Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews in Kildare

2.9Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
Good
Part-time Supervisor of the checkout tills (Former Employee) –  Kildare18 May 2019
Supervalu is a good job, constantly in contact with interesting characters doing their shopping. Being a supervisor was tougher with the more responsibilities but I enjoyed taking on the role and learning new things. I also enjoyed training new people in, and being someone every knew they could come to with queries or worries in the work place. Dealing with customer complaints can be a difficult situation depending on the customer, but I found once you stayed calm and nice to the customers the queries were not that bad. Dealing with money was one of the most enjoyable parts of the jobs, because I love maths, dealing with safe and till counts was always enjoyable.
To be nice to contomers
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kildare13 February 2017
I was stacking foods had to emtry cardboard boxs hard always ony feet needed to know to put it in right place had to be nice to customers
Pros
Loved stack i ng
Cons
To long ypur feet
Good Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kildare26 July 2016
Very healthy environment with kind and supporting staff members.
Though days are repetitive, Learning new skills from different situations proved to be very beneficial for future opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the day was speaking to customers and the hardest part was moving big items.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Great enviroment
Shelf Stocker/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Kildare11 June 2016
Great environment,
Very helpful if needed.
Safe and clean work place.
Great teaching and learning new employees.
Very demanding.
Co workers are pleasant and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
discount
Cons
Lovely environment to work.
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Kildare17 September 2014
Supervalu is a great place to work. Each morning we set up the fresh food counters and cook the fresh hot food and fresh bread. I have learned a lot about myself while being in this position, I am a strong person and I know what i want. I am a proud person and i love to have my department kept to the highest standard. Myself and the management team have a great relationship and we are a great team, my co-workers are great, we all work well as a team as well as individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the result of all of our hard work when we reach our sales targets, get top results in our mystery shopper audits and get results in our hygiene audits.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Tiring after a long busy day.