Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

Poor management and pay

16 August 2017
While at supervalu I realised that the management was very poor along with the pay. They hired young staff and used loop holes in the law to make sure your payed less then minimum wage for at least 2 years!
Pros
Young enviorment
Cons
Terrible pay
8 April 2019
Same location
Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) - Naas, County Kildare
Fellow employees were all fantastic, super friendly and welcoming. Most socialize outside of work and would regularly invite new people along. Management is very old minded, they could do with fresh young thinkers. Most members of management are related to the store owners. The owners son struts around the store in a suit in a very unapproachable manner. HR promise to sign you up to training at interview stage but nothing eventuates. HR and Management refuse to pay overtime but you are expected to work it atleast weekly. The Rushe’s do not understand if your employee’s are happy there productivity goes up. The deli and butcher department are forced to cover things up when FSAI turn up and if the inspector did a better job the whole store would be closed down.
Pros
Good breaks, Work colleagues are really friendly, Paid for the hours your rostered to work every week
Cons
Bad management, Minimum wage, Does not pay overtime, No store discount but your expected to buy from the store
24 June 2014
Same location
Cashier (Former Employee) - Naas, KE
I worked in Supervalu as a cashier and sometimes on the shop floor stocking shelves.A typical day at work involved attending to customers queries and working at the checkouts. I enjoyed this work because I got to meet new and interesting people everyday. the management staff were overall very friendly towards me and made me feel comfortable although communication was quite weak at times.
Pros
learning how to manage cash
Cons
lack of communication
22 September 2020
Guest service Team member (Former Employee) - Dublin Killester
Ended up losing my health because of the stress and the little hours, small pay, zero appreciation for any effort done, emotional and psihical stress and uncomfortably, rude, mpulsive and traumatic reactions from.some of the managers. Lost my marriage and the company refused to give me qny kind of support when i asled for help, ended up in depression and anxiety qfter they fired me for for
Pros
Traumas and regrets for working there, drove me in depeession and anxiety, that made me try to commit suicide
Cons
No tolerance for compasion towards sensitive issues you from the management, refuse to talk with the high management about the decisions related to me, no care about the companies actions towards employer's health, no opportunity of defending when you done nothing wrong, no chances to fair treatment