Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Supervalu
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killiney, County Dublin18 April 2018
Good place to work if your in college or school but terrible pay and no incentives to progress. Family atmosphere but can get tough to work for. Enjoyed my years there as it helped me on my feet during college but they pay is terrible and higher management like the owner aren't the nicest. Staff all nice include store managers I will always be thankful for the job and experience I gained with them.
Pros
Hours given to those who want them
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, overworked
good
Cashier / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 November 2017
It was important to ensure everything was in order especially on the busy period of the year such as Christmas when the demand on our warehouse products was higher than usual.
Communication between my co-workers and I was cruicial for the above mentioned to be achieved in a timely manner and orders made with no errors.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 June 2017
A typical day would include dealing with unforeseen customer problems and inquiries. Liaising with managers and operating as part of a large floor team. Depending on the department, work could include the cleaning of floors, utensils, shelves as well as the replenishing, rotating and organising of stock. Cashiers deal with large amounts of money throughout the day. At the end of each day, across all departments, preparation is made for the next shift.
i love working with SuperValu
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 April 2017
As I started my career as a fresher for sales in SuperValu, I learned a lot of things and I'm still learning something every day.
I love working with SuperValu
Very fast paced work place. I enjoy working with the public on a daily basis and meeting new people
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballymun, County Dublin20 March 2017
While I enjoy working in supervalu I would love to go back to working in an office. I am used to hard word so this won't be a problem for me and I enjoy meeting new people this is something I do on a daily basis working in supervalu . The shop is very busy always as it's the only supermarket in Ballymun we have to cater for all of the people in the area. The staff and management are very friendly and very helpful in the work place
Pros
The staff are a great bunch to work with
Cons
Shift work
Fun working place
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballymun, County Dublin22 February 2017
Great inspiration and lovely environment to work in. I really enjoyed my time here as i learned a lot of valuable skills and worked in a environment which enabled me to meet a lot of different people.
Hard and draining
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sligo (Urban), County Sligo19 January 2017
I work here on two occasions as the manager that was in charge was not a god people person, and there was no pleasing or lean way with him at all. I would go out of my way to do my job and more and yet it just seemed I was the run around I wasn't respected and neither were my work colleges and lot left before and after me.
Pros
It was close to were I lived
Cons
Long hours, no respect and no holidays
Good place for experience
Sales Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbeyleix, County Laois9 December 2016
The pay for me was very poor as i was earning minimum wage for a person under 18. When i turned 18 i was told that i would not be paid minimum wage for an adult as it was my first job. This was a disincentive to work there after i turned 18. There was, and has always been, a very high staff turnover and low job security for permanent employees.
Pros
The sales experience
Cons
Bad pay and not treated very well by management
Easy-going work enviroment
Cashier and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath28 June 2016
A typical day at work for me in Athlone SuperValu would depend on which shift I was working.
In the morning it would start with cleaning the coffee machine and getting all of the tills cleaned and organised. Then I would proceed to work on the tills for the remainder of my shift.
For the evening shift, I would go straight to the tills, then do a till read after the shop had closed and place the tills in the office.

From working at Athlone SuperValu, I have learned how important team work is and how maintaining friendships with other co-workers makes work easier and fun.

Management always treated all of the staff with respect and if we ever had any issues, they were always dealt with straight away.

Myself and my co-workers have formed friendships for life. One of my favourite things about going into work was seeing my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, was learning not to take a rude customer personally. I just kept smiling and remained calm and polite.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely nice comments from customers, e.g. "You have a lovely smile" and "You always provide great service here". Those comments would make my week! It was great to know that customers enjoyed coming into the shop and having a chat with you.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Sometimes understaffed
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare27 June 2016
Supervalu had a nice work environment and the managers ensured that everyone was productive. I enjoyed the people I worked with and they made it a lot easier to get through the day. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that everything was up to standard because management expected the best of their employees everyday, all day. This is definitely not a bad thing though because customers often complimented how well the shop was run and how presentable is was.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
productive and an enjoyable work space
cashier and sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway1 June 2016
I enjoyed working here although the hours were not flexible enough for me as the day consisted of long hurs that would some times over ride my previously stated work hours.
Supervalu, cashier
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D1 October 2015
During my time working in supervalue, i gained experience of working with customers. I served custimes promptly on a daily basis. I attended to floor duties on busy days and did stock take.