Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

One of the good ones

17 September 2020
It was a busy store most of the time and there were mostly friendly coworkers. Management has your back when it counts which was really nice. Working with people of all ages so there was a diverse work culture. Hardest part of the job was the monotony of the job. It was affecting my health being on tills all day every day non stop so I often asked to go on the floor and help there when all the tills were taken but management refused and put other people on instead and told me just to stand there. Dealing with all different types of customers was very enjoyable as well as helping people with their shopping as it let me get exercise.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Good wage; friendly coworkers; management mostly has your back
Cons
Long hours; cold shop; being forced to stay up at the tills despite there being none free
11 November 2019
Cashier (Former Employee) - Killiney, County Dublin
Not a nice company to work for, after 13 years I was still on minimum wage but expected to do the same things as a manager. Never would you get a thank you for ANYTHING you do for them, your just expected to do it. Stay away if possible, unless you like been taken advantage of
27 September 2019
Cashier duties (Current Employee) - Galway
Do love the people i work with and the customers. I just dont think they pay their staff enough or reward them for taking on other jobs. Everyone works together as part of a team.
Cons
Pay
14 July 2019
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) - Ashbourne, County Meath
It gave the experience in Working big supermarket, learning about pricing,facing off helping customers find the items they want and maybe encouraging them to buy more. Checking that store stock was up to date. Dealing with customers.. I was working on the till on busy peak times (Christmas time) Counting the money in my till at the end of the shift. Watch out for shop lifters. I was working in a times when we had no camera in the store. I feel I work well with management. Also watching out for people shoplifting. Checking out for counterfeit money. Dealing with customers who were refused alcohol when they were under age. Some customers were not happy when you asked for ID proof of age.
Pros
I worked evening times it was not so busy I was student so they made times suitable for time shifts
Cons
We were not entitled to free lunches.