Supervalu Ireland

Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews in Dublin

I enjoyed my work experience in supervalu
I was shown how to do many things in supervalu during the time I was there. Friendly staff. Overall nice place. I unloaded delivery trucks, stacked shelves and many other things while I was there.
Unreliable
Poorly managed most of time, ask you to help cover shifts , then decide to screw you over when you need help, either too much hours or not enough to live on.
Hard Working Envirenment
Always busy, management can be so poor with communication and rolling up the sleeves. Work crazy hours over christmas period and don't get the time back
Poor
Very poor work cultur.
Management is very rude and don't consider your problem while assigning shifts. No work life balance at all. I won't recommend to any one
Supervalu Firhouse road
They used to pay less than minimum wage. They used to charge 5 euros per week to provide the uniform (second hand uniform). All the shop shelves broke. The owner mean with money.
Lazy managers that expect you to pick up their slack.
Managers are lazy, constantly walking around on their mobiles when there's work to be done, when you slip up in the slightest your judged, the way they judge you on your work and uniform is ridiculous, your scored on them and it literally makes you feel like a child back in school again. Wouldn't reccomend working there as the pay doesn't match the workload, lads that have been here over 10 years only have been slowly bumped up to 14e an hour. Place is a dive.
Poorly Managed Workplace but fair to staff
Typical sales job with typical dealings with customers. Easy to get time off if needed and a good student job but poorly managed. Management were very fair to staff but there was little communication between departments and they would create new rules periodically and reverse them quickly making the job inconsistent and caused much confusion
strong customer focused enivronment
I enjoyed my time while working as a sales assistant at Supervalu. I found they had a strong emphasis on customer focus and making sure the customer always had an excellent shopping experience so that they would come back each time and thus the company would retain loyal customers. They carried out good HR policies and procedures and strong performance management procedures which i value and appreciate as a HR student myself. There was always a good atmosphere and all employees got on extremely well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing familiar faces return each week and interacting with them each time. I love helping customers and seeing them leave the store satisfied with the service and their experience.
Horrible
Horrible place to work full time can get 10 hours one week or 40 the next no chance in been able to get rent or a mortgage through working here management are useless aswell.
Management not great
Managers mostly look out for themselves and their click. Working with most of the staff is great as well as working with the public. Pay isn't that good.
Great staff
I only worked part time so I was Mostly in work evenings for 5 or 6 hour shifts, the most enjoyable post of the job for me would have definitely been my coworkers
Gone to the dogs
I uses to work for supervalu its was a great job at the start and then a new manger took over and thats where the trouble started shouting at staff members kicking stock and green crates and this was the shop manager. The management has a culture of bullying and has done nothing to stop it. Its all about money now not staff at all like at the start avoid working here if possible
Great
Interacted with the customers to resolve their queries related to the product.
Managed inventory

Greeted customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.

Opened and closed cash registers.

Performed tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.

Improvedreputation,serviceandhighstandardsofthestore.
Do not work here
you get paid really bad and you are treated like slaves. you get no free lunches, there is no staff and the management is horrible to younger staff members
Pros
there is none
Cons
long hours, bad pay, horrible management
Once you know the tricks, nothing changes
I worked part-time in the butchery department and enjoyed every minute. It was not a job that I envisioned myself doing but am better off learning about the industry and how it works.
Pros
worked well with college timetable
Good Start-Up Job
My first job.

I gained a large experience in face to face customer communication, & can credit Supervalu with acquiring that skill

Job itself was not challenging, & ultimately I had to move on.

Good starting point for a student/post school
Pros
Good Employee Spirit
Cons
No Focus on Moral. No Promotional Incentive. No Bonus. UNdesirable Working Hours
Ok for a part-time job.
Supervalu was ok for a part-time job. I enjoyed who I worked with but didnt find managment helpful and the wages were not liveable. Hours ect were fine.
Pros
Distance.
Cons
Wages
Lovely atmosphere
It was a great place to work, I made lots of friends, and I have learnt how to deal with difficult customers. The shop has a really nice atmosphere where customers feel welcome.
it's a nice workplace.
My 2nd work experience was in Supervalu, Lorcan Ave, Santry, Whitehall, Dublin 9. I put stocks on the shelves and I helped customers find what they need. I also work with the staff if they need me to do anything. It helped my communication skills.
everything worked out well at the end and I hope to work there again soon!
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Not great but not bad, somewhere in between for me personally
A typical day at work for me is always easygoing but busy. I have learnt how to deal with difficult people diplomatically and provide a great shopping experience to my customers. I have also learned to enjoy organisational roles and responsibilities such as taking care of my till, signing deliveries of stock and delivering newspapers back to suppliers at the end of a night.

The hardest part of the job can be sometimes juggling my hours and my private life, but for the most part management has been fair with me. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to people, experiencing a great feeling of community as you prepare the shop for opening in the morning.
Pros
Easy tasks, opportunity to connect with people
Cons
Long hours, occasional problems with rosters
SuperValu palmerstown
SuperValu is a great place for a part time job for pocket money but as regards full time isn’t ideal as you don’t get paid much for the work you do if you wore running a family I’m young now and have no family and would like to get something better for long term
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay