Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

Productive Workplace

2 July 2018
I worked on two occasions in this workplace. I worked a 45 hour week and each day I would rotate fruit and vegetables and ensure all the produce was in good condition. It gave me a fantastic experience of working in a busy customer service environment and the most enjoyable part was definitely meeting new customers each day as they entered the store. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer's abstract queries however it was satisfying being able to assist them.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long Hours
5 August 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Clondalkin
I worked in SuperValu for a very short month. The WORST place to work management have there favorites and try to belittle you all the time. You don’t get paid extra on sundays or bank holidays which is a rip of , I’d be working from 9-3 and someone would call in sick at 3 and management would ask me to stay till 3-11 (off licence shift) even though I’m after been there since 9am!!! And then I’d be back working at 11!!! Also the main manager daughter is only 17 and she had her serving on the till selling smokes and alcohol? Isn’t the legal age 18??
Pros
Cons
Very bad management, don’t get paid for Sunday’s or important days
26 June 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Limerick
It was my first ever job. Great induction process making sure everyone is up to speed with all aspects of the business before being delegated their respective role. Great flexibility and variety within the business
Pros
Discounts
19 January 2017
Same location
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) - Balbriggan, County Dublin
Enjoyable place to work. Friendly and welcoming staff and management. Fast and friendly work place. I gained customer service experience here and retail experience.