SUSE Employee Reviews

Good, growing company, but sometimes disorganized
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Provo, UT15 January 2019
I like working here, and it seems like management really does care about the mission of the company and about the employees. If you have trouble dealing with uncertainty or waiting, this is not the place for you. While it's a good company with people who care, a lot of processes are clunky and time consuming. It's not always easy to get the information you need. Sometimes things that should take minutes take hours, and sometimes things that should take days take months.
Pros
Growing company, flexible, good management
Cons
clunky processes, communication
Really good and really bad
Marketing (Former Employee) –  United States15 March 2018
It all depends on who you work for. The company and senior leadership (above vp level) is great. The CEO, in particular, is a great businessperson, but also cares about his employees. Below evp level, you can run into some micro managers who profess to give you leeway, but then don't. Some middle managers go after their colleagues, and some department heads seem to encourage that behavior, wanting to see who will survive. It's a highly distributed workforce, so the hours can be long due to conference calls with other regions. Working from home was good, though.

I really wanted to like working for this company (and most of the time I did), but after seeing how my department vp treated people she disagreed with, I could no longer recommend it as a good place to work - borderline discrimination, even. I think other areas of the company are pretty good.
Good place overall
Partner Executive, Embedded Channel (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX2 November 2016
I enjoyed working at SUSE but I found myself selling into a new market for the company and it was not working well. I am being let go rather than reassigned.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits, great engineering company
Cons
Growing fast and many overaggressive type A managers lurking in the ranks
company was good, manegment was horrible!
Sr Linux Technical Spec (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC13 January 2015
loved working for the company ... co workers were great, software is great. My Manager was not so great, he had no backbone and would not stand up for his workers. If they were to get rid of some of the slack account executives, that would make it even better!
Pros
salary, co workers, etc
Cons
horrible manaegment
Inept Management at Capital firm, Dying Partner Brands
Territory Sales (Former Employee) –  United States6 October 2014
SUSE Needs to be spun off to a larger company that can take advantage of its overall growth potential and engineering strength. The parent companies of Novell and the Capital Management firm are in a position to do neither.
Pros
Brilliant Engineers, Great people
Cons
inept management at top driving business decisions
Very good engineering environment
openSUSE Team Lead and Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Nuremberg, Germany18 April 2014
SUSE has a very good engineering atmosphere, with a lot of talented workers despite the fact it is not a big company. They have a good balance between work and respect for your personal life.
Pros
Engineering culture and working conditions
great company to work at
Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UT3 April 2013
Great company to work at. Great benefits, work hours and people
Pros
great benefits, work hours and people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUSE. Our community is ready to answer.