Supervalu Ireland
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews in Naas, County Kildare

Naas, County Kildare3 reviews
I worked in Supervalu as a cashier and sometimes on the shop floor stocking shelves.A typical day at work involved attending to customers queries and working at the checkouts. I enjoyed this work because I got to meet new and interesting people everyday. the management staff were overall very friendly towards me and made me feel comfortable although communication was quite weak at times.
Pros
learning how to manage cash
Cons
lack of communication
Fellow employees were all fantastic, super friendly and welcoming. Most socialize outside of work and would regularly invite new people along. Management is very old minded, they could do with fresh young thinkers. Most members of management are related to the store owners. The owners son struts around the store in a suit in a very unapproachable manner. HR promise to sign you up to training at interview stage but nothing eventuates. HR and Management refuse to pay overtime but you are expected to work it atleast weekly. The Rushe’s do not understand if your employee’s are happy there productivity goes up. The deli and butcher department are forced to cover things up when FSAI turn up and if the inspector did a better job the whole store would be closed down.
Pros
Good breaks, Work colleagues are really friendly, Paid for the hours your rostered to work every week
Cons
Bad management, Minimum wage, Does not pay overtime, No store discount but your expected to buy from the store
While at supervalu I realised that the management was very poor along with the pay. They hired young staff and used loop holes in the law to make sure your payed less then minimum wage for at least 2 years!
Pros
Young enviorment
Cons
Terrible pay