Supervalu Ireland

Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

It was a busy store most of the time and there were mostly friendly coworkers. Management has your back when it counts which was really nice. Working with people of all ages so there was a diverse work culture. Hardest part of the job was the monotony of the job. It was affecting my health being on tills all day every day non stop so I often asked to go on the floor and help there when all the tills were taken but management refused and put other people on instead and told me just to stand there. Dealing with all different types of customers was very enjoyable as well as helping people with their shopping as it let me get exercise.
Pros
Good wage; friendly coworkers; management mostly has your back
Cons
Long hours; cold shop; being forced to stay up at the tills despite there being none free
SuperValu was a fun place to work. It was one of the best organizations I'd ever worked for. I really enjoyed coming to work each day. Unfortunately, corporate office decided to re-locate and centralize all accounting functions from Commerce, CA to Ohio in August 2018.
this job definitely have patience flexibility to work with one another As long as you’re there ready to work There will always be a helping hand Cleanest is a must because you’re dealing with food allthe isles had to be clean
Pros
The patients that the company have
Cons
The awls are too small
there was never a dull moment in supervalu. There was always something to do for example on delivery day you'd have tons to be doing. Then on a normal day have plenty to do with tidying shelves
This experience was very good. It taught me a lot about working within a team and working by myself. My organising skills improved and my Communication skills increased drastically
It was a good place to work. One can learn a lot. A tech has the chance to help the end users. The issue could be software of hardware related. It is a good place to work.
Management is cold, distant and disconnected from hourly workers. Different department employees do not interact with each other. Work environment is uncomfortably regimented.
A hole of a place to work.owner of shop rude to staff to.overall bad management .staff treated unfairly.had six mangers in the nine and half years I worked in it
Supportive and friendly management staff. Toughest part of the job was having to resolve custoer complaints. Funnest part of working there is participating with giving back to the community volunteering as a group.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Stressful calls
This company ensures that every customer is satisfied. SuperValu goal is to make sure they are treating customers with dignity and respect. Making groceries at SuperValu, is very family oriented. Employers make sure that customers enjoy their services there.
This job is for people that can kepp up with fast work and can move consistently , I loved this job because to me , I treated it as if it was a work out
Avoid at all cost! Bullying, Isolation, Stressfull and Soul Destroying. Back stabbing, constant talking behind your back, Dirty looks, absolutely no craic. Worst place to work! Absolute Rats! They are all not much better than vermon! Hr was very unapproachable. Just a pure B***H!!!!
Team player and leader can get the work done on time and loce to work wit other in the work environment. Can catch on to anything if shown one an in the correct way
Most every day was data entry. Putting payroll hours into a Peoplesoft. It was a very busy department. Management keep control of all the the wishes and commands of higher management. All the women and men in the department all got along and kept the office a happy place to work everyday.
I worked here for 1 full year, every week it was a fight to stay above my quota -5%. I was able to make my own schedule except mandatory 10 hour Sundays. I really liked everybody I worked with including the supervisors, I just had trouble keeping up the pace. You never stop working and your clock is always running. You would lose time for using the restroom, spilling a pallet or warming up. If you enjoy the grind, this is a great job. But the pressure to keep your standard quota was very real.
Working in supervalu was good for the hours and they could work around your schedule but the salary was very poor and wasnt aload eat your lunch in the canteen unless your bought food from the shop so it was an experience but would not go back there
Cons
Long hours bad salary
Every day was stressful with managers trying to use as little staff as possible to get a big shop looking good. Bad work environment, no one looks out for you. Morale across the board is low, even among lower management. No incentives, no rewards, no staff discounts. Customers can see how badly run and managed it is.
Could not ask for better management and steady work. If you want hours the have them. Many good people and lots of good things to say about them. Would go back in a heart beat
Good work enviroment. Fair wage which was beneficial for me. I enjoyed the overall experience as the hours which I worked in supervalu made it easy for me to study.
Poorly managed most of time, ask you to help cover shifts , then decide to screw you over when you need help, either too much hours or not enough to live on.
I was shown how to do many things in supervalu during the time I was there. Friendly staff. Overall nice place. I unloaded delivery trucks, stacked shelves and many other things while I was there.
  1. Employee reviews