Supervalu Ireland
Supervalu Ireland Employee Review

Good interesting line of work, bad management.

29 January 2017
interesting line of work in the butchers counter, alot of skills amounted because of it. Uncoordinated management and lack of communication made it un fun to work there.
8 April 2019
Same role
Butchers Assistant (Former Employee) - Naas, County Kildare
Fellow employees were all fantastic, super friendly and welcoming. Most socialize outside of work and would regularly invite new people along.

Management is very old minded, they could do with fresh young thinkers. Most members of management are related to the store owners. The owners son struts around the store in a suit in a very unapproachable manner.

HR promise to sign you up to training at interview stage but nothing eventuates. HR and Management refuse to pay overtime but you are expected to work it atleast weekly.

The Rushe’s do not understand if your employee’s are happy there productivity goes up.

The deli and butcher department are forced to cover things up when FSAI turn up and if the inspector did a better job the whole store would be closed down.
Pros
Good breaks, Work colleagues are really friendly, Paid for the hours your rostered to work every week
Cons
Bad management, Minimum wage, Does not pay overtime, No store discount but your expected to buy from the store
5 November 2018
Same role
Assistant Butcher (Former Employee) - Béal an Átha Móir, County Leitrim
Long hours to work. I learned plenty about customer service in this role. I was very pleasant to deal with and interacted very well with all my customers. The management structure in this store was excellent and I knew exactly who to contact if I ever encountered a problem. the hardest part of this job was constantly standing for 8 hours a day. I felt this quite tiresome but when you are busy the day doesn't be long slipping by. I enjoyed meeting customers everyday and having a chat with them all.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
standing all day
31 August 2018
Same location
Butcher (Former Employee) - Donegal
This was a fun workplace but was hindered by the management that runs it. although the management is poor it is a rewarding place to work in accompanied by great staff.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supervalu Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.