Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

productive and fun workplace

19 January 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Friendly and welcoming staff and management. Fast and friendly work place. I gained customer service experience here and retail experience.
22 August 2019
Same role
Bakery Operative, Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dalkey, County Dublin
While we had staff managers refused to give existing staff the hours they needed and opted to hire more staff than the shop could handle. Leading to a lack of hours for full time staff.
The management skills of the store manager were very lacking and he felt a need to try intimidate staff by cutting hours and "miscalculating" pay
Cons
Hours. Pay. Training. Management.
12 June 2017
Same role
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) - Tuam, County Galway
I wouldn't recommend working with this company. They pay young staff below the minimum wage and management for the most part were very strict and annoying.
2 July 2018
Same location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Balbriggan, County Dublin
I worked on two occasions in this workplace. I worked a 45 hour week and each day I would rotate fruit and vegetables and ensure all the produce was in good condition. It gave me a fantastic experience of working in a busy customer service environment and the most enjoyable part was definitely meeting new customers each day as they entered the store. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer's abstract queries however it was satisfying being able to assist them.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long Hours