Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

Lovely environment to work.

17 September 2014
Supervalu is a great place to work. Each morning we set up the fresh food counters and cook the fresh hot food and fresh bread. I have learned a lot about myself while being in this position, I am a strong person and I know what i want. I am a proud person and i love to have my department kept to the highest standard. Myself and the management team have a great relationship and we are a great team, my co-workers are great, we all work well as a team as well as individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the result of all of our hard work when we reach our sales targets, get top results in our mystery shopper audits and get results in our hygiene audits.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Tiring after a long busy day.
9 April 2017
Same role
Sales Assistant and deli manager (Former Employee) - Letterkenny Co. Donegal
I was deli manager in SuperValu which encluded doing stock takes , displaying the counter every morning, dealing with customers and suppliers, keeping a record of all the fridge temperatures and looking after the hygiene. I also worked in the butchers department dealing with customers and laying out there display.
31 January 2017
Same role
Deli Manager (Former Employee) - Dungarvan, County Waterford
was a great place to work . everyday was different management was good and always on hand for querries there was no real hard part I enjoyed it I enjoyed the challenge of working in different areas of the store
18 May 2019
Same location
Part-time Supervisor of the checkout tills (Former Employee) - Kildare
Supervalu is a good job, constantly in contact with interesting characters doing their shopping. Being a supervisor was tougher with the more responsibilities but I enjoyed taking on the role and learning new things. I also enjoyed training new people in, and being someone every knew they could come to with queries or worries in the work place. Dealing with customer complaints can be a difficult situation depending on the customer, but I found once you stayed calm and nice to the customers the queries were not that bad. Dealing with money was one of the most enjoyable parts of the jobs, because I love maths, dealing with safe and till counts was always enjoyable.