Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

View all Supervalu Ireland reviews

Management and atmosphere were awful.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford City Centre, County Waterford6 December 2018
Management when I worked in Supervalu were nothing but bullies. Often shouting at staff and in general treating staff with little respect. Met lots of great people working in Supervalu but it was a very depressing place to work, everyone in there just seemed to hate their lives. I started working there when I was 17 and my starting rate was €7.55 an hour. Due to the fact they're getting away with paying minors so little, the store almost only seemed to hire young people. It was only possible to get paid minimum wage after you had 2 years work experience and over 21.
Pros
Very sociable
Cons
Bad pay and Management

Other Supervalu Ireland Employee Reviews

First job
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lusk, County Dublin14 January 2020
The company took full advantage of the fact that it's legal to pay workers with no previous employment way below minimum wage. This was my first job during college and I couldn't believe the management of the place. There was a new general manager every three months, it was very unorganized. Absolutely no staff loyalty but you were expected to be at their beck and call. I would not recommend.
N/a
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palmerstown, County Dublin12 January 2020
I enjoy working at supervalu and I enjoy helping and serving customers on a daily basis. The management has veried over the years and changes had been made for the best. I have worked in all different departments the deli the tills and in the office.