Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cahersiveen, County Kerry13 November 2019
coworkers were so kind and helpful and made stressful days a bit more enjoyable. i learned different skills on the tills and with the new Mooch icecream also had some experience on the floor and learned how a shop system works
strong customer focused enivronment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 October 2019
I enjoyed my time while working as a sales assistant at Supervalu. I found they had a strong emphasis on customer focus and making sure the customer always had an excellent shopping experience so that they would come back each time and thus the company would retain loyal customers. They carried out good HR policies and procedures and strong performance management procedures which i value and appreciate as a HR student myself. There was always a good atmosphere and all employees got on extremely well together. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing familiar faces return each week and interacting with them each time. I love helping customers and seeing them leave the store satisfied with the service and their experience.
Management not great
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 September 2019
Managers mostly look out for themselves and their click. Working with most of the staff is great as well as working with the public. Pay isn't that good.
Supervalu Kilbarry
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterford16 September 2019
Management very unreasonable.
No hours available.
Staff discount & Christmas bonus excellent
Colleagues like family
Holidays 4 wks a year
Own brand Excellent
Pros
Friends
Cons
No hours
Great for students seeking a part time job
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulla, County Clare24 August 2019
A great job while attending college. They allowed for very flexible hours and were very accommodating when time was needed off for study. I really enjoyed working here.
Gone to the dogs
Sales assistant (full time) (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 August 2019
I uses to work for supervalu its was a great job at the start and then a new manger took over and thats where the trouble started shouting at staff members kicking stock and green crates and this was the shop manager. The management has a culture of bullying and has done nothing to stop it. Its all about money now not staff at all like at the start avoid working here if possible
Christmas temporary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin22 June 2019
Did christmas temporary staff and none of us were hired again after the week, we were some of the only ones left in on Christmas eve, younger staff members lovely but the older ones werent.Terrible hours no weekends off if you do get A JOB
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible hours, dont hire again
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick17 June 2019
Good work place but could do with more staff benefits staff are discouraged to talk to each other in certain cases and the only benefits staff get are the bonus at Christmas time
Pros
Good understanding of staff circumstances
Cons
Low staff communication
Stay away worst place ever
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath3 June 2019
Management have no idea what there doing ,the place is falling apart ,no respect for anyone. Uncoordinated and no training for anyone. Worst place ever
Stay away
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enniscorthy, County Wexford26 May 2019
Managed extremely poorly. No such thing as a day off. Hours are terrible. Mangers talk to you like children, no respect! No respect for long term staff. The pay isn’t bad but not enough to be treated like that. The turnover in staff is huge, for good reason. A lot of people leave due to anxiety over the way there spoken to each day. Save yourself.
Pros
Na
Awful Avoid working there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin22 May 2019
Worse management I have ever worked for.So bad all the regular customers remark on it.Workplace culture catty and childish.Its like going back to secondary school.The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the managers and supervisors abuse and intimidation while getting stick off annoyed customers.A typical day would be huge ques of miserable middle aged women scolding you while you try your best to scan they're shopping quickly to get them out the door.I learned to never work for supervalu.
Pros
No pros, the place is a joy vacuum
Cons
quality of life and mental health suffer, low pay
Bad bad bad
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lucan, County Dublin11 May 2019
This can be a bad company to work for. They will ring on days off. They will blame you for their own mistakes. You have to constantly case them for anything i.e missed pay, gettin holidays and so on. They expect you to go out of your way to help their sales. You are looked down apon if you dont shop in your shop. When you do shop, you are treated like an enploye not a customer.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Alot
Safe workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castleisland, County Kerry7 May 2019
Wage was poor , hours were difficult to work around , staff were friendly ,work tended to get laborious and repetitive.I was given a large amount of hours .
Pros
Food in staff room
Cons
Long hours, poor wage
Only good for college students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tipperary9 April 2019
Nice place to work however there are long hours (the worst shift is 11:45-10) where I work. The hours are different every week with a roster done only on a Thursday for the next week so you can never plan for events. Little or no chance of advancement with minimum wage the norm until you have completed 10 years work. Lunches/breaks are not paid. Made some great friends here though.
Pros
Nice people, easy work and small christmas bonus
Cons
Long hours, no staff discount, no paid breaks, no advancement, minimum wage
Once you know the tricks, nothing changes
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Churchtown,Dublin24 January 2019
I worked part-time in the butchery department and enjoyed every minute. It was not a job that I envisioned myself doing but am better off learning about the industry and how it works.
Pros
worked well with college timetable
Cons
Management and atmosphere were awful.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford City Centre, County Waterford6 December 2018
Management when I worked in Supervalu were nothing but bullies. Often shouting at staff and in general treating staff with little respect. Met lots of great people working in Supervalu but it was a very depressing place to work, everyone in there just seemed to hate their lives. I started working there when I was 17 and my starting rate was €7.55 an hour. Due to the fact they're getting away with paying minors so little, the store almost only seemed to hire young people. It was only possible to get paid minimum wage after you had 2 years work experience and over 21.
Pros
Very sociable
Cons
Bad pay and Management
Easy and interactive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbeyleix, County Laois12 November 2018
I enjoy the customer interaction working at my local SuperValu. The workload is very manageable and even enjoyable. Management are nice and the shop is run well
Good Start-Up Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
My first job.

I gained a large experience in face to face customer communication, & can credit Supervalu with acquiring that skill

Job itself was not challenging, & ultimately I had to move on.

Good starting point for a student/post school
Pros
Good Employee Spirit
Cons
No Focus on Moral. No Promotional Incentive. No Bonus. UNdesirable Working Hours
Ok for a part-time job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2018
Supervalu was ok for a part-time job. I enjoyed who I worked with but didnt find managment helpful and the wages were not liveable. Hours ect were fine.
Pros
Distance.
Cons
Wages
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary31 August 2018
Working at Supervalu Clonmel was a pleasant experience. As a 'shop floor' member of staff i enjoyed my role and every member of staff was friendly and great to work with. Staff turnover was a down fall of the job. Great atmosphere in the shop.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Always expected to work outside given hours.