Supervalu Ireland

Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews for Floor Staff

Floor Staff15 reviews
Ireland15 reviews
This experience was very good. It taught me a lot about working within a team and working by myself. My organising skills improved and my Communication skills increased drastically
It is a great place to work if it is your first job. It allows you to get a feel for the responsibility that comes with having a part time job. It provided you with an opportunity to make your own money and start to comprehend how the world operates outside school.
The HR manager was horrible to work with , the shop manager was a bully amd extremely nasty and the pay is awful with some people over the age of 18 below minimum wage which is highly unfair because they give them more hours for less pay.
Starts off by stocking shelves for a few hours and then in approximately the last hour you face off all the products in the shop.
Management is very good and are very helpful when it comes to issues.
In this job i was inexplicably let go as there was money problems in the store that we were not told about i was only given 4 days notice before being let go
Enjoyed my time working at SuperValu . I made great friends working here while improving my overall job skills and people skills. I recommend SuperValu as a place of work
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
No benefits
Job is quite easy and other can have good chats with other employees. Job gets repetitive and a bit boring, but its easy to have a social live as there are many sound employees who you can swap days with if need be.
Typical work day involves dealing with customer inquiries, stacking shelves, co-operating with other employees to complete work and reporting to management after a task has been completed.
I love working for SuperValu. They know how to treat staff fairly and well. Management is lovely and understands human needs. Work is rewarding and there are opportunities to advance. was pregnant before I started working there (told them after the tree month mark) and they were very amenable with my work rota (changed my hours to what I asked for changed me to checkouts). Cannot wait to go back to work. Staff are friendly and HR is approachable and deals with all concerns. Pay is okay but goes up the longer you work there! Has great customer service relations. Chance to work in all sectors of the job. Your legal rights are protected with this job!
Pros
Lovely management, lovely staff, understandable
Cons
Minumium wage, but does increase the longer you're there
-A typical day of work for me at SuperValu has the same duration as my school day of the week.
-Although it is a fun job I learned so far that I wouldn't enjoy working here permanently.

-The management is great, I'm given a task and once I have it completed I will go to one of the duty managers and ask for another task and another one is given to complete but that is the nature of work experience and not a part-time job.

-All co-workers are very good, they are good help when it is needed and don't sit around and do nothing.

-Although it is not the most difficult job, price checking is probably the most tedious job to do.
Working in supervalu gives a great experience of how supermarkets work and what is needed to obtain a great work experience and a great workplace.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
I work on the shop floor and the tills. When on the shop floor i packed shelves and helped customers with there shopping. when on the tills i would help the customers finalize the purchases
Cons
awkward hours
I enjoyed my time in Supervalu. Because I lived in the local area it wasnt hard settling in I knew everyone who worked there and also the locals who came into the shop.
They know how to treat to the employee. Good enviroment and place to work. Good comunication with the managers. Highly recomended
Supervalu is where I started off my working career and I very much enjoyed working there and I also enjoyed meeting and greeting new customers and especially the staff were always so friendly which was a huge bonus to add. I always went to work with a smile and always left work with a smile on my face. I learned how the shopping industry is done and how to deal with customers in a nice mannerly way and it helped me improve on my communication and teamwork skills.
Pros
friendly staff, friendly community.
Cons
i could not think of any cons as i enjoyed working there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supervalu Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.