Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 April 2019
you get paid really bad and you are treated like slaves. you get no free lunches, there is no staff and the management is horrible to younger staff members
Pros
there is none
Cons
long hours, bad pay, horrible management
All the promised but no follow through
Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare8 April 2019
Fellow employees were all fantastic, super friendly and welcoming. Most socialize outside of work and would regularly invite new people along.

Management is very old minded, they could do with fresh young thinkers. Most members of management are related to the store owners. The owners son struts around the store in a suit in a very unapproachable manner.

HR promise to sign you up to training at interview stage but nothing eventuates. HR and Management refuse to pay overtime but you are expected to work it atleast weekly.

The Rushe’s do not understand if your employee’s are happy there productivity goes up.

The deli and butcher department are forced to cover things up when FSAI turn up and if the inspector did a better job the whole store would be closed down.
Pros
Good breaks, Work colleagues are really friendly, Paid for the hours your rostered to work every week
Cons
Bad management, Minimum wage, Does not pay overtime, No store discount but your expected to buy from the store
Product delivery
Van Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wicklow19 March 2019
Multy drop deliverys of online shopping can be stressful trying to keep up with time slots. Otherwise can be enjoyable been your own boss on the road for most of the day
Pros
Been your own boss
Cons
Long hours.. Times lots salary
Uncaring managers
Shop Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Mayo9 March 2019
Very unorganised, there was no clear job duties etc.
The managers did not care and overtime was not paid ever.
I was on the aisles mainly.
Would not recommend.
Enjoyable employees overall bad workplace
Floor Staff, Hygiene Personnel (Former Employee) –  Carrigaline, County Cork21 February 2019
In this job i was inexplicably let go as there was money problems in the store that we were not told about i was only given 4 days notice before being let go
fun place to work
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ireland14 January 2019
dealing with people on a daily basice was enjoyable, i learnt how to deal with people in the right way. the hardest part was getting young collages to work how they should teenages dont want to listen. typical day was to open the shop check over the night work and see what needs to be carryed out thourgh the day . as a supervise I understand how to talk to my colleges and if I asked them to do something they never did before then I would take time to shown them so they new just what I needed them to do . I build to good work friendship with people who worked for me , I would have a meeting at the start of the day with a bit of fun but then straight to work .
Best Job I've ever had!
Retail assistant (Current Employee) –  Castletroy, County Limerick12 December 2018
Absolutely amazing environment. Started there in June and I couldn't be happier. Not only are the management great, my co-workers are some of the nicest people I've ever met. After a month of working there, I asked would it be possible to receive more hours, and not even a week later I got them. The benefits are great, my paycheck is great. Couldn't of asked for a better experience. 10/10 :)
Pros
Excellent management, great hours
Management and atmosphere were awful.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford City Centre, County Waterford6 December 2018
Management when I worked in Supervalu were nothing but bullies. Often shouting at staff and in general treating staff with little respect. Met lots of great people working in Supervalu but it was a very depressing place to work, everyone in there just seemed to hate their lives. I started working there when I was 17 and my starting rate was €7.55 an hour. Due to the fact they're getting away with paying minors so little, the store almost only seemed to hire young people. It was only possible to get paid minimum wage after you had 2 years work experience and over 21.
Pros
Very sociable
Cons
Bad pay and Management
Easy and interactive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbeyleix, County Laois12 November 2018
I enjoy the customer interaction working at my local SuperValu. The workload is very manageable and even enjoyable. Management are nice and the shop is run well
Lovely place to work
Assistant Butcher (Former Employee) –  Béal an Átha Móir, County Leitrim5 November 2018
Long hours to work. I learned plenty about customer service in this role. I was very pleasant to deal with and interacted very well with all my customers. The management structure in this store was excellent and I knew exactly who to contact if I ever encountered a problem. the hardest part of this job was constantly standing for 8 hours a day. I felt this quite tiresome but when you are busy the day doesn't be long slipping by. I enjoyed meeting customers everyday and having a chat with them all.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
standing all day
work experience placement 2017
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 November 2018
i enjoyed working here. the staff were always willing to give us a hand and teach us the requirements of working on the shop floor. overall i have found it a great experience and thankful for them taking me on for experience.
Good place
replenish hallways (Former Employee) –  Deansgrange, County Dublin2 November 2018
I was there just for the work experience and the place was good but wasn't a really well paid job I was working for a lot of hours and was a bored work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Greystones, County Wicklow12 October 2018
I started on the shelf packing as I had done when I was a kid in Dunnes Stores but was moved on to tills for my customer service skills. But never recieved further training.......
Pros
Cons
No free lunch
Good Start-Up Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
My first job.

I gained a large experience in face to face customer communication, & can credit Supervalu with acquiring that skill

Job itself was not challenging, & ultimately I had to move on.

Good starting point for a student/post school
Pros
Good Employee Spirit
Cons
No Focus on Moral. No Promotional Incentive. No Bonus. UNdesirable Working Hours
Ok for a part-time job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2018
Supervalu was ok for a part-time job. I enjoyed who I worked with but didnt find managment helpful and the wages were not liveable. Hours ect were fine.
Pros
Distance.
Cons
Wages
Work Experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thomastown, County Kilkenny24 September 2018
I had one weeks work experience with Supervalu Thomastown in 2016. It was an enjoyable experience. The Staff were very helpful.
I learned a lot during my time in Supervalu.
Good atmosphere
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin10 September 2018
Very nice people to work with. Great atmosphere. Great communication between staff and customers. Helpful. Cleaning the back, stacking Shelfs. Face checking.
fun workplace
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Donegal31 August 2018
This was a fun workplace but was hindered by the management that runs it. although the management is poor it is a rewarding place to work in accompanied by great staff.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary31 August 2018
Working at Supervalu Clonmel was a pleasant experience. As a 'shop floor' member of staff i enjoyed my role and every member of staff was friendly and great to work with. Staff turnover was a down fall of the job. Great atmosphere in the shop.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Always expected to work outside given hours.
great place to work
Cashier/retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath27 August 2018
I worked in Supervalu over a two year period. I got on very well with all my co-workers. I never had any problems with supervisors/management and my time there was a very happy time. I made lifelong friends.
Pros
days off during the week