Supervalu Ireland

Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews for Baker

Baker5 reviews
Ireland5 reviews
Always busy never a moment were your just standing.
I have learned an extreme amount we were left without a manager for over a year due to health issues, as a team we worked and ran the department exceeding sales week by week. I played a big part in this change I took on doing the orders daily even on my days off. I had update offers on the computer and print and check stock takes and weekly waste.

At times the work environment got a slight hectic as we did not have sole manager over our department at times we got on each others nerves but it was always resolved and for that reason our team grew stronger and we worked even better together.

The management over all were never supportive, when things got stressful and staff were ringing in sick we had to take it upon our self's to sort it out. There were days were I would do a twelve hour shift and even work right through the week with no day off.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it, I had to do this for myself as I was not appreciated enough for all I done, I done the job of a manager and never once was I given a pay rise or shown the appreciation for a job well done.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the customers, I had built great relationships and for that reason alone they shopped with us.
Pros
great staff and loving customers
Cons
pay did not reflect my work
zero care about the employees, Just slavery here. New staff get bullied by the senior staff. Management dosent care about it. too much work load given to be completed within only few hours
Pros
Cons
plenty
No training giving when starting. Expected to know what to do when not trained. The pay is shockingly bad to the job, it’s a very heavy work place for only minimum wage. Having to work during lunches and after finishing and not getting paid. But will be docked wages if late by only 1 minute. It’s 40 degrees in the stock room with no ac or drinking water throughout the store. The staff are all set into clicks and bully young new staff. Management will only stand up for the longest lasting staff members.
Pros
Cons
Bad wage.
If you want to have a job offered to you falsely this is the place, the most unfriendly horrible staff in a bakery that I have ever come across!! Stay away!
Pros
Leave
Cons
on a night shift I would lay out all of the things I need, then get started on the cakes.
when the cakes are done I then make sure everything is put into the counter and presented well.

the I clean up and prep for the following day.

on a day shift I go in and I am given a list of things that need to be done for example make breadcrumbs or to pack away certain breads or cakes.

while doing this I serve the customers and take orders.

once I am finished the list of things I then proceed to clean the bakery while all the time making sure that there are no customers waiting to be served.

when the day is done I pack all of the cakes from the cabinet into small boxes and put them out on the floor where customers can continue to buy them.

I then do one last clean up before it is time to go.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supervalu Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.