 January 2020
I enjoy my time working at Supervalu. I find the work fast paced and the day is always busy. The work is varied and includes stock taking, packing shelves, helping people pack their shopping and working at the till. I work as part of a team and there is a great sense of friendship and collaboration. We all cooperate to ensure the smooth running of the store. I particularly enjoy meeting customers and being friendly and helpful to all. I respect my manager who has a very challenging role to ensure that the store is adequately staffed, shelves are packed and a high standard of service is provided for all customers. I am always cooperative and flexible. I enjoy being challenged and adapt easily to any new role that I am assigned. I don't find any part of the job difficult. I have learned that the main priority of my job is to ensure that the needs of the customer are always met.
You honestly should not sork im supervalu
Shop Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Cork1 January 2020
I worked in supervalu for a couple of months and I decided to quit due to the store manager constantly making me feel like I'm a slave and constantly calling me names
Friendly ..customer orientated
Manager (Former Employee) –  Longford12 December 2019
Family run ..part of the family when trusted .. great team ..great customers ..modern shop with excellent facilities..with real emphasis on fresh food ..
Personally didnt enjoy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fermoy, County Cork12 December 2019
Whilst im sure to many they enjoyed there time working in supervalu i cant say the same, the people i worked with were lovely but i sadly didnt enjoy managemant and ended up clashing with them. But this is my experience and i can not speak for all in this matter.
Working in SuperValu is a huge opportunity you can learn so many different skills
Shop assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingscourt, County Cavan9 December 2019
Smiling helps when your working in an environment like this one. Don't ever get to worked up about not knowing what your doing or not knowing where certain products go because you will catch on eventually.
Supervalu Firhouse road
Dublin Firhouse rd (Former Employee) –  Dublin Firhouse rd2 December 2019
They used to pay less than minimum wage. They used to charge 5 euros per week to provide the uniform (second hand uniform). All the shop shelves broke. The owner mean with money.
Easy and Chill Workplace
Floor Staff/checkout staff (Former Employee) –  Monasterevin, County Kildare1 December 2019
It is a great place to work if it is your first job. It allows you to get a feel for the responsibility that comes with having a part time job. It provided you with an opportunity to make your own money and start to comprehend how the world operates outside school.
Lazy managers that expect you to pick up their slack.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 November 2019
Managers are lazy, constantly walking around on their mobiles when there's work to be done, when you slip up in the slightest your judged, the way they judge you on your work and uniform is ridiculous, your scored on them and it literally makes you feel like a child back in school again. Wouldn't reccomend working there as the pay doesn't match the workload, lads that have been here over 10 years only have been slowly bumped up to 14e an hour. Place is a dive.
Collaborative
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longford26 November 2019
Worked as a deli-assistant using the organisations policies and procedures involving food management and sanitation. Also gained excellent people skills by dealing with customers on a daily basis. I used an efficient and friendly approach when dealing with customers who had queries or were making their orders.
Horrendous
Admin/Stock control (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary25 November 2019
I worked as the newspaper and magazine accounts person. When I started in 2007 it was a fantastic place to work with a great manager. unfortunately due to recession it was taken over by nama and sold on to what I can only describe as animals. Horrendous environment so unfortunately after about 15 months I had to leave because of such poor working conditions and bullying.
Nagyon jó hely
Eladó, árufeltöltő (Former Employee) –  Írország18 November 2019
Jó fizetés, elég szabadidő. Minden szabályt betartanak.
Pros
Egésznap elérhető konyha kávé, tea, péksütemény, vaj, lekvárok ingyen
Cons
Nincs
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cahersiveen, County Kerry13 November 2019
coworkers were so kind and helpful and made stressful days a bit more enjoyable. i learned different skills on the tills and with the new Mooch icecream also had some experience on the floor and learned how a shop system works
Really bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killiney, County Dublin11 November 2019
Not a nice company to work for, after 13 years I was still on minimum wage but expected to do the same things as a manager. Never would you get a thank you for ANYTHING you do for them, your just expected to do it. Stay away if possible, unless you like been taken advantage of
Fun Place to work for
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Ballaghaderreen, County Roscommon9 November 2019
working in supervalu was my first job,
it was a good experience and thought me a lot for the world of retail and customer service. the staff, supervisors were all very helpful towards me and other staff members.
Poorly Managed Workplace but fair to staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2019
Typical sales job with typical dealings with customers. Easy to get time off if needed and a good student job but poorly managed. Management were very fair to staff but there was little communication between departments and they would create new rules periodically and reverse them quickly making the job inconsistent and caused much confusion
strong customer focused enivronment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2019
I enjoyed my time while working as a sales assistant at Supervalu. I found they had a strong emphasis on customer focus and making sure the customer always had an excellent shopping experience so that they would come back each time and thus the company would retain loyal customers. They carried out good HR policies and procedures and strong performance management procedures which i value and appreciate as a HR student myself. There was always a good atmosphere and all employees got on extremely well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing familiar faces return each week and interacting with them each time. I love helping customers and seeing them leave the store satisfied with the service and their experience.