Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews for Bakery Assistant

3.3Job Security & Advancement
The stores I worked for were very understaffed and not well managed
Bakery Operative, Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalkey, County Dublin22 August 2019
While we had staff managers refused to give existing staff the hours they needed and opted to hire more staff than the shop could handle. Leading to a lack of hours for full time staff.
The management skills of the store manager were very lacking and he felt a need to try intimidate staff by cutting hours and "miscalculating" pay
Cons
Hours. Pay. Training. Management.
Poor place to work
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuam, County Galway12 June 2017
I wouldn't recommend working with this company. They pay young staff below the minimum wage and management for the most part were very strict and annoying.
productive and busy and friendly
Deli and bakery assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballinamore,Co.Leitrim23 July 2012
A typical day at work was that when you started work you didnt stop till you were finished. You were constantly busy doing something,from cooking the products and displaying to general hygine of the area. while in this position I learnt alot about customer care and how a shop is managed.In the position I was in, you learnt to work as a team, as it was important for the smooth running of the area. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisifaction you received from the customers,when they received a good service.
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
understaffed at times