Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews for Cashier

Really bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killiney, County Dublin11 November 2019
Not a nice company to work for, after 13 years I was still on minimum wage but expected to do the same things as a manager. Never would you get a thank you for ANYTHING you do for them, your just expected to do it. Stay away if possible, unless you like been taken advantage of
Job
Cashier duties (Current Employee) –  Galway27 September 2019
Do love the people i work with and the customers. I just dont think they pay their staff enough or reward them for taking on other jobs. Everyone works together as part of a team.
Cons
Pay
Lovely colleagues, demanding work
Online/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin8 May 2019
Typically asked to stay late/ go to work early. Managers are not happy to work around college timetables, especially around exams. However. much training is provided at the start of employment which makes it a lot easier to first start a job here. Decent pay, however many colleagues were getting more for the same work carried out. Many tough customer situations to deal with daily but it is easy to discover how to deal with them with experience
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unpredictable and long hours
Friendly and efficient work environment
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland17 July 2018
checkouts, learned a lot about communication and building customer relationships. learning about he variety of products available and being able to explain the rewards programme. co-operative management and peers.
Fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deans Grange, County Dublin22 January 2018
Learned customer service skills and how to work with people
Laid back and friendly environment
Made lots of friends
Hardest part of job was juggling work and school
Friendly
Cash office / cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 August 2017
I could never say anything bad about working here as its a fun place to work. Every day you meet new people and sometimes you could be the only thing that makes them smile that day. The management are brilliant and love to see you get on well with the customers. The people that you work with turn into your second family. The hardest part of this job is to leave but unfortunately things have to change.
Pros
Staff cards
Difficult place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2017
Not happy to work there at all. Family renting the business name. As family business they haven't been dealing justly with their staff at all.. Bad experience with bullying, a lot of stress at the end health issues
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 February 2017
i found supervalu a great place to work . the hours where very reasonable and the management and staff where second to none
Great workplace and people.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin19 October 2016
I enjoyed my time working in Supervalu but now I look forward to working in a more challenging environment and improving the skills that I have learned from my previous workplaces.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not challenging
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  tallaght11 October 2014
Working for Supevalu was fun and enjoyable, The staff are very helpful to one another which gave a wonderful atmosphere to the shop.
Cons
salary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Naas, KE24 June 2014
I worked in Supervalu as a cashier and sometimes on the shop floor stocking shelves.A typical day at work involved attending to customers queries and working at the checkouts. I enjoyed this work because I got to meet new and interesting people everyday. the management staff were overall very friendly towards me and made me feel comfortable although communication was quite weak at times.
Pros
learning how to manage cash
Cons
lack of communication
Good learning enviromnent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Caisleáñ Ui Chonaill, LK18 June 2014
A typical day at SuperValu would include me having a 5 hour shift where I would be either assigned to tills or customer service. I would stay at the cash register and help out customers until closing. Then I would count and float the till for the next day, I would face off the shop before going home.
I learnt how to use a cash register, I learnt how to count it up after my shift and float it for the next day. I learnt how to use the lotto machine and float it. I learnt how to work as part of a team.
Management was efficient and helpful. They watched over all the tills and helped out when there was a difficult customer. they were very approachable when there was problems.
My favourite part of the job was helping the customers find what the need.
Pros
Nice co-workers, good cohesive working environment
Cons
Work hours were not flexible
Enjoyable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laois2 April 2014
I serve customers and help them with questions they may have. I clean the shop and stock shelves.
I have learned how to use a till, good customer service skills and also how a shop is run.
I get all well with all of my co-workers , they are all friendly and helpful.
Pros
Happy enviornmet
Enjoyable work.
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Clonakilty Co. Cork19 November 2013
A normal typical day at work was just sitting on a checkout and serving the customers as helping them at the same time. What i have learned from this job was a good communications with all my clients and also good communications with the manegement. The most hardest part of the job was when it was really busy there was not that many girls on checkouts and it was really hard to keep all the customers happy on the day. The most enjoyable part in Super Value was when i had a chance to learn everything in cutomer service.
You will always have work to do.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, Co.Kildare4 September 2013
Supervalu was a great place to work. you will learn many skills as how to work in each department as you could be moved but i found this greatly beneficial.
Everyone is lovely to work with and the management are very understand and also great to get along with.
The hardest part was going from different departments but that was also the most enjoyable aspect of it.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
May not always get a day off you are suppose to
Good Place to work
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavan8 May 2013
I had a great valuable experience working for this company, I meet lots of new people and learned lots of new skills. I learned how to deal with different types of people e.g Stubborn people, Rude People etc. And how to handle the situatuion and not get worked up.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Bad wages
Ignorant
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cavan27 November 2012
It is grand at start. But very ignorant workers. Wrong prices and whinging customers. I learned a lot about sales. Management was rude. Hardest part is listening to customers whinging about wrong prices. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people
Pros
breaks
Cons
short hours
i enjoyed working as a checkout operator and meeting people everyday.
checkout operator (Former Employee) –  kilkenny5 September 2012
i was responsible for my daily cash on the checkout and helping people with any quieres regarding their shopping. i enjoyed working as part of team and meeting people on a daily basis.
Pros
working as part of a team