Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

All the promised but no follow through

8 April 2019
Fellow employees were all fantastic, super friendly and welcoming. Most socialize outside of work and would regularly invite new people along.

Management is very old minded, they could do with fresh young thinkers. Most members of management are related to the store owners. The owners son struts around the store in a suit in a very unapproachable manner.

HR promise to sign you up to training at interview stage but nothing eventuates. HR and Management refuse to pay overtime but you are expected to work it atleast weekly.

The Rushe’s do not understand if your employee’s are happy there productivity goes up.

The deli and butcher department are forced to cover things up when FSAI turn up and if the inspector did a better job the whole store would be closed down.
Pros
Good breaks, Work colleagues are really friendly, Paid for the hours your rostered to work every week
Cons
Bad management, Minimum wage, Does not pay overtime, No store discount but your expected to buy from the store
5 November 2018
Same role
Assistant Butcher (Former Employee) - Béal an Átha Móir, County Leitrim
Long hours to work. I learned plenty about customer service in this role. I was very pleasant to deal with and interacted very well with all my customers. The management structure in this store was excellent and I knew exactly who to contact if I ever encountered a problem. the hardest part of this job was constantly standing for 8 hours a day. I felt this quite tiresome but when you are busy the day doesn't be long slipping by. I enjoyed meeting customers everyday and having a chat with them all.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
standing all day
29 January 2017
Same role
Assistant Butcher - Assistant Deli Server (Former Employee) - Donegal Town, County Donegal
interesting line of work in the butchers counter, alot of skills amounted because of it. Uncoordinated management and lack of communication made it un fun to work there.
16 August 2017
Same location
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) - Naas, County Kildare
While at supervalu I realised that the management was very poor along with the pay. They hired young staff and used loop holes in the law to make sure your payed less then minimum wage for at least 2 years!
Pros
Young enviorment
Cons
Terrible pay