Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews for Butchery Assistant

All the promised but no follow through
Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare8 April 2019
Fellow employees were all fantastic, super friendly and welcoming. Most socialize outside of work and would regularly invite new people along.

Management is very old minded, they could do with fresh young thinkers. Most members of management are related to the store owners. The owners son struts around the store in a suit in a very unapproachable manner.

HR promise to sign you up to training at interview stage but nothing eventuates. HR and Management refuse to pay overtime but you are expected to work it atleast weekly.

The Rushe’s do not understand if your employee’s are happy there productivity goes up.

The deli and butcher department are forced to cover things up when FSAI turn up and if the inspector did a better job the whole store would be closed down.
Pros
Good breaks, Work colleagues are really friendly, Paid for the hours your rostered to work every week
Cons
Bad management, Minimum wage, Does not pay overtime, No store discount but your expected to buy from the store
Good interesting line of work, bad management.
Assistant Butcher - Assistant Deli Server (Former Employee) –  Donegal Town, County Donegal29 January 2017
interesting line of work in the butchers counter, alot of skills amounted because of it. Uncoordinated management and lack of communication made it un fun to work there.
Quite a poor place to work
part-time butcher's assistant (Former Employee) –  mayo20 January 2017
I worked here for a few months before having a workplace accident. I nearly severed my thumb. I received absolutely no training on how to cut meat, clean knives etc etc. Only after my accident did I get trained. I could and probably should have sued them.
I also got paid less than 7 euro an hour (aged 19) due to some loophole, as I was a 'trainee' and not an employee. Ironic, as I got no training until it was too late.
I found a lot of the staff to be really old-fashioned, small-town mentality etc. Racist, homophobic, misogynist.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, got no training, some stupid staff.