Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

Management and atmosphere were awful.

6 December 2018
Management when I worked in Supervalu were nothing but bullies. Often shouting at staff and in general treating staff with little respect. Met lots of great people working in Supervalu but it was a very depressing place to work, everyone in there just seemed to hate their lives. I started working there when I was 17 and my starting rate was €7.55 an hour. Due to the fact they're getting away with paying minors so little, the store almost only seemed to hire young people. It was only possible to get paid minimum wage after you had 2 years work experience and over 21.
Pros
Very sociable
Cons
Bad pay and Management
5 August 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Clondalkin
I worked in SuperValu for a very short month. The WORST place to work management have there favorites and try to belittle you all the time. You don’t get paid extra on sundays or bank holidays which is a rip of , I’d be working from 9-3 and someone would call in sick at 3 and management would ask me to stay till 3-11 (off licence shift) even though I’m after been there since 9am!!! And then I’d be back working at 11!!! Also the main manager daughter is only 17 and she had her serving on the till selling smokes and alcohol? Isn’t the legal age 18??
Pros
Cons
Very bad management, don’t get paid for Sunday’s or important days
26 June 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Limerick
It was my first ever job. Great induction process making sure everyone is up to speed with all aspects of the business before being delegated their respective role. Great flexibility and variety within the business
Pros
Discounts
16 September 2019

Staff discount & Christmas bonus excellent

Colleagues like family

Holidays 4 wks a year

Own brand Excellent
Pros
Friends
Cons
No hours