Supervalu Ireland

Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

It was a busy store most of the time and there were mostly friendly coworkers. Management has your back when it counts which was really nice. Working with people of all ages so there was a diverse work culture. Hardest part of the job was the monotony of the job. It was affecting my health being on tills all day every day non stop so I often asked to go on the floor and help there when all the tills were taken but management refused and put other people on instead and told me just to stand there. Dealing with all different types of customers was very enjoyable as well as helping people with their shopping as it let me get exercise.
Pros
Good wage; friendly coworkers; management mostly has your back
Cons
Long hours; cold shop; being forced to stay up at the tills despite there being none free
Very little opportunity for advancement. Compensation below industry standards. SuperValu was purchased by UNFI which turned it into a noninclusive work atmosphere
nothing to say about this company. it is different for every individual that works there. Like any other place, it depends on who you know or who likes you that determines if you will advance within the company.
I like the place. Hours are great if you like the 3 on 3 off kind of schedule. Long days but pays off at the end. Great benefits. The union has alot to offer.
Very poor work cultur. Management is very rude and don't consider your problem while assigning shifts. No work life balance at all. I won't recommend to any one
It's not the worst place in the world to work, it's just frustrating when you don't get credit for the work you do. Also have a lot of problems with wages on a weekly basis.
A high-intensity distribution center focused on maximizing through-put, with very little regard for individual employees. Management quality ranges from very good to downright terrible. Compensation and benefits are good, and if you can keep up with the pace, job security decently high.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
work environment, union shop, poor hours.
working for supervalu wasnt a bad experience handy for someone to earn east money or if wanted a summer job or freshly out of school staff are dealable
Would not recommend this job for anyone but maybe it has changed now because there is a union there now which I think they needed so take your chance
Supervalu is a great place to work for have a lot of potential in different areas of the warehouse I've learned a lot being through the apprenticeship program and I would recommend them to anybody
This place sucks since UNFI took over. We all liked our jobs when it was SuperValu. Now even our managers hate working there, they can't say it but you can tell the difference in the way they act since UNFIT took over..UNFIT don't care about us working class people they just interested in corporate greed and screw the people that make the money for them.
I enjoy my time working at Supervalu. I find the work fast paced and the day is always busy. The work is varied and includes stock taking, packing shelves, helping people pack their shopping and working at the till. I work as part of a team and there is a great sense of friendship and collaboration. We all cooperate to ensure the smooth running of the store. I particularly enjoy meeting customers and being friendly and helpful to all. I respect my manager who has a very challenging role to ensure that the store is adequately staffed, shelves are packed and a high standard of service is provided for all customers. I am always cooperative and flexible. I enjoy being challenged and adapt easily to any new role that I am assigned. I don't find any part of the job difficult. I have learned that the main priority of my job is to ensure that the needs of the customer are always met.
I worked in supervalu for a couple of months and I decided to quit due to the store manager constantly making me feel like I'm a slave and constantly calling me names
A company that will keep you satisfied and stores happy a place with goals and dreams and better opportunities while you are there it great place to work.
Long as you have alot of years invested in the company your future with the company is safe. If you are a new hire or dont have that many years you wont be guaranteed a job in the future.
Family run ..part of the family when trusted .. great team ..great customers ..modern shop with excellent facilities..with real emphasis on fresh food ..
Whilst im sure to many they enjoyed there time working in supervalu i cant say the same, the people i worked with were lovely but i sadly didnt enjoy managemant and ended up clashing with them. But this is my experience and i can not speak for all in this matter.
Smiling helps when your working in an environment like this one. Don't ever get to worked up about not knowing what your doing or not knowing where certain products go because you will catch on eventually.
Will work you like a slave with no appreciation towards employees. District management promoted employees based on the store manager's discretion. If the store manager wanted to get rid of that specific person, that person can/will receive a promotion. Thankless job.
It is a male dominated workplace and as a female it is very diffcult to work here without noticing that is an issue. The computers and systems are outdated. Only joy was my customers over the phone trying to help them.
A typical day at work is going out of your way to complete your job task. You learn different isles and locations throughout the warehouse daily. Management is very helpful and wants to see you strive.
  1. Employee reviews