Supervalu Ireland

Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

It was a busy store most of the time and there were mostly friendly coworkers. Management has your back when it counts which was really nice. Working with people of all ages so there was a diverse work culture. Hardest part of the job was the monotony of the job. It was affecting my health being on tills all day every day non stop so I often asked to go on the floor and help there when all the tills were taken but management refused and put other people on instead and told me just to stand there. Dealing with all different types of customers was very enjoyable as well as helping people with their shopping as it let me get exercise.
Pros
Good wage; friendly coworkers; management mostly has your back
Cons
Long hours; cold shop; being forced to stay up at the tills despite there being none free
The. Managers wernt very good at their job and one was abusing his power and was getting a little rude.the other casheir were nice the customers were lovely i liked working there
They used to pay less than minimum wage. They used to charge 5 euros per week to provide the uniform (second hand uniform). All the shop shelves broke. The owner mean with money.
All and All iwould to work again for SuperValu the company a job you love to come to work everyday and get the job done management where easy to talk to that's what make the job easy.
A part-time warehouse worker/order selector uses voice commands to pick the products, palletize the products, and wrap the pallets using a power pallet jack to navigate the warehouses. These positions work a variety of hours per week depending on business needs as the hours are not guaranteed (may be released early or may be required to work overtime). Starting pay is $22.38/hr.
It is a great place to work if it is your first job. It allows you to get a feel for the responsibility that comes with having a part time job. It provided you with an opportunity to make your own money and start to comprehend how the world operates outside school.
Managers are lazy, constantly walking around on their mobiles when there's work to be done, when you slip up in the slightest your judged, the way they judge you on your work and uniform is ridiculous, your scored on them and it literally makes you feel like a child back in school again. Wouldn't reccomend working there as the pay doesn't match the workload, lads that have been here over 10 years only have been slowly bumped up to 14e an hour. Place is a dive.
The only reason I left because an old boss called me up to take a Bakery Merchandiser job with a supermarket chain in the corporate office. More responsibility and more pay.
Working at supervalu was really a blast to me I loved it and i actually learn alot of new things working there such as learning how to properly function a stand up forklift and stand up pallet jacks
Worked as a deli-assistant using the organisations policies and procedures involving food management and sanitation. Also gained excellent people skills by dealing with customers on a daily basis. I used an efficient and friendly approach when dealing with customers who had queries or were making their orders.
Assistant manager was awful. Was run like a battleship and would not think twice about shouting at you in front of other staff. I have merchandised for a very long time and I knew my job. This woman made me feel like a novice and yet all she did was follow you around and cause problems if not merchandised swiftly.
I worked as the newspaper and magazine accounts person. When I started in 2007 it was a fantastic place to work with a great manager. unfortunately due to recession it was taken over by nama and sold on to what I can only describe as animals. Horrendous environment so unfortunately after about 15 months I had to leave because of such poor working conditions and bullying.
Honestly, The only way that I knew that my supervisors or the corporation at large knew that I existed was because I was cut a check twice a month. It seemed that SuperValu had subscribed to some sort of chaos business model in which the points were made up and the product didn't matter.
Management was okay. didn't have a problem there besides some of my coworkers. Needs more diversity in my department. I learned that some of these jobs will hire anybody.
Work hours can be varied, and employers often do their best to accommodate requests. Little opportunity for promotion within my role. Friendly staff to work with and made great friends during my time there.
Jó fizetés, elég szabadidő. Minden szabályt betartanak.
Pros
Egésznap elérhető konyha kávé, tea, péksütemény, vaj, lekvárok ingyen
Cons
Nincs
This is a good job if you need a year of experience in procurement, inventory analyzation and forecasting. Most likely you will feel frustrated at the 6 month mark, but I would tell you to stick it out. At the one year you will become a Buyer II and get a 10% pay increase. And you get it even if you've had problems. Unfortunately the job and the stifling atmosphere will start to wear on you because it's a losing battle if you want to fix anything in the category you work within. The recent bonus they are dangling to the buyers in hopes of making the constant turnover stop is unknown factor. UNFI Corporate doesn't get information, have concrete or solid numbers to give the Procurement team. The bonus is based on too many outside factors you can't control, and on the whole category, not your work individually. Which in my opinion will only cause friction within a category. Especially when you consider the teams not getting a bonus will only lose more employees and have a faster turnover, therefore that department will never improve. My biggest issue with how the Procurement department is run is four things. 1. Everyone is scared of management and having to talk to the boss. I've witnessed how the head of the department confronts individuals and it is done with a lack of respect. Essentially, they are barked at. The people below him, at least a portion, mimic the same bad behavior so it's cyclical. 2. There is no foresight on what's best for the company. The slogan is "you can only control your desk". I have never witnessed so many professionals only concerned with covering their - more...
coworkers were so kind and helpful and made stressful days a bit more enjoyable. i learned different skills on the tills and with the new Mooch icecream also had some experience on the floor and learned how a shop system works
Not a nice company to work for, after 13 years I was still on minimum wage but expected to do the same things as a manager. Never would you get a thank you for ANYTHING you do for them, your just expected to do it. Stay away if possible, unless you like been taken advantage of
working in supervalu was my first job, it was a good experience and thought me a lot for the world of retail and customer service. the staff, supervisors were all very helpful towards me and other staff members.
It’s a good environment to work in and the craic is good I usually work tills and the floor The management is really good and it is flexible around activities outside of work
  1. Employee reviews