Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews in Dublin

Supervalu Firhouse road
Dublin Firhouse rd (Former Employee) –  Dublin Firhouse rd2 December 2019
They used to pay less than minimum wage. They used to charge 5 euros per week to provide the uniform (second hand uniform). All the shop shelves broke. The owner mean with money.
Lazy managers that expect you to pick up their slack.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 November 2019
Managers are lazy, constantly walking around on their mobiles when there's work to be done, when you slip up in the slightest your judged, the way they judge you on your work and uniform is ridiculous, your scored on them and it literally makes you feel like a child back in school again. Wouldn't reccomend working there as the pay doesn't match the workload, lads that have been here over 10 years only have been slowly bumped up to 14e an hour. Place is a dive.
strong customer focused enivronment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2019
I enjoyed my time while working as a sales assistant at Supervalu. I found they had a strong emphasis on customer focus and making sure the customer always had an excellent shopping experience so that they would come back each time and thus the company would retain loyal customers. They carried out good HR policies and procedures and strong performance management procedures which i value and appreciate as a HR student myself. There was always a good atmosphere and all employees got on extremely well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing familiar faces return each week and interacting with them each time. I love helping customers and seeing them leave the store satisfied with the service and their experience.
Horrible
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2019
Horrible place to work full time can get 10 hours one week or 40 the next no chance in been able to get rent or a mortgage through working here management are useless aswell.
Management not great
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2019
Managers mostly look out for themselves and their click. Working with most of the staff is great as well as working with the public. Pay isn't that good.
Great staff
Shop Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 September 2019
I only worked part time so I was Mostly in work evenings for 5 or 6 hour shifts, the most enjoyable post of the job for me would have definitely been my coworkers
Gone to the dogs
Sales assistant (full time) (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 August 2019
I uses to work for supervalu its was a great job at the start and then a new manger took over and thats where the trouble started shouting at staff members kicking stock and green crates and this was the shop manager. The management has a culture of bullying and has done nothing to stop it. Its all about money now not staff at all like at the start avoid working here if possible
Great
Ireland / Store Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2019
Interacted with the customers to resolve their queries related to the product.
Managed inventory
Greeted customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
Opened and closed cash registers.
Performed tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
Improvedreputation,serviceandhighstandardsofthestore.
Do not work here
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 April 2019
you get paid really bad and you are treated like slaves. you get no free lunches, there is no staff and the management is horrible to younger staff members
Pros
there is none
Cons
long hours, bad pay, horrible management
Once you know the tricks, nothing changes
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Churchtown,Dublin24 January 2019
I worked part-time in the butchery department and enjoyed every minute. It was not a job that I envisioned myself doing but am better off learning about the industry and how it works.
Pros
worked well with college timetable
Good Start-Up Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
My first job.

I gained a large experience in face to face customer communication, & can credit Supervalu with acquiring that skill

Job itself was not challenging, & ultimately I had to move on.

Good starting point for a student/post school
Pros
Good Employee Spirit
Cons
No Focus on Moral. No Promotional Incentive. No Bonus. UNdesirable Working Hours
Ok for a part-time job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2018
Supervalu was ok for a part-time job. I enjoyed who I worked with but didnt find managment helpful and the wages were not liveable. Hours ect were fine.
Pros
Distance.
Cons
Wages
it's a nice workplace.
Retain Trainee (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2018
My 2nd work experience was in Supervalu, Lorcan Ave, Santry, Whitehall, Dublin 9. I put stocks on the shelves and I helped customers find what they need. I also work with the staff if they need me to do anything. It helped my communication skills.
everything worked out well at the end and I hope to work there again soon!
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Not great but not bad, somewhere in between for me personally
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 March 2018
A typical day at work for me is always easygoing but busy. I have learnt how to deal with difficult people diplomatically and provide a great shopping experience to my customers. I have also learned to enjoy organisational roles and responsibilities such as taking care of my till, signing deliveries of stock and delivering newspapers back to suppliers at the end of a night.

The hardest part of the job can be sometimes juggling my hours and my private life, but for the most part management has been fair with me. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people, experiencing a great feeling of community as you prepare the shop for opening in the morning.
Pros
Easy tasks, opportunity to connect with people
Cons
Long hours, occasional problems with rosters
SuperValu palmerstown
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2018
SuperValu is a great place for a part time job for pocket money but as regards full time isn’t ideal as you don’t get paid much for the work you do if you wore running a family I’m young now and have no family and would like to get something better for long term
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay
Great place to get work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2018
A typical day in the shop: busy during rush hours, a lot work to keep the place running smoothly.
I have learned how to work in a fast work environment.
Grand
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 December 2017
Not a bad place to work, easy job, busy during christmas but helps the time fly. Working on your feet in the kiosk for hours can be tough but apart from that great place to work.
good
Cashier / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 November 2017
It was important to ensure everything was in order especially on the busy period of the year such as Christmas when the demand on our warehouse products was higher than usual.
Communication between my co-workers and I was cruicial for the above mentioned to be achieved in a timely manner and orders made with no errors.
great atmosphere
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 August 2017
Supervalu is a great workplace with a great atmosphere. other staff all work very well together and treat everybody equally. days were typically long, but i learned what it is like to work in a working enviroment.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
long working days
Friendly
Cash office / cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2017
I could never say anything bad about working here as its a fun place to work. Every day you meet new people and sometimes you could be the only thing that makes them smile that day. The management are brilliant and love to see you get on well with the customers. The people that you work with turn into your second family. The hardest part of this job is to leave but unfortunately things have to change.
Pros
Staff cards