Supervalu Ireland

Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Stressful work place
Working in supervalu was good for the hours and they could work around your schedule but the salary was very poor and wasnt aload eat your lunch in the canteen unless your bought food from the shop so it was an experience but would not go back there
Cons
Long hours bad salary
I enjoyed my work experience in supervalu
I was shown how to do many things in supervalu during the time I was there. Friendly staff. Overall nice place. I unloaded delivery trucks, stacked shelves and many other things while I was there.
Great
Interacted with the customers to resolve their queries related to the product.
Managed inventory

Greeted customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.

Opened and closed cash registers.

Performed tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.

Improvedreputation,serviceandhighstandardsofthestore.
Some nice staff, terrible top management
No set hours, even though you have a contract, you might only get 12 hours some weeks, and then 30 hours another week. Too many new staff been taken on, and then he starts given them all the hours, and cuts all the other people's hours. Too much favouritism for 1 staff member in particular, so very low morale. No praise, only great to criticise. No internal rewards or raises in wages, only the minimum. Would be a great store to work in, if we had a proper boss/ manager over us
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Bad bad management
Bad workplace
I worked here for 10 months got the worst hours bad pay never put you full time give you hours like 2-10 3 times a week then 6-1 wouldn't go back they bully young people in SUPERVALU LUCAN wousnt work there if I was paid triple what I got
Pros
Nothing free
Best Job I've ever had!
Absolutely amazing environment. Started there in June and I couldn't be happier. Not only are the management great, my co-workers are some of the nicest people I've ever met. After a month of working there, I asked would it be possible to receive more hours, and not even a week later I got them. The benefits are great, my paycheck is great. Couldn't of asked for a better experience. 10/10 :)
Pros
Excellent management, great hours
Work Experience
I had one weeks work experience with Supervalu Thomastown in 2016. It was an enjoyable experience. The Staff were very helpful.
I learned a lot during my time in Supervalu.
Good atmosphere
Very nice people to work with. Great atmosphere. Great communication between staff and customers. Helpful. Cleaning the back, stacking Shelfs. Face checking.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Supervalu Ireland?
great place to work
I worked in Supervalu over a two year period. I got on very well with all my co-workers. I never had any problems with supervisors/management and my time there was a very happy time. I made lifelong friends.
Pros
days off during the week
Busy store
Worked for few months pending morning to other town. Customer service and cash handling. Working with a busy team in a busy store. Many management and supervisory staff on floor.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lovely supervisor, manager...
SuperValu palmerstown
SuperValu is a great place for a part time job for pocket money but as regards full time isn’t ideal as you don’t get paid much for the work you do if you wore running a family I’m young now and have no family and would like to get something better for long term
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay
really fun
all of the staff are very nice and friendly, they are also very warm and supportive we are all like a big family. For me the most enjoyable part was customers and staff i cant hold them in a high enough regard.
Pros
Discount lunches
great atmosphere
Supervalu is a great workplace with a great atmosphere. other staff all work very well together and treat everybody equally. days were typically long, but i learned what it is like to work in a working enviroment.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
long working days
Productive and customer based environment
I enjoyed doing work experience in this shop. I was working for around six hours. I was stacking the shelves, keeping the shop clean and doing what I was asked to do. I learned how to work with customers and work with work colleagues better. I enjoyed working with customers, tidying the products on the shelves and when they let me do the price checks and order products. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes.
enjoyable workplace
I learned a lot on my 2 weeks work experience in this placement. I love to work with people and customers. I learned how impotant pulling up foods are and what to do when an incident occurs. I learned great communication skills and learned how to work on my own initative. I learned it is very important to be in and on time everyday.
Very enjoyable and overall good experience
- Sign in and start unloading whatever packages has to be unloaded, when I finish this I would proceed in whatever task has to be complete assigned for that day.
- How retail works and how retail is behind closed curtains and how to proparly interact with customers.

-Management was amazing, really fair and they cared about there staff.

- I got on so well with my co-workers and I have made friends from my work place that I'm still very close to.

-The hardest part of the job was the cleaning process but even at that is was fine and I did not mind it.

- I enjoyed the over all experience with working in retail and learning new things, meeting people and over all committing to the job.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
limit room for development
Fun and enjoyable
Learning to deal with customers and stacking shelf's and working the check out. Cleaning and team work. Time management. Communication skills. Customer service.
Pros
Lovely team
horrible managment
Always did my work, yet everything according to the two managers was wrong wrong wrong. The team I worked with were very nice and productive on the floor, yet the managers made the job extremely difficult
busy.
a typical day would consist of packing stock on shelves, helping customer, crushing the rubbish in the crusher machine and facing off the items on the shelves.
Pros
tips for helping customers to their cars.
Cons
too many stairs
Since starting at Suoervalu I have been Backstore assistant which consists of...
*Delivery checking which included checking delivery drivers in, checking deliveries of, docket control.

*Opening the store for early morning delivery's to arrive.

*Temperature control on fridges and freezers in store and in stockroom.

*Restocking the shelves

*Delivery driver.
Pros
delivery checking, early morning starts
Cons
hours
it wasnt to hard. people were very nice
I worked in super value as part of my course got to meet customers in real life situations even hard situations, it was a good place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supervalu Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9