Swissport International Ltd.

Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Flexible hours
Swissport has a very high staff turnover.
Advancement within the company is quite easy but positions are poorly paid for the high level of responsibility
poor
very poor to work for short contract periods apply with very little chance of been kept on the company lets staff go between october through to march then they will try to get you to come back.
little chance of upward mobility as management heavy layers of staff who have been there for years on old contracts with high pay
Passanger service agent
The work over all is fun to do,check in passangers, doing arrivals and Marshalling flights.
The shifts are short and not a lot of hours in the week.

Bad management. Very hard to get an answer from hr etc.
Pros
Fun to do
Cons
Bad management, lack of hours
not impressive
Staff are arrogant, company is terribly disorganized, bad management. Some people are really nice though. Easy enough job, but not worth it long term.
Pros
part time, have enough time for life
Interesting and fun workplace
o Check in, boarding, arrivals and marshalling and of flights for British Airways mainly. Returning and bring in and out stock at the end of working days. Checking of passengers, passport and visa requirements for flights around the world
Horrible management,salary and hours
The way staff are treated within this company is very poor. They are very unprofessional and are very bad at replying to queries and issues you need to be solved.

HR is very poor and waiting times for documentation is ridiculous waited 3 months when I first started for a contract.

Working hours are very poor unless you take overtime which is very hard as a lot of staff want the same shifts. Staff are under paid for the work they do and are not appreciated or thanked for their dedication and hard work which they do to keep the company striving.

The only benefit from this job is the people you work alongside.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Management, pay, hours, lack of communication
Exciting work environment but poor organisation from management
Training poorly provided by the company with most new employees having to repeatedly ask management for driver training. Very short notice period for weekly roster. Exciting working environment when out on the runway.
very enjoyable but stressful place to work
early starts but is a very highly respected job.
meet new people every day and make a lot of new friends.

can go to different countrys to work when having a lot of airport experience.

I learned a lot about the airport when before I started I wouldn't even know my way around and have a better understanding on how the airport is run.

management can be really busy so it feels like they don't have time for you at times.

hardest part of the job was the early mornings.

most enjoyable was the job itself and meeting new people and trying to better your career in the airport
Pros
knowleagment of the airport, fast track
Cons
very early starts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Swissport International Ltd.?
Productivity
Working for Swissport was one of the happiest moments of my life. Dublin Airport is one of the busiest in Europe and it definitely brings its excitement.

Swissport made it easier to enjoy and adapt to such a busy place. Meeting thousands of passenger every day and no two days are the same.
Pros
lovely environment
Cons
Bad management
Great co-workers thats it
I found this a horrible place to work . Felt picked on my management. team leads can be difficult The hours are horrible and the wages are poor. . My co-workers were great.
Great staff who help when you start
The normal staff are brilliant but management just look after themselves. No feedback, no encouragement from them. The supervisors are brilliant and are taken for granted by management Swissport would have a big problem if it wasn't for them looking after the staff.
Pros
Once trained which takes forever you can work autonomously
Cons
Pay and hours
Anti social Hours , but enjoyable work to do
It can be a very anti social place due to DAA being open from early till late everyday of the year , however I found the role to be very rewarding , I did enjoy managing aircraft and getting them in and out of the airport in a safe and timely manner.
Pros
So different to any other job I have ever had.
Cons
shift work
Great customer service experiance
Early hours
I learned that I love help customers,

Most of the time management try to be as helpfull as possible.

Friendly co-workers

Early hours is hardest part,

Best part of the job when all passangers on board and ready to go.
productive and satisfaction achieved when all works were complete
I worked with a wonderful team of people, we were a Team, I learned so much from everyone. Management were most helpful and worked tirelessly with the Team in order to achieve our goals daily, which was the result we all wanted. The hardest part of the job was finishing work late and on a very early the next morning, however, going to a job you enjoy never feels like 'hard work'.
Pros
worked with a fantastic group of 'people' who will be my life long friends.
Cons
exceptionally late hours
Productive and fun place to work.
Fantastic opportunities with regards meeting different people each day. No two days are ever the same. I love working with the customers. The fellow works are very different in regards there previous back rounds and fascinating as to what each worked at before joining SWISSPORT.
Pros
Easy work hr schedule
Cons
Some very early mornings
Innovated company with excellent opportunities for it's employees.
Swissport is an wonderful company to work for with driven ambition and a safe practising ethos for its employees and handling aircraft.
Fast paced.
Working to Deadlines.

Something different every day.

Good work ethics.

The early starts

Working with the public.
Cons
Travel time to work
keep away
not great they dont rate there work force and pay is a joke. The hours are not worth the pay no life with them. Go nowhere fast with this company
Fun workplace
My typical day at work would be greeting passengers and checking them in for their flights. I would have to identify the documentation and issue their boarding passes. I would then go down to the departure gate to board the flight, check passenger counts and ensure the flight has departed.
I learned a great amount about customer service while working at Swissport. You meet different people everyday and have to try your best to accommodate their needs while travelling.

The managers are very approachable. If you have any problems or issues they are happy to help you with them.

I worked with a team of about 12 different people. We all helped each other and got along as friends as well as colleagues.

The hardest part of my job would be if a flight was cancelled or delayed. You would have to be sympathetic with the passengers and try your best to help them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction you got when passengers where happy with their experience while travelling.
Pros
Great team, and management.
Cons
Part time hours.