Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

Good Environment

26 July 2016
Very healthy environment with kind and supporting staff members. Though days are repetitive, Learning new skills from different situations proved to be very beneficial for future opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the day was speaking to customers and the hardest part was moving big items.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
5 August 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Clondalkin
I worked in SuperValu for a very short month. The WORST place to work management have there favorites and try to belittle you all the time. You don’t get paid extra on sundays or bank holidays which is a rip of , I’d be working from 9-3 and someone would call in sick at 3 and management would ask me to stay till 3-11 (off licence shift) even though I’m after been there since 9am!!! And then I’d be back working at 11!!! Also the main manager daughter is only 17 and she had her serving on the till selling smokes and alcohol? Isn’t the legal age 18??
Pros
Cons
Very bad management, don’t get paid for Sunday’s or important days
26 June 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Limerick
It was my first ever job. Great induction process making sure everyone is up to speed with all aspects of the business before being delegated their respective role. Great flexibility and variety within the business
Pros
Discounts
18 May 2019
Same location
Part-time Supervisor of the checkout tills (Former Employee) - Kildare
Supervalu is a good job, constantly in contact with interesting characters doing their shopping. Being a supervisor was tougher with the more responsibilities but I enjoyed taking on the role and learning new things. I also enjoyed training new people in, and being someone every knew they could come to with queries or worries in the work place. Dealing with customer complaints can be a difficult situation depending on the customer, but I found once you stayed calm and nice to the customers the queries were not that bad. Dealing with money was one of the most enjoyable parts of the jobs, because I love maths, dealing with safe and till counts was always enjoyable.